Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• edited December 2019
    So the truth is Lyle Taylor have been made a new offer if Rich Cawley is kosher.
    So was this offer made on the behalf of ESI by Duchatelet ? Lyle's agent will know the going rate for goal scoring strikers in the Championship, and this offer must be short.
    This period of limbo is doing untold damage to an injuries hit squad and is so difficult for Bowyer and Gallen to plan.
  • On twitter he only follows Charlton and rangers and only follows 2 leagues efl and spl so a move is defo on..........
    I have seen he has followed Rangers from his Falkirk days.
  • Just catching up with the last week of this.

Ive long held a view that as a fanbase we don’t collectively sit comfortably with ‘heroes’. There’s always a bit of an undercurrent there that when they get elevated to that status by some, others will be waiting to bring them back down as quickly as possible.

Success brings demand and dilemmas. There’s clearly some wrangling going on behind the scenes and we are in a no mans land at the moment. This next contract is Taylor's career defining one and from an individual point of view, he has to choose the right one.

A pre-takeover Charlton one won't be it, will it?

What stands out to me is why did Bowyer bring this to the fore yesterday?

There must have been an agenda and reason for doing so. Is it to Taylor or is it to the potential owners? i'm just not clear what it is.

Paragraph one is a fans thing wholesale, not just at Charlton.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Very odd behaviour from Lyle.

He's a hundred percenter on the pitch every game. Everyone who's met him says what a great guy he is. But he appears to be broadcasting porkies and being disruptive to the club.
    More faces than Micky Most, possibly.
  • If he goes on twitter tonight and slags off every Charlton fan and their mums  And tells em their wives are slags I don’t farking care ..... 
    anyone on that shit over 25 who’s bothered by wha the anyone says needs to liven up 
    have my babies Lyle 

last Christmas I gave you my heart ...
    Been on the beer mate?
  • If he goes on twitter tonight and slags off every Charlton fan and their mums  And tells em their wives are slags I don’t farking care ..... 
    anyone on that shit over 25 who’s bothered by wha the anyone says needs to liven up 
    have my babies Lyle 

last Christmas I gave you my heart ...
    Been on the beer mate?
    Yesh 
  • Vincenzo said:

He's a hundred percenter on the pitch every game. Everyone who's met him says what a great guy he is. But he appears to be broadcasting porkies and being disruptive to the club.
     Once more fan assumptions are shit and false.

Lyle has not been offered a new contract since the start of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Vincenzo said:

Says who.

Bowyer the other day said he has rejected a contract on improved terms.

The thing is it was offered by RD so probably still not what he will be offered elsewhere hence why he rejected.

Lets see what he is offered when the takeover finally goes through
  • edited December 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Vincenzo said:

So Cawley did get his wires crossed with the conversation with Bowyer and the offer to Taylor was several  months ago before ESI were in the frame.  Even more adult children will troll him with shite. 

• edited December 2019
    mart77 said:
    Bowyer has said the deal offered to Taylor was 2/3 months ago and nothing to do with ESI
    Ofcourse it had nothing to do with ESI even if the offer was last week, until the are officially incharge they cant put offers to players or management.

So even if a contract was offered in the last 2 weeks ofcourse it would be rejected, because you know with new owners on the horizon you will get a much better offer if you wait a few weeks
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Vincenzo said:

Says who.

The thing is it was offered by RD so probably still not what he will be offered elsewhere hence why he rejected.

Says Bowyer in his post match interview

• Don’t like to say......

Whatever.

Just enjoy the day..
  • edited December 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Vincenzo said:

Says who.

Says Bowyer in his post match interview

Not strictly true, you say he hasnt been offered a contract since the start of the season.

Bowyer says the contract wass offered 2-3 months ago, seasom started over 4 months ago, so it was after the season started.

Also most of what has been written over the last few days was based on everyone thinking he had rejected a contract within the last few weeks which is because they were crossed wires, so your comment about fan assumption being Shit and False is out of order IMO

Even your initial comment was to something someone said yesterday before Bowyer clarified the comments today, so when the post was made yesterday we still all believed that taylor had recently rejected a contract as thats what we were told
  • Did Roland offer to halve his wages?
  • Sponsored links:

• Did Roland offer to halve his wages?

Be a good reason to like Rangers
  • Just read 5 or 6 pages of this

Bizarre Lyle bashing 

Just wait and see what happens if/when deal goes through 
  • Would be a great shame if he left but I wouldn't blame him. Need to sort out the takeover.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    Bowyer has said the deal offered to Taylor was 2/3 months ago and nothing to do with ESI
    Ofcourse it had nothing to do with ESI even if the offer was last week, until the are officially incharge they cant put offers to players or management.

So even if a contract was offered in the last 2 weeks ofcourse it would be rejected, because you know with new owners on the horizon you will get a much better offer if you wait a few weeks
    But he hasn't been offered a contract in months. Full stop. He hasn't rejected anything since he got his last offer months ago.

So no Lyle has not been offered anything new so is not lying and Cawley was incorrect in his assumption about what Bow meant.
    Do you really think Rich Cawley, a very experienced Charlton reporter,  made an “incorrect assumption” when he talks to Lee Bowyer privately a couple of times a week, every week? I don’t.

Given Bowyer clarified that the latest contract Lyle has received was months ago, on this occasion it is plausible.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:

But he hasn't been offered a contract in months. Full stop. He hasn't rejected anything since he got his last offer months ago.

So no Lyle has not been offered anything new so is not lying and Cawley was incorrect in his assumption about what Bow meant.
    Do you really think Rich Cawley, a very experienced Charlton reporter,  made an “incorrect assumption” when he talks to Lee Bowyer privately a couple of times a week, every week? I don’t.

I do.
  • Redrobo said:
    Don’t like to say......

Whatever.

Just enjoy the day..
    Agreed.

Bowyer says one thing, Taylor says another.

Somebody is being conservative with the truth, the fans will never know.
  • Redrobo said:
    Don’t like to say......

Whatever.

Just enjoy the day..
    Agreed.

Bowyer says one thing, Taylor says another.

Somebody is being conservative with the truth, the fans will never know.
    Bowyer has clarified. That's enough for me.