Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options

Has joined Cambridge. Wycombe fans quite happy by the looks of it, 9 appearances 0 goals.
    #juniorschool 
  • Options
    Does he think that playing in League One is now beneath him?
    Probably does but will take the money.
  • Options

• Options
    It actually wouldn't surprise me if he scored a few there.. Cambridge is a very small pond and for an egocentric prat he may just thrive.
    I wonder if they lose their striker now who we have been lined with.
  • Options
    It actually wouldn't surprise me if he scored a few there.. Cambridge is a very small pond and for an egocentric prat he may just thrive.
    So are Wycombe and how did that turn out?

looking at lyles career, he was ok for a bit at Falkirk and Wimbledon, very good for us but the rest of his career, he has been a below average journey man. I reckon his Cambridge stint will be another journey man stint.
  • Options

looking at lyles career, he was ok for a bit at Falkirk and Wimbledon, very good for us but the rest of his career, he has been a below average journey man. I reckon his Cambridge stint will be another journey man stint.
    Agree. Also, he's made his money and he's just eeking out whatever he's got left. No motivation to achieve anything now. 
  • Options
    I think they've signed Lyle because of an injury to Gassan Ahadme not sure if he's actually gone back to Ipswich formally but I did see he broke his foot and is out for a while 
  • Options

Perhaps we can now see that this is why he did not want to get injured playing those last few games for us because had he picked up an injury of any longevity, at the age of 30, he really would have missed out on his dream move. He openly admitted that he doesn't like the game and perhaps his only motivation for playing was the money and the adulation. In that order. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think they've signed Lyle because of an injury to Gassan Ahadme not sure if he's actually gone back to Ipswich formally but I did see he broke his foot and is out for a while 
    Weren't we linked with Ahadme briefly in the window?

Dont know if was an empty rumour, but if we were, we're injuring players through the power of thought now!!

Yeah his name came up before Christmas , now he's out for 10 weeks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scored his first goal today soon after coming on as sub. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Weren't we linked with Ahadme briefly in the window?

Dont know if was an empty rumour, but if we were, we're injuring players through the power of thought now!!
    Empty rumour from ITTV.
  • Options
    Scored his first goal today soon after coming on as sub. 
    And got the assist for the winner as the mighty all conquering Cambridge go level on points with us in this high quality division of ours 
  • Options
    Cambridge have Lyle, Morro, Jordan Cousins and Suley Kalkai - sounds like a CAFC team from ages back. 

Now on same points as us. 
  • Options
    edited January 14
    Cuckoo
  • Options
    Cambridge have Lyle, Morro, Jordan Cousins and Suley Kalkai - sounds like a CAFC team from ages back. 

With a game in hand too.
  • Options

With a game in hand too.
    😩
  • Options
    His performance for Cambridge was at least an 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Ha ! Ha! Scores one  makes one and sets up a sitter which is missed by a colleague. Just saying. We could have had him for free. He would have taught these youngsters thing about holding the ball up.About being a striker.
    Just saying. We'll see by the end of the season. When he scores the winner against us ( and sends us down? I hope we're clear by then)
    JUST SAYING.
    Do you mean a forward or someone who withdraws their labour? 
    He has a particular set of skills, which are still lacking in our current squad. Particularly hold up play , but also every other aspect of striker's role, mainly strikers instinct, physicality, contribution to defensive duties, and one question mark is whether mobility/speed would have deteriorated in his long lay-off.. At the time, pre Xmas it wasn't clear if the current owners had /were prepared to spend money . This has changed in the last 2 weeks. He was available  on a free so would have improved our squad in skills we are lacking. It's all changed now  we may well buy a striker and Taylor is under contract at Cambridge. So a missed opportunity, but the owners are willing to burn some money (their money). I hope it works out well.
  • Options

Think his off-field performance against our club was a 10 for shithousery 
  • Options
    Were you at the game? 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Were you at the game? 
    It sounds like an educated guess.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Were you at the game? 
    It sounds like an University educated guess.

• Options
    He’s certainly a mood player. If he feels he’s adored he’ll play better.