Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Play amateur football so comparison you could take as meaningless if you like.  But a thigh strain is one the worst to get rid of even if minor, requires so much rest, and they reoccur even with a slightly premature return, could easily be a month or so this unfortunately..
  • Play amateur football so comparison you could take as meaningless if you like.  But a thigh strain is one the worst to get rid of even if minor, requires so much rest, and they reoccur even with a slightly premature return, could easily be a month or so this unfortunately..
    Silver lining but perhaps other clubs won't bid for him if he's injured for a while? 
  • Why all the negative comments
    Hes probably frustrated in himself that's hes not 100% fit
    But I thought I read before that the 1st thing the new owners wanted to do was give bowyer and Taylor new contracts so I will talk their word on it for now
  • Talal said:
    Play amateur football so comparison you could take as meaningless if you like.  But a thigh strain is one the worst to get rid of even if minor, requires so much rest, and they reoccur even with a slightly premature return, could easily be a month or so this unfortunately..
    Silver lining but perhaps other clubs won't bid for him if he's injured for a while? 
    Problem there is we’re still a good forward light, least if he’s sold now we will replace.  Not that I want that scenario.
  • Talal said:
    Play amateur football so comparison you could take as meaningless if you like.  But a thigh strain is one the worst to get rid of even if minor, requires so much rest, and they reoccur even with a slightly premature return, could easily be a month or so this unfortunately..
    Problem there is we’re still a good forward light, least if he’s sold now we will replace.  Not that I want that scenario.
    True but had hoped with the takeover we'd bring in enough strikers whether he's sold or not. 
  • Talal said:
    Doesn’t really make a difference to us if he isn’t playing and isn’t signing a new contract
  • be gutted if he goes -  a proven centre forward at the top of his game - like gold dust - be a real blow if we can't keep him - i don't know either way but if i had to guess, i'd say he'll stay. Be a massive indicator of what we can expect from the ESI regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:
    Talal said:
    Doesn’t really make a difference to us if he isn’t playing and isn’t signing a new contract
    Well it does if he's out for say 6 weeks. Might be enough to put buyers off and then he plays the remainder of the season for us. 
  • Why all the negative comments
    Hes probably frustrated in himself that's hes not 100% fit
    But I thought I read before that the 1st thing the new owners wanted to do was give bowyer and Taylor new contracts so I will talk their word on it for now
    Well, this will be key then. If they are true to their word (and I can't see why they wont be) AND Bowyer signs a new contract promptly then no reason why Taylor wouldn't do the same.

If LB signs one next week & we hear nothing about Taylor doing likewise then that sends a big signal imo.
  • Lets be honest any top 6 club will want taylor and he wants a shot at the prem so will go if offer comes in. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    FA has hit the nail on the head, he is coming back from an injury and with a busy schedule its harder to recover let alone from a injury which laid him off for months. Personally I felt he did as much as he could the first half against Swansea, held up the ball when he got it, which was not a lot. People on here/ social media seem to have a vendetta, until he is leaves this is all just fabricated. Hopefully it hasn't set him back too much following last night and playing a bit recently (whilst still not over his injury), always 100% committed for me on the pitch against Derby and Swansea I haven't seen anything.
    Just imagine how controlling and spiteful some people are towards their partners when they act like this over footballers. 

Crazy isn't it, people go way overboard even for the ones who have done so well for us. Fickle supporters? Just read a tweet and someone is saying how Gallagher has dipped, I really should just ignore them sometimes as they obviously are short-sighted and don't have that much football knowledge IMO
    I think Gallaghers form has dipped but not surprising given the amount of games he’s played and the quality of players around him having dropped 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    FA has hit the nail on the head, he is coming back from an injury and with a busy schedule its harder to recover let alone from a injury which laid him off for months. Personally I felt he did as much as he could the first half against Swansea, held up the ball when he got it, which was not a lot. People on here/ social media seem to have a vendetta, until he is leaves this is all just fabricated. Hopefully it hasn't set him back too much following last night and playing a bit recently (whilst still not over his injury), always 100% committed for me on the pitch against Derby and Swansea I haven't seen anything.
    Just imagine how controlling and spiteful some people are towards their partners when they act like this over footballers. 

Crazy isn't it, people go way overboard even for the ones who have done so well for us. Fickle supporters? Just read a tweet and someone is saying how Gallagher has dipped, I really should just ignore them sometimes as they obviously are short-sighted and don't have that much football knowledge IMO
    I think Gallaghers form has dipped but not surprising given the amount of games he’s played and the quality of players around him having dropped 
    And he must be carrying injuries with all the punishment he has received lately
  • Personally I thought he was heading for a booking/sending off with his play given the general tone of the game anyway. He is at times just too hands on with the opposition and he seemed to be a little too obvious for me in the Swansea game as he gets back to full match speed. 
  • Brentford have just paid for another forward so not sure they will need Taylor 
  • Sponsored links:

• They agreed that transfer in August and were chasing Taylor up to the last minute, dunno why he's only just joined up
  • They agreed that transfer in August and were chasing Taylor up to the last minute, dunno why he's only just joined up
    Signed after the deadline so unable to play until 1January.
  • I'm sure Lyle's a lovely guy but he has been injured for almost the entire season, comes back for a couple of games and goes off injured again.

I'm not sure we could sell him now if we wanted to.
    Agreed. Clubs will wait to the end of the season.
  • Remember Bradley Wright Wright Wright? Shades of that.
  • If he does go can't see it being Brentford, their current 2 strikers have got 27 between them so he would arguably be third choice plus they just got another striker yesterday,  I think his new injury means no one will come in for him and he will stay till the end of the season, will be offered a new deal and once it becomes clear what ESI'S ambitions are for next season will determine if Lyle signs.
  • If he does go can't see it being Brentford, their current 2 strikers have got 27 between them so he would arguably be third choice plus they just got another striker yesterday,  I think his new injury means no one will come in for him and he will stay till the end of the season, will be offered a new deal and once it becomes clear what ESI'S ambitions are for next season will determine if Lyle signs.
    I think by the end of this season he will go to L1 or retire.
  • edited January 2020
    If he does go can't see it being Brentford, their current 2 strikers have got 27 between them so he would arguably be third choice plus they just got another striker yesterday,  I think his new injury means no one will come in for him and he will stay till the end of the season, will be offered a new deal and once it becomes clear what ESI'S ambitions are for next season will determine if Lyle signs.
    Don’t be stupid. 
    OK I'll try not to be. Why do you think an out of contract 30 yr old with a bad injury record and only a couple months championship experience will be seen as a good deal by anyone above L1?
    Don’t be stupid. 
    OK I'll try not to be. Why do you think an out of contract 34 yr old with a bad injury record with be seen as a good deal by anyone above L1?
    As our former esteemed owner Roland used to say... Huh?