Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• End of the day you cant have one player on 30k a week and everyone else on 6k 
  • Unfortunately this is just what both sides need to do in the circumstances. What benefit does Lyle have in signing a contract now? If he does not sign, he gets a bigger offer in the Summer as a free agent, either from us or elsewhere, or both. ESI cannot let that happen, so they should try to sell him now.

The situation is not at all similar to Yann, who was on a contract, did not want to leave, and, frankly, iI believe ESI will spend any money received it a target that Bowyer choses.

This is about Lyle getting to the Prem, so even if we match an offer from a Leeds or Brentford, then he is going to leave.
  • Oh well, at least we got Hemed back now.
  • So , the wave after the game on Boxing Day , really was goodbye.
  • Sponsored links:

• So we have new owners yet still the bad news keeps pouring in. I despair!
  • No player is bigger than the club.

If he's not interested in signing a new deal that's his choice. We can't exactly moan about it or hate him for it, as we signed him after he did exactly the same to Wimbledon.

Thanks Lyle. Cheerio.
  • Posted this on the other thread.......

Said after the Swansea game that he wasjt injured. Did sod all during that first 45 mins & then is replaced due to a "thigh injury". Now unavailable for the next 2-3 weeks so "cant" play for us. You can bet your bottom dollar he will be fit though for whoever he signs for....(but then who is going to sign a player who is currently injured & struggled to play 90 mins when he was back from his recent injury.......perhaps a club who knows it's all baloney).

God job Lyle's off twitter atm. Expect to see that turned back on again once he's left.

Do you honestly believe we would substitute our only fit striker when we are in the middle of an injury crisis and a relegation battle? 

What are you going to post next, the queens a lizard? Paul Mccarthy died in a car crash in the 60’s and was replaced by a look a like? 
    Yes, I do honestly believe we would. Because players now have all the power. Taylor has form for running down his contract & by all accounts was pretty pissed off when he wasnt given his "dream move" to Brentford in the summer.

Now, I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I do believe that things are made up or "spun" to get an outcome that a player or club may want.

As said previous his original injury seemed a bit off & then his return got delayed by 3 weeks (missing the Millwall fixture) and once back could only play 45 mins at most. I give that he played all 90 mins against QPR & Bristol City (which was his last home match & was seen "waving goodbye" by a number of fans) but then came on during the 2nd half against a 10 man Derby & the lacklustre 45 mins against Swansea.

I would dearly love to be proved wrong.....but don't be surprised to see him in the starting line up in a couple weeks for his new club without a care in the world (and no injury)
  • Agree with others who say that if he's not interested in staying, let him leave.

Been a very good player for the club. Cannot blame him for trying to play at a higher level as he nears 30. We'd all do the same.
  • Taylor rejects offer = Greedy

Taylor accepts offer = ESI really moving us forwards towards the PL

• He will join Aribo at Rangers 
  • Said it a while back, no player is bigger than the club. Let him go.

when he was out for all that time we actually did ok, get a few players in and no doubt we can cope without him 
  • A statement of intent by the new owners,they will not be messed about. no doubt Taylor would have loved the option of signing the new deal if he fails to get any better offers,that option is now removed.I personally think that he will struggle to match the alleged deal we have offered due to his recent injury problems and his age,still his agent knows best.Fully support the new owners on this.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    shine166 said:
    End of the day you cant have one player on 30k a week and everyone else on 6k 
    You pay people their worth. We're half the side without him in the team. 

Want his money?  Then start contributing what he does when fit.

Selling a prolific and proven goalscorer (and everything else he brings) without a cast iron replacement is not good. 

Kermorgant sale mk2.

We're not man United or Barcelona who can tell star players to jog on if they ask for too much as they'll be world class players ready to fill their boots. Decent proven goalscorers looking to join a club in our position are rare as hens' teeth and no guarantee they'll click if at Charlton even if they've done the business elsewhere.

Will be bad business if he goes. Pay him what he is worth and keep him happy and when fully fit he'll be banging them in again and moving us up the table.

If you want to be competitive at this level you need to spend substantially on key players as quality is one of the key requirements to progress and retain and attract players who will facilitate that progression. 

No mystery that in general the better spending teams generally perform better in the leagues. No escaping that reality as unromantic as it is.

Oh and anyone not a 15 year old girl who pays any mind to what footballers or others say on twitter needs to have a long hard look at themselves:-)
    In a ideal world yes, but that's not really how the real world works. Someone like rangers offer Sunday league football and champions league games for silly money.. you cant compete with that. 
  • I can only hope that the owners, LB and SG have something decent up their sleeve now.

big call to withdraw the offer otherwise
  • edited January 2020
    Surely we'll be bringing in two strikers now then. And one of them is going to have to be a biggun to replace our top scorer.
  • The 'strange' thing Bowyer was talking about?
  • Without any detail, this area is surely Southall's forte.
  • Great. Looking forward to telling my volatile 8 year old that another one of his heroes is buggering off 😠🤯🤬
    Yeh ive got a 9yr old and it crossed my mind he would be gutted. Lets wait and see some more facts 1st tho. Nothing really come out yet
  • Taylor had potential to go in the same category as Yann, Bent, Mendonca.  But not after only one season, few years from now he will be forgotten about, let’s move on see where it takes us.