Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• One of you is talking about BWP and the other about Lyle lol
  • Sorry got his age wrong. 30 not 34.
  • Maybe not then, you're just fishing/clueless
  • Even with their new striker, Brentford have said they want another striker
    Thirty next month I believe. 
    Still has a few years in him yet.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    One of you is talking about BWP and the other about Lyle lol
    No. Look at the stats. Show me where I'm wrong.
  • edited January 2020
    Thirty next month I believe. 
    Still has a few years in him yet.
    I'd like to think you're right. 
  • edited January 2020
    The bloke who has never played above L1 until August 2019 and has been injured since Sept. I like Lyle.  I loved his start to the season. But we've waited 4 months and he's still not fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he does go can't see it being Brentford, their current 2 strikers have got 27 between them so he would arguably be third choice plus they just got another striker yesterday,  I think his new injury means no one will come in for him and he will stay till the end of the season, will be offered a new deal and once it becomes clear what ESI'S ambitions are for next season will determine if Lyle signs.
    I think by the end of this season he will go to L1 or retire.
    Don’t be stupid. 
    OK I'll try not to be. Why do you think an out of contract 30 yr old with a bad injury record and only a couple months championship experience will be seen as a good deal by anyone above L1?
    Did you miss the start of the season ? He can more than hold his own at this level when 100% fit. 
  • The bloke who has never played above L1 until August 2019 and has been injured since Sept. I like Lyle.  I loved his start to the season. But we've waited 4 months and he's still not fit.
    I will always refer to you as wheresmebrain from now on. 
    Refer to me anyway you like genius. Any actual points to make?
  • The bloke who has never played above L1 until August 2019 and has been injured since Sept. I like Lyle.  I loved his start to the season. But we've waited 4 months and he's still not fit.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you think he is going to end up playing in league one next year then that is fine. Personally I don't think that is correct, he has continued to develop as a footballer and before he got injured more than showed that he belonged at this level and if he is not playing for Charlton next year it will be for another Championship club. 

However to say he has a bad injury record is just incorrect. Look at the stats. Show me where I'm wrong. 
  • shine166 said:
    If he does go can't see it being Brentford, their current 2 strikers have got 27 between them so he would arguably be third choice plus they just got another striker yesterday,  I think his new injury means no one will come in for him and he will stay till the end of the season, will be offered a new deal and once it becomes clear what ESI'S ambitions are for next season will determine if Lyle signs.
    Don’t be stupid. 
    OK I'll try not to be. Why do you think an out of contract 30 yr old with a bad injury record and only a couple months championship experience will be seen as a good deal by anyone above L1?
    Did you miss the start of the season ? He can more than hold his own at this level when 100% fit. 
    1 great month
    I think that the point he made was reasonable and appropriate. 
  • shine166 said:
    If he does go can't see it being Brentford, their current 2 strikers have got 27 between them so he would arguably be third choice plus they just got another striker yesterday,  I think his new injury means no one will come in for him and he will stay till the end of the season, will be offered a new deal and once it becomes clear what ESI'S ambitions are for next season will determine if Lyle signs.
    Don’t be stupid. 
    1 great month
    Impressed promotion hopefuls enough to bid 4 million for him
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you think he is going to end up playing in league one next year then that is fine. Personally I don't think that is correct, he has continued to develop as a footballer and before he got injured more than showed that he belonged at this level and if he is not playing for Charlton next year it will be for another Championship club. 

However to say he has a bad injury record is just incorrect. Look at the stats. Show me where I'm wrong. 
    Fish I hope you are right. I said that the only time he has played above L1 was this year. That he was injured after one month and has remained injured. I'm not sure another champ club would see him as a good bet.
    OK. Explain the point to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    The bloke who has never played above L1 until August 2019 and has been injured since Sept. I like Lyle.  I loved his start to the season. But we've waited 4 months and he's still not fit.
    His point was that you appear to have lost your brain as well as your ticket. 
    Oh I see.  Sorry, I was talking to the grownups. Is your little friend shy?
  • edited January 2020
    What I want most of all is to be coming back here in a few weeks admitting I was full of shit after a return to early season form. Just don't think it is going to happen

• I don't think I am going to get a promote on this one am I?
    Oh I see.  Sorry, I was talking to the grownups.
    And not making a lot of sense.
    Lyle Taylor has played over 170 league games in the last four seasons, in leagues far more physical than the Championship. That hardly smacks of being injury prone.
    He showed enough last season for Brentford to offer £4m in the Summer and the form that he showed in the first month of this season would have enhanced his reputation not diminished it.
    The fact that he got a knee injury that kept him out for 3 months would not have reduced the demand for his signature this month or at the end of the season. The fact that he now has a thigh injury may make some think twice but it doesn't sound too serious and has clearly been caused by being overplayed on his return from injury (thanks Roland!).
    Grown-up enough for you. 
  • shine166 said:
    Don’t be stupid. 
    1 great month
    And injured the rest ffs, judge his games not his absence.
  • edited January 2020
    Oh I see.  Sorry, I was talking to the grownups.
    And not making a lot of sense.
    Lyle Taylor has played over 170 league games in the last four seasons, in leagues far more physical than the Championship. That hardly smacks of being injury prone.
    He showed enough last season for Brentford to offer £4m in the Summer and the form that he showed in the first month of this season would have enhanced his reputation not diminished it.
    The fact that he got a knee injury that kept him out for 3 months would not have reduced the demand for his signature this month or at the end of the season. The fact that he now has a thigh injury may make some think twice but it doesn't sound too serious and has clearly been caused by being overplayed on his return from injury (thanks Roland!).
    Grown-up enough for you. 
    LAST season Brentford thought he was worth 4m. He has been injured almost the entire single half season he has spent in the Championship. I didn't say he was injury prone. I specifically said that I thought he would return to L1 football. He showed great form for that 1 month in August. 

Yes that was more grown up. Well done.
  • edited January 2020