Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• RedChaser said:
    bobmunro said:
    At 29 this is the highest level LT has ever played. He has skill, speed, vision - but.... there is a reason why this is the highest level.
    If he wants away then so be it.

Toney will be a decent replacement!!
    Exactly, the blokes a League 1 journeyman with a couple of pens in the Championship. 

Fuck him let him go. 
    Jesus Christ.....what a twat!
    Was a bloody joke you wanker. 
     Back in the day I would have assumed you liked hospital food. A case of crossed wires, stand down everybody 😉.
    Calm down Rocky, you're not as young as you used to be.
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    At 29 this is the highest level LT has ever played. He has skill, speed, vision - but.... there is a reason why this is the highest level.

Exactly, the blokes a League 1 journeyman with a couple of pens in the Championship. 

Fuck him let him go. 
    Exactly??

I never said anything remotely like that.
    I meant exactly as in let him go if he wants to go. 

The rest was a joke because in reality I would be gutted to see him go. He would be hard to replace and I can’t see someone like Toney coming in unfortunately. More likely the Blackpool guy. 
    Understood.
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
    Exactly??

I never said anything remotely like that.
    I meant exactly as in let him go if he wants to go. 

The rest was a joke because in reality I would be gutted to see him go. He would be hard to replace and I can’t see someone like Toney coming in unfortunately. More likely the Blackpool guy. 
    Blimey mate.....why didn’t you put a smiley up or something, of course given what you posted I thought you were being something of a twat........so sorry for that., please accept my apologies.
    Ermmmm Merry Christmas......... and all that.
    Yes in hindsight might have been an idea...

Apology accepted, and that is repriciated for my less than pleasant reply. 
  • edited December 2019
    RedChaser said:
    bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
     Back in the day I would have assumed you liked hospital food. A case of crossed wires, stand down everybody 😉.
    Not me Elfs , it was Sound As I was referring to 😉.
  • The disappointment of LT going would not match that felt when Yann Kermogant was sold.

Was pretty devastated when Yann went - don't feel the same way about LT. 
  • edited December 2019

Incidentally, my take on Taylor is that he will go where the best payday is.
    As it stands, we know full well that under the Duchatalet regime that’s not going to happen, so ‘if it’s true’ that he has turned down the current offer (quelel surprise), that’s quite understandable.
    I for one am pretty confident that when and if the takeover happens, then a far better deal will be offered.....let’s see what happens.
    As far as Lyles social media stuff goes I don’t read any of it...... I honestly don’t care one little bit what stuff he comes out with. I care about all the times he’s got me out of my seat applauding his contribution.
    Some posters are saying he doesn’t want to continue playing for us......’as things stand’ I can perfectly understand that......so let’s collectively keep our cool and see what gives.
    All I know is that he has been outstanding for us and we simply cannot let another top quality talisman slip through our grasp yet again and expect to easily replace him......I have seen that scenario more times than I wish to remember.
    Just for once, let’s shake off that long held selling club tag that we have fostered for the last 60 years and build upon it.
    We should definitely offer him the best deal possible. I agree he wants a nice paycheck and I don't blame him at his age and stage of career. 

Unfortunately for us our think our position in the table means he will go. Realistically we can't get promoted and if a Swansea or West Brom come in I can't see him signing a new deal, however lucrative as it means he has a real shot of playing Premier League football come August. If we were offering 5k more than them maybe he would stay, but I can't see that happening. 

Realastically we are going to be tempted with any offer over 2million which is peanuts in today's market. 
  • edited December 2019
    cs1986 said:
    He thinks he is better than he is thats clear. I would like him to stay but not bothered if he goes now tbh.
    I think he is a confident person that knows what he wants.

I imagine he has had contact with clubs regularly since the Brentford deal went sideways.

Who can blame him for a final pay day to change the course of his life.
    I agree i would be chasing the money for sure. Ge is a massive risk for any decent champ side as he is unproven at the level. Either way he needs to get his focus back.
  • A lot of over reacting here.

If the new owners are confirmed, Bowyer signs a new deal and it's announced that Taylor has signed a new 3 year deal we'd all be delighted. So not sure i get people saying "he can fuck off now" etc etc.

Also seen it said that people wouldn't mind him going, if Toney comes in. No way are we getting Toney as Peterborough want 10m+ for him. My guess is Toney will go in the summer to one of the 3 clubs relegated from the premier league or perhaps to Fulham if they don't go up and Mitrovic doesn't want another year in the championship.
    Not sure it is a massive overreaction. He has been winding people up. You have to understand fans views if he wants to leave the club which to me it sounds very much like he does. 
  • Sponsored links:

If the new owners are confirmed, Bowyer signs a new deal and it's announced that Taylor has signed a new 3 year deal we'd all be delighted. So not sure i get people saying "he can fuck off now" etc etc.

Also seen it said that people wouldn't mind him going, if Toney comes in. No way are we getting Toney as Peterborough want 10m+ for him. My guess is Toney will go in the summer to one of the 3 clubs relegated from the premier league or perhaps to Fulham if they don't go up and Mitrovic doesn't want another year in the championship.
    Not sure it is a massive overreaction. He has been winding people up. You have to understand fans views if he wants to leave the club which to me it sounds very much like he does. 
    Absolutely nowhere has he ever said he wants to leave. As far as i'm aware his agent has turned down an unsatisfactory (in his opinion) wage offer and that's it.
  • bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
    Was that your Pontius Pilate impression? 

Absolutely nowhere has he ever said he wants to leave. As far as i'm aware his agent has turned down an unsatisfactory (in his opinion) wage offer and that's it.
    I agree, and I didn't say he has. 

But it's quite clear he wanted to go to Brentford at the end of the window and my gut feeling is he wants to go now. 
  • His agent will be fully aware of what other clubs are willing to offer plus what other add ons would be lucrative to Lyle.

Our basic offer may well match others but Lyle will know If he joins Brentford as rumoured previously and currently sitting 4th, fires them to promotion he would be in for a substantial bonus with this. This may well be the difference in the offers and would massively influence his decision.

This hasn't stemmed from Lyle not doing what his paid it has stemmed from a club being poorly run by an inept regime.

• RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
    I take it back, shame on you @SoundAsa£, fighting at 80.

Admittedly he is a professional footballer and should be careful what he spouts on social media.  However, it is alright for supporters to slam footballers but when they respond the very same fans complain.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
    Sound As Eighty??? Elfs, I'd put in a last minute request to Santa for two new front teeth if I were you. Only trying to help 😉.
  • All I will say is when ever I see Taylor's character criticised, I think back to when he spent time with that lady (sorry can't remember her name) who was in a hospice seriously ill with cancer.

He didn't have to do that and if he brought some happiness to a seriously ill lady in her final days he's OK in my eyes despite what he may post on line. 
    F****** 100% spot on.
  • 100% agent talk to get him to stay with an improved contract. This always happens because it's their job!
  • Sponsored links:

• The fact that Bowyer came out and said himself it was a 'good' offer.

End of the season he'll be off I reckon. He has pissed me off a little bit with his social media posts etc. but reading some further posts on here I have no animosity and would never boo one of our own, players come and players go. 

• RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
    Sound As Eighty??? Elfs, I'd put in a last minute request to Santa for two new front teeth if I were you. Only trying to help 😉.
    I have false railings already.
  • I don't blame him if he left for a pay rise and a club with better league standing.

But a 29-year-old man posting cryptic posts on social media etc pushing for bites, gets a few then complains about their treatment is just weird. I don't agree with people giving him abuse but why even tempt them, he knows exactly what he is doing with his posts. Not just with his Charlton situation as well, his political posts were way OTT and every time he got a reaction which he wanted, he complained about "abuse".
    Its not hard, at that age to not post anything cryptic until its all sorted, we are not talking about an 18/19-year-old here. I think it shows a little lack of respect and stinks of attention-seeking.

Remind me, did Joe Gomez, Lookman & Poyet post anything cryptic looking for reactions before their contract/transfer was sorted.. No, they didn't and all these players were under 21.

Great player, a fantastic servant for the club and good luck to him whatever he does. I would be delighted if he signed, however, it's getting a little boring now and he needs to grow up a little.

p.s I am in no way condoning some of the moronic people floating around on social media.

I think I am right in saying(which will make a change), that Taylor does not like football and it is purely a job.
  • Rich Cawley has said he doesn't believe ESI's offer would be much different from Roland's, which if true, surely suggests it's a decent offer.
    How would he know though?

• All I will say is when ever I see Taylor's character criticised, I think back to when he spent time with that lady (sorry can't remember her name) who was in a hospice seriously ill with cancer.

He didn't have to do that and if he brought some happiness to a seriously ill lady in her final days he's OK in my eyes despite what he may post on line. 
    Excellent post.

And also anyone i know who's met him before or after a game has always said what a nice guy he is, always willing to stay around and sign stuff for people etc.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Rich Cawley has said he doesn't believe ESI's offer would be much different from Roland's, which if true, surely suggests it's a decent offer.
    How would he know though?

Red Bat Matt phone straight through to the oracle 😉
  • Losing your best players is never the route to progression on the pitch, surely we have learnt that by now.  That said, I do wonder if Taylor will be much good in 2-3 years time.  I think he is picking up an injury or two each season last couple of years which may be due to the physical way he plays.
  • I wonder if this so called exclusive is actually just trying to get a few hits on the Londonnewsonline website.

Doesn’t say when the contract was offered so might be referring to the last time one was offered to him. Doesn’t seem credible that RD would be offering contracts now with the sale about to go through.

I heard a little while ago that he (through his agent) was offered 60% of what he was looking for and it was turned down by his agent.
    Taylor can say that "HE" hasn't been offered a contract, but that doesn't mean that his agent wasn't.
    And it's quite clear from Bowyer's comments that if any contract has been offered to Lyle Taylor, it is Roland's contract offer:

Rich Cawley reported: "But Bowyer – speaking exclusively to the South London Press – said: “Lyle has been offered a contract and he declined it.
    “It’s his choice if he wants to sign it or not.

“We’ve offered him a good contract. Roland [Duchatelet] offered him what we think is a good contract.

That won't be the same offer that Matt Southall of ESI has said he will make, when he said that it was a priority to tie Taylor down with a new contract.