Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Don’t like to say......

Whatever.

Just enjoy the day..
    Agreed.

Bowyer says one thing, Taylor says another.

Somebody is being conservative with the truth, the fans will never know.
    Bowyer has clarified. That's enough for me.
    Does this mean that Taylor is telling porkies?
  • edited December 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Don’t like to say......

Whatever.

Just enjoy the day..
    Agreed.

Bowyer says one thing, Taylor says another.

Somebody is being conservative with the truth, the fans will never know.
    Bowyer has clarified. That's enough for me.
    Does this mean that Taylor is telling porkies?
    No. It means that Lyle has not been offered a new contract recently. The last offer was months ago. He has not recently declined a contract, because none have been offered... Recently.

• It´s all so confusing.
  • LouisMend said:
    I think Richard Cawley was clearly misleading with his article, clickbait at its finest. 
    Not sure this is fair. 

Story was reported at the start of October that contract discussions were ongoing between the club and Taylor https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-lyle-taylor-talks-about-his-charlton-athletic-contract-situation-and-summer-transfer-bids/

Bowyer then this week, for the first time, went on the record and said that Taylor had turned down a contract offer from Roland. 
    Agreed. Either Taylor has been offered a new deal which would keep him at the club after June or he hasn’t. There is no “it’s an old offer” or “we didn’t mean that offer”.

On what planet is RD making another offer in November when he thinks he is selling the club? On what planet does Rich think that is the case when he is in a constant dialogue with Bowyer. 

• It’s just shown the absolute worst of people this whole episode.
    Let it be a lesson, step away from Twitter once & awhile. 
  • Can we just leave it at this: 

“I (Bowyer) spoke to Lyle on Thursday, and Lyle did get offered a contract from Roland, but declined that from Roland.

“There was a bit of confusion regarding the new party (ESI) and Matt (Southall.

“Maybe he thought someone was talking about that, but it’s not important, the most important thing is Lyle gets back playing and scoring goals and whatever his future holds, will hold.

“Lyle is important to us, so if we can keep him then that will only benefit us as a football club.”

That's it. No more guessing who said what and why.

• Sponsored links:

• edited December 2019
    LouisMend said:
    I think Richard Cawley was clearly misleading with his article, clickbait at its finest. 
    Not sure this is fair. 

Story was reported at the start of October that contract discussions were ongoing between the club and Taylor https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-lyle-taylor-talks-about-his-charlton-athletic-contract-situation-and-summer-transfer-bids/

Bowyer then this week, for the first time, went on the record and said that Taylor had turned down a contract offer from Roland. 
    But if it was not misleading why has Bowyer had to come out and make it clear? 

• LouisMend said:
    Not sure this is fair. 

Agreed. Either Taylor has been offered a new deal which would keep him at the club after June or he hasn’t. There is no “it’s an old offer” or “we didn’t mean that offer”.

On what planet is RD making another offer in November when he thinks he is selling the club? On what planet does Rich think that is the case when he is in a constant dialogue with Bowyer. 

Is the above reflected in Richs article? No - that's the issue with it.

For someone apparently in constant dialogue with LB, it was not clear in his article so much so Bowyer has even come out and said it.
  • At least his christmas present to us is no more Twitter 
    And himself!

• edited December 2019
    Now scored more goals for us in all competitions than Yann Kermorgant
  • Sweepstake on when he'll be sold? I'm going 21st January 
  • Terrific player. Best on the pitch last night even though he did a few fish jumping routines. 
  • Brentford are flying, 9 wins in 14 games, 4th in the table and in Mbeumo and Watkins have 2 of the divisions leading scorers. 

It's quite possible that they don't even want Taylor any more, as unless they sell someone they're not going to break up a really good strike pairing. And are they going to pay him 20k a week to sit on the bench?
  • Sponsored links:

• According to the Daily Mail, Sheffield United are interested in Taylor. The last player they bought from us was Ricky Holmes and his stay at Bramall Lane was disastrous. 
  • According to the Daily Mail, Sheffield United are interested in Taylor. The last player they bought from us was Ricky Holmes and his stay at Bramall Lane was disastrous. 
    True, but irrelevant. He would be mad not to go there. 
    I know they were sniffing around Bradley Dack at the beginning of the season but he’s injured so A striker is something they’re looking for
    I know they were sniffing around Bradley Dack at the beginning of the season but he’s injured so A striker is something they’re looking for
    Dack isn’t a striker and couldn’t be anymore different to Lyle Taylor in playing style. 
  • Dack is a goalscorer then 
    A worryingly sensible rumour.
  • Quick, pitch your tents at Kings Cross. 
  • Unless you know something that we don't it was a fake Rangers account that tweeted that. 
  • Stone said:
    Gone to Rangers
    No he hasn't