Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Is English your second or third language Elfsborg? "That crack was worthy of a promote". !!!!!

Too used to selling himself in the streets to earn a little extra coin. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Another player wanted to sign for us on loan for a small wage but we offered lower. Hes now going league 1. From what i'm hearing we are not spending money. Hope i'm wrong but doubt it.
     Does go against Southall saying they came in with this transfer window in mind and if the previous owner had still been in place we wouldn't have seen the investment ESI are willing to put in?

Time, and especially Bowyer,will tell I suppose.

He doesn't do poker faces. If they're not putting the money up i'd expect him to make it known pretty quickly.
  • Redhenry said:
    Another player wanted to sign for us on loan for a small wage but we offered lower. Hes now going league 1. From what i'm hearing we are not spending money. Hope i'm wrong but doubt it.
    Woulda failed the height test anyway...😁
  • I love Taylor, would love him to stay til the end of the his career, but if wants to leave (as he's done for every club he's been part of) then I can't argue, and wish him well

How many of us would change jobs for £10-20k more A YEAR, never alone a week?
  • edited January 2020
    Redhenry said:
    I heard the same yesterday, Marcus Browne. Although it has been reported we are not after him so I thought the info was inaccurate. 
  • Been said 100 times already but you don’t enter the game bragging about your warchest of funds.  And what with Southall being a former agent, he would know this.
    Well let's hope the management and owners get it right then.
    We could be taking a very big gamble.
  • clb74 said:
    Been said 100 times already but you don’t enter the game bragging about your warchest of funds.  And what with Southall being a former agent, he would know this.
    Exactly my point, and I don’t see Taylor as the type to want to sit on the bench regardless of pay.
  • clb74 said:
    Been said 100 times already but you don’t enter the game bragging about your warchest of funds.  And what with Southall being a former agent, he would know this.
    Exactly my point, and I don’t see Taylor as the type to want to sit on the bench regardless of pay.
    I dont think we can afford to be messing about though.

• Sponsored links:

• I have seen Rangers mentioned loads on here but that would be a strange one for me. They have morelos who is an absolute goal machine 28 in 35 this year in all competitions. Lyle is nowhere near his level. I can't see much of a market for him at present.
  • cs1986 said:
    I have seen Rangers mentioned loads on here but that would be a strange one for me. They have morelos who is an absolute goal machine 28 in 35 this year in all competitions. Lyle is nowhere near his level. I can't see much of a market for him at present.

Rumoured to be off to the prem
  • cs1986 said:
    I have seen Rangers mentioned loads on here but that would be a strange one for me. They have morelos who is an absolute goal machine 28 in 35 this year in all competitions. Lyle is nowhere near his level. I can't see much of a market for him at present.
    Good chance Morelos will go in the summer. I know its not like for like but Taylor would do well in the SPL and to be fair, would probably enjoy the fiery old firm!
  • CAFCsayer said:
    cs1986 said:

Rumoured to be off to the prem
    Yeah saw Newcastle are after him but can't see it happening.
  • cs1986 said:
    Couldn't disagree more. Not been impressed whenever I've watched Morelos and despite his goals, he sometimes looks like a liability.
    I have no doubt that Lyle would score bundles if leading the Rangers front line (not that I'd like him to leave).

• cs1986 said:
    Couldn't disagree more. Not been impressed whenever I've watched Morelos and despite his goals, he sometimes looks like a liability.
    I have no doubt that Lyle would score bundles if leading the Rangers front line (not that I'd like him to leave).

Tend to agree, admittedly I've not seen much of Morelos but whenever I have I've not been massively impressed. Taylor would get between 20-30 in the SPL + a good number of assists like he did for us last year. 
  • if in this league i would think about Leeds. they only have one striker at the moment so must be desperate to bring someone in to lead the line. 
  • edited January 2020
    Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:

Is it possible they’re playing things down and want to give the impression we aren’t increasing the budget a great deal?

We’ll have some idea if/when we sign players permanently.

Matt Southall talked about 0s being added and us now being able to sign Green, who we couldn’t afford in the summer.
    He said people are adding 00's because of who they think is involved in backing us. I think that statement had everything to do with what other clubs think, and nothing to do with anything else. 

People seem dying to hang on to this idea that we really do have money, and it seems clear as day that we either don't, or aren't spending it. 
  • At our last home game I heard Lyle was offered less money than Roland offered but the difference was he was only offered one year by Dutchalet compared to two and a half years by our new owners 
  • If he goes Rangers it will be in the summer for free (unless we are willing to accept £250-£500k).

Despite the size of the club, Rangers don’t have money to throw around and will not waste it on a player they can get for free in the summer, they will also want to get someone out the door first to free up wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    cs1986 said:

Tend to agree, admittedly I've not seen much of Morelos but whenever I have I've not been massively impressed. Taylor would get between 20-30 in the SPL + a good number of assists like he did for us last year. 
    He got 20ish in league 1 last year no way he gets 30 in SPL. How good was our midfield last year.
  • cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:

He got 20ish in league 1 last year no way he gets 30 in SPL. How good was our midfield last year.
    Yeah I said between 20-30, not that he would get 30. He got 21 for us, no reason he couldn't do that for Rangers. 
  • Redhenry said:
    I heard the same yesterday, Marcus Browne. Although it has been reported we are not after him so I thought the info was inaccurate. 
    Wasn't him
  • Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:

Is it possible they’re playing things down and want to give the impression we aren’t increasing the budget a great deal?

We’ll have some idea if/when we sign players permanently.

Matt Southall talked about 0s being added and us now being able to sign Green, who we couldn’t afford in the summer.
    He said people are adding 00's because of who they think is involved in backing us. I think that statement had everything to do with what other clubs think, and nothing to do with anything else. 

People seem dying to hang on to this idea that we really do have money, and it seems clear as day that we either don't, or aren't spending it. 
    I’m not one of those convinced the Sheikh is involved and we’re going to spend millions on big name signings, but it looks like we’re trying to make permanent signings and those are unlikely to cost nothing. We want to bring them in as cheaply as possible, even more so if the budget for fees is fairly minimal.
  • I love Taylor, would love him to stay til the end of the his career, but if wants to leave (as he's done for every club he's been part of) then I can't argue, and wish him well

How many of us would change jobs for £10-20k more A YEAR, never alone a week?
    @golfaddick wouldn't.