Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    Another player wanted to sign for us on loan for a small wage but we offered lower. Hes now going league 1. From what i'm hearing we are not spending money. Hope i'm wrong but doubt it.
    I heard the same yesterday, Marcus Browne. Although it has been reported we are not after him so I thought the info was inaccurate. 
    I think we're deliberately putting out low bids and offers as a way of throwing off clubs as to what we actually have to spend.

We'll pay for the right players that we want, and if we don't we will be relegated... 
  • cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    I have seen Rangers mentioned loads on here but that would be a strange one for me. They have morelos who is an absolute goal machine 28 in 35 this year in all competitions. Lyle is nowhere near his level. I can't see much of a market for him at present.
    Couldn't disagree more. Not been impressed whenever I've watched Morelos and despite his goals, he sometimes looks like a liability.
    I have no doubt that Lyle would score bundles if leading the Rangers front line (not that I'd like him to leave).

Tend to agree, admittedly I've not seen much of Morelos but whenever I have I've not been massively impressed. Taylor would get between 20-30 in the SPL + a good number of assists like he did for us last year. 
    He got 20ish in league 1 last year no way he gets 30 in SPL. How good was our midfield last year.
    You're absolutely right, with our midfield in the SPL too he'd have got 50.
  • FFS offer Lyle a bit more and get him signed up he is our main hope of keeping in championship,if these new owners mean business lyle along with the manager and staff should of been signed up by now,this was a priority for me,Im disappointed this hasnt happened
  • I was just watching the video sky bet did of "Bowyer's Revolution."

In it LB talks about how Lyle Taylor was the most important player for the squad, and for him the best striker in the league. 
  • FFS offer Lyle a bit more and get him signed up he is our main hope of keeping in championship,if these new owners mean business lyle along with the manager and staff should of been signed up by now,this was a priority for me,Im disappointed this hasnt happened
    It seems to be that he's being offered a huge up front signing fee coupled with a modest championship striker salary plus bonuses (if you blend all rumours) 

I'd say it now sounds like our Lyle's head is turned.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    FFS offer Lyle a bit more and get him signed up he is our main hope of keeping in championship,if these new owners mean business lyle along with the manager and staff should of been signed up by now,this was a priority for me,Im disappointed this hasnt happened
    It seems to be that he's being offered a huge up front signing fee coupled with a modest championship striker salary plus bonuses (if you blend all rumours) 

I'd say it now sounds like our Lyle's head is turned.
    You are absolutely right . I don’t think it matters what we offer / offered him he’s wanted out for a while . Personally I think the quicker we can off load him the better . I’m fed up of his neediness. 
  • I'm going to wait until the end of January.
    Weve been told by the owners that a couple of things have been put on hold so they can get efl approval to be in for January.
    So I dont believe in that case not much is going to happen in January.
    Theve withdrawn the offer to Taylor with no back up plan if he leaves in January,  I find it hard to believe.

I don’t think we can operate like that In the current situation.  If we offer Taylor a bit more and he turns that down, do we offer him a bit more again? Matt Southall spoke about sustainability. Not sure it’s prudent to keep making players offers when we know he has turned down a good offer already - the maximum we want to go to.
    In the grand scheme of things, we are currently a struggling Championship side with crowds of circa 17k. We could quite easily go down and have a 30 year old striker on 18k+ a week on our hands.  Sunderland did that and look where they are now. It’s taken them a couple of years to clear out players on mega contracts - this is a team that get gates of 40k. 
    Taylor is doing what he should be doing - trying to get as much money as he can at the back end of his career. Say we did give him what he wanted - then what? - Players knocking at the door asking for more money. The owners can’t be seen to be rolling over and having there belly tickled. 
    I want Taylor to stay - he’s our main goal scorer and talisman....So were Hales, Bent, Mendonca, Hunt, Kermorgant etc, etc. They moved on and we moved on. Taylor will move on and somebody else will come in and be the main man. 
    The offer made to Taylor is off the table now and I actually quite like the fact that Southall had the balls to withdraw the offer and not be held to ransom. 

What an excellent post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton wouldn't be in the Championship without Lyle Taylor.

Equally Lyle Taylor would unlikely be in the Championship without Lee Bowyer
    Pretty sure he'd have been the difference for Sunderland...
    I don’t think we can operate like that In the current situation.  If we offer Taylor a bit more and he turns that down, do we offer him a bit more again? Matt Southall spoke about sustainability. Not sure it’s prudent to keep making players offers when we know he has turned down a good offer already - the maximum we want to go to.
    In the grand scheme of things, we are currently a struggling Championship side with crowds of circa 17k. We could quite easily go down and have a 30 year old striker on 18k+ a week on our hands.  Sunderland did that and look where they are now. It’s taken them a couple of years to clear out players on mega contracts - this is a team that get gates of 40k. 
    Taylor is doing what he should be doing - trying to get as much money as he can at the back end of his career. Say we did give him what he wanted - then what? - Players knocking at the door asking for more money. The owners can’t be seen to be rolling over and having there belly tickled. 
    I want Taylor to stay - he’s our main goal scorer and talisman....So were Hales, Bent, Mendonca, Hunt, Kermorgant etc, etc. They moved on and we moved on. Taylor will move on and somebody else will come in and be the main man. 
    The offer made to Taylor is off the table now and I actually quite like the fact that Southall had the balls to withdraw the offer and not be held to ransom. 

fair points made but think offer should at least stay on table until replaced by our new  main man,in my opinion we wont be able to replace him,a player like Lyle was a long time coming and I will be gutted to see him go and I expect LB will be as well

fair points made but think offer should at least stay on table until replaced by our new  main man,in my opinion we wont be able to replace him,a player like Lyle was a long time coming and I will be gutted to see him go and I expect LB will be as well
    Totally get where you are coming from. Will certainly be a thought one to replace - always is when a team loses such an important player . But I am pretty sure the the board, Bowyer and Gallen will have identified a shortlist of replacements. They wouldn’t have withdrawn that offer lightly - just have to trust them....they know what they are doing.  We just have to hope that replacement hits the ground running. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    I have seen Rangers mentioned loads on here but that would be a strange one for me. They have morelos who is an absolute goal machine 28 in 35 this year in all competitions. Lyle is nowhere near his level. I can't see much of a market for him at present.
    Couldn't disagree more. Not been impressed whenever I've watched Morelos and despite his goals, he sometimes looks like a liability.
    I have no doubt that Lyle would score bundles if leading the Rangers front line (not that I'd like him to leave).

Tend to agree, admittedly I've not seen much of Morelos but whenever I have I've not been massively impressed. Taylor would get between 20-30 in the SPL + a good number of assists like he did for us last year. 
    He got 20ish in league 1 last year no way he gets 30 in SPL. How good was our midfield last year.
    Nice one. Scottish football is not that bad. League 1 is awful and Taylor not proven above it. Didnt exactlt set Scotland on fire previously did he.
  • I don’t think we need to argue with each other over whether or not Lyle is a good player - we know he is and shortly he will be for someone else. It is what it is, he wants to leave for more money than we can afford which is a shame as he’s a great player. I think we all wanted big, outlandish levels of money spent on our club but sadly it seems we may have simply levelled the playing field a bit. I’d much rather we signed up bowyer than Lyle if it was a choice. 
  • cs1986 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:

Nice one. Scottish football is not that bad. League 1 is awful and Taylor not proven above it. Didnt exactlt set Scotland on fire previously did he.

nope but he's found his way as a striker and I would expect him to at least match last season in that league.

The pony sides are proper pony. 

The good sides, well there's only 3-4.
  • edited January 2020
    Dont forget that Lyle has already played in Scotland

Played one season for Falkirk, played 34-games scored 24-goals in the First Division

Also went on loan to Partick Thistle twice, scored 10-games in 30-games

He'll know the standard up there already, and that was shit Lyle when he was @ Sheffield United and Scunthorpe

fair points made but think offer should at least stay on table until replaced by our new  main man
    You also have to take into consideration that our new chairman is a former football agent and he could be playing the game
  • CAFCsayer said:
    FFS offer Lyle a bit more and get him signed up he is our main hope of keeping in championship,if these new owners mean business lyle along with the manager and staff should of been signed up by now,this was a priority for me,Im disappointed this hasnt happened

fair points made but think offer should at least stay on table until replaced by our new  main man
    You also have to take into consideration that our new chairman is a former football agent and he could be playing the game
    If a premier club is interested it will be out of our range whatever as he will want to have played at the highest level, we will know that and so Can afford to look like we are playing hardball and take the offer from the table.
    Any club with a fear of going down would be interested in signing a player that could get them back up next season. How much they are prepared to pay for that is a different matter.
    As a former agent he will know the game inside out. He has not been transferred listed which to me means we want a decent fee.
    What would be interesting is if clubs are not willing to pay that fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
  • JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    Another player wanted to sign for us on loan for a small wage but we offered lower. Hes now going league 1. From what i'm hearing we are not spending money. Hope i'm wrong but doubt it.
    That's the most alarming post I've seen on here for some time. I'm in the unusual position of hoping that RH is wrong.
    Maybe it's a player that wasn't really first choice especially if they've just gone to league one

Really would not read into that 
  • cs1986 said:

'Preston North End have signed Celtic winger Scott Sinclair.'  Would be amusing if Lyle replaced him at Celtic.
  • ricky_otto said:i

Totally get where you are coming from. Will certainly be a thought one to replace - always is when a team loses such an important player . But I am pretty sure the the board, Bowyer and Gallen will have identified a shortlist of replacements. They wouldn’t have withdrawn that offer lightly - just have to trust them....they know what they are doing.  We just have to hope that replacement hits the ground running. 
    The final line is the problem Dicky.  If a replacement doesn't then people will say we'd have been better off giving him the wedge.
  • Don’t believe this is done yet. If the right offer comes in, he’ll be allowed to leave but my gut says the club will now hold out for a good offer, it won’t be a case of sell him regardless just to guarantee he doesn’t leave for nothing in the summer. If he’s still here in February then I think negotiations on a contract will reopen. I think it’d be foolish to burn that bridge because he’s a bloody good player and won’t be easy at all to replace. It also wouldn’t be the first time a player has agitated for a move, not got the right offer, and subsequently signed a new deal rather than move on.

If we do have a genuine shot at someone like Toney then maybe that will change, but I don’t see us splashing that kind of money around in January as it’s a tough time to get value for money. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    cs1986 said:

'Preston North End have signed Celtic winger Scott Sinclair.'  Would be amusing if Lyle replaced him at Celtic.
    Think he has been on the bench .most games,don't think Lyle would fancy taking that seat 
  • Who would seriously buy him now if he's a few months away from being a free agent?

He's nearly 30 and has a possible niggly injury.
    He'd be better off not signing a new contract with us. Get his head down. Put in some impressive performances and watch the big money offers roll in over the summer.

Pressures on him no doubt.

• Who would seriously buy him now if he's a few months away from being a free agent?

He'd be better off not signing a new contract with us. Get his head down. Put in some impressive performances and watch the big money offers roll in over the summer.

Agents for you

Also a risk if a good offer is on the table now. I do understand where you are coming from, but if he can get 20k a week and a decent signing on fee now, why risk a better offer in the summer?
  • CAFCsayer said:
    cs1986 said:

Rumoured to be off to the prem
    Whoever buys him will have to accept that they will be paying for him to spend some time in the stands - in 126 appearances he has been booked 39 times and sent off on 7 other occasions.

Against the only other decent side in Scotland, Celtic, he has failed to score a single goal in 11 appearances but has been booked on 4 occasions and sent off twice.