Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    So is this now Middle School or Summer school? Or something else?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    what's "pansexual" - have I missed something all these years
  • Options
    If you don’t know then you’ve missed “everything” not something 😉
  • Options

• Options

That's 4 names but 5 women. Who didn't want their name added to the story but couldn't be airbrushed out of the photo.
  • Options

Some cracking racks on display there - like a dead heat in a Zeppelin race 😃
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    There are two called Dee
    Dee Dee Wilde if I remember correctly. My adolescent crush, along with Susan Dey in The Partridge Family
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    There are two called Dee
    Dee Dee Wilde if I remember correctly. My adolescent crush, along with Susan Dey in The Partridge Family

There’s only one Dee Dee in my world
  • Options
    The South London Press understands Charlton were offered their former player Lyle Taylor, who left Nottingham Forest in the summer.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/a-risk-charlton-boss-appleton-explains-why-free-transfer-striker-signings-have-been-avoided/
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The South London Press understands Charlton were offered their former player Lyle Taylor, who left Nottingham Forest in the summer.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/a-risk-charlton-boss-appleton-explains-why-free-transfer-striker-signings-have-been-avoided/
    Ahh! so that's why he didn't sign Lingaard as someone else suggested we should..
    Given the number of signings that this club has made in recent seasons (inc free agents and recently expired (contracts!) where the players are not fit then this is a change in thinking, maybe even a raising of standards. Well until the money gets tight. All fair points in the interview, let's see at the end of the season.
    PS I won't be cheering if LT scores and sends Wycombe to the play-offs. Just a sigh and shake of the head
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    There are two called Dee

There’s only one Dee Dee in my world
    From Pan’s People to The Ramones. That’s quite some career change. 
  • Options
    I actually really like the way Appleton has handled that. The obvious choice would be to say we'd never re-sign Taylor for his previous actions and get some fan brownie points, but all that's going to do is stir up Taylor and create extra animosity. Ruling him out based on fitness and talking up our young players instead puts a more positive spin on it and stops Taylor becoming the story again, which he loves. I'm absolutely certain that when he comes to The Valley he'll get booed to oblivion and play his best game for Wycombe because that's how he operates. Don't need to add anything to that. 
    We've played them at The Valley already, and he won't be there next season I'm sure
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor baby is an Ex who left us when we needed him most.  The feckless fucker just upped and left. We are still bitter and twisted as instead of staying in the detach house in Chislehurst, we are now in a bed sit in West Croydon and it's shite. The slippery slope followed and it's hard to get back up.

Instead of being a hero for ever and a day even if he had left at the end of the mini season. He is persona non Grata and the only mitigation was Matthew "my door is always open" Southall but 9 more games, just 9 more games and he was a free man to go to big school. 

We may have only got a couple more points but it would've been enough just to see championship football.

We have to move on: hopefully from this bed sit in West Croydon to a semi in Sidcup where the nice people hang out.

The 12 X10 picture I had taken with Taylor is up the loft along with the blow up I had taken with Katrina Meire the day she wore the black leather skirt.
    Life is all about being let down 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lyle Taylor baby is an Ex who left us when we needed him most.  The feckless fucker just upped and left. We are still bitter and twisted as instead of staying in the detach house in Chislehurst, we are now in a bed sit in West Croydon and it's shite. The slippery slope followed and it's hard to get back up.

Instead of being a hero for ever and a day even if he had left at the end of the mini season. He is persona non Grata and the only mitigation was Matthew "my door is always open" Southall but 9 more games, just 9 more games and he was a free man to go to big school. 

We may have only got a couple more points but it would've been enough just to see championship football.

We have to move on: hopefully from this bed sit in West Croydon to a semi in Sidcup where the nice people hang out.

The 12 X10 picture I had taken with Taylor is up the loft along with the blow up I had taken with Katrina Meire the day she wore the black leather skirt.
    He might not have needed to play all 9. If memory serves me correct there were 3 games played up until 30th June when contracts usually expire. He didn't play any of these 3 games from the restart. Just scoring in one of those 3 games could have given us the extra point we needed to stay up.

The f*cker couldn't even see out his contract. 
    He needed to play and score against Cardiff if I remember correctly we won the other two games 1-0.
  • Options

How about showing us the picture of you and Katrien in her black leather skirt soapbox?
  • Options

How about showing us the picture of you and Katrien in her black leather skirt soapbox?
    Cuddles is going to have words with you two.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    We'll never know what would have happened if he'd played for us then because he chose not to. Had he, who knows where his head would have been at. I do know that if Barnsley hadn't scored in injury time to get a shock result against Brentford, it wouldn't have mattered.
    I think we'll still have had the hatred for him even if we'd stayed up.
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    He let us all down, that’s all there is to it. He could have had a legacy where he was remembered as one of our most exciting players of recent times. But no, he will always be remembered as someone who let us down. 
    He didn't let me down 
  • Options

That's 4 names but 5 women. Who didn't want their name added to the story but couldn't be airbrushed out of the photo.
    The missing name is Louise Clarke, middle at the back. The book was published in 2013. Sadly Louise had died the year before.