Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• I’ve herd bows and taylor had a big argument at half time at Swansea 
  • tony1234 said:
    I’ve herd bows and taylor had a big argument at half time at Swansea 
    Good
  • Sick of it now.  He's had months of being paid for fuck all after injury in a match for someone else.  Time for a bit of loyalty.  Great player but we have team and a club to think about.  Step up or sod off.
  • Sick of it now.  He's had months of being paid for fuck all after injury in a match for someone else.  Time for a bit of loyalty.  Great player but we have team and a club to think about.  Step up or sod off.

Loyalty in football is almost non existent.

Loyalty in football is almost non existent.
    Sadly. 

If I went off sick and was supported by my employer for 4 months I'd take that into account when talking about what I was worth...
  • Even if injury was a known risk of your employment?
  • If someone offered to pay me £1.5m rather than £500k and then £5k extra a week and my job was going to end in 2-4 years I’d be taking the money no matter how much I liked my current boss. 
    Absolutely.  What I wouldn't do is dick around trying to negotiate a few extra quid causing problems all round.  I'd thank the boss for the support and go or stay and do my job.
    If I injured myself working for someone else and was still supported through it, definitely....
  • Sponsored links:

• As a additional thought do we even know what the argument was about between Bowyer / Taylor if there was one?

Seeing that Lyle hadnt done anything wrong on the pitch (other than show a lack of full fitness, hence the thigh injury) how do any of us know the argument was because Lyle didnt want to come off in the first place?

We saw from Bonne that he wanted to continue, same with why the rules got changed with players being allowed to continue with concussion!!
  • Nothing to be with being a traitor. Stay or go.  I wish him well either way, but this bollocks is just a distraction.
  • I don’t think he’s playing games. He’s been given a contract offer and refused it. The club say it is still on the table, or words to that effect, and in the meantime he is our player. 
  • Nothing to be with being a traitor. Stay or go.  I wish him well either way, but this bollocks is just a distraction.
    What bollocks, someone has randomly said there was an argument between Bowyer / Lyle, it happened over a week and a half ago but this is the first we've heard of it

People seriously need to get a life and stop being so uptight about posts on social media or random rumours that get started
  • edited January 2020
    I don’t think he’s playing games. He’s been given a contract offer and refused it. The club say it is still on the table, or words to that effect, and in the meantime he is our player. 
    From the other aspect of loyalty you could argue that Lyle is simply wanting loyalty from the club for being an integral part of our promotion

He joined us when another club offered a better wage structure and signed with us on whatever promises / assurances Bowyer offered when they initially sat down together

He'll may think he deserves something more for believing in the club when no other players did

Just doesnt help that Brentford came in with a very tempting offer which has made everything a lot less simple than it should have been
    If I injured myself working for someone else and was still supported through it, definitely....
    He wasn't working for someone else though, he was representing his country, a top honour that the club would have been proud of, he was hardly moonlight.

If someone offered to pay me £1.5m rather than £500k and then £5k extra a week and my job was going to end in 2-4 years I’d be taking the money no matter how much I liked my current boss. 
    Absolutely.  What I wouldn't do is dick around trying to negotiate a few extra quid causing problems all round.  I'd thank the boss for the support and go or stay and do my job.
    By rejecting the contract offer isnt that exactly what he's done?

As things stand he's doing his job and will leave when his contract expires. There's been no reports of him demanding more money or refusing to play.
  • tony1234 said:
    100% didn't happen. 

• edited January 2020
    What bollocks, someone has randomly said there was an argument between Bowyer / Lyle, it happened over a week and a half ago but this is the first we've heard of it

People seriously need to get a life and stop being so uptight about posts on social media or random rumours that get started
    It's nothing to do with a reported argument between anyone.  Calm down.
    It's nothing to do with anything at all, you're losing it.
  • Sponsored links:

• If someone offered to pay me £1.5m rather than £500k and then £5k extra a week and my job was going to end in 2-4 years I’d be taking the money no matter how much I liked my current boss. 
    Who said he’s trying to negotiate? He has rejected the offer. What if he wants to go but we want to keep him until the summer? 

What would you do if you wanted to leave your job but your boss told you that you had to stay for a few months? 

My comment was nothing to do with that reported argument.  Calm down.
    Who said he’s trying to negotiate? He has rejected the offer. What if he wants to go but we want to keep him until the summer? 

What would you do if you wanted to leave your job but your boss told you that you had to stay for a few months? 
    I'd stay and do my job until my contract finished, exactly like Lyle will, he'll put in a lot more effort than I would too!
  • edited January 2020
    tony1234 said:
    100% didn't happen. 

In fact you should delete this comment, because whoever told you it is speaking total nonsense, and it just adds fuel to the fire to people who look for any reason to sound off on Taylor. 
    Distraction for who though? The player knows that if he doesn’t get a move / contract he wants them he will be free to go in the summer. Bowyer knows this too. Bowyer also happens to be in the same boat (although that will hopefully be sorted this weekend). 
    The only problem is fans getting their knickers in a twist. 

I'd stay and do my job until my contract finished, exactly like Lyle will, he'll put in a lot more effort than I would too!
    Not that easy, not everyone has contracts that expire. That was my point to the OP, Lyle can’t get up and leave like most employees.
  • edited January 2020
  • tony1234 said:
    100% didn't happen. 

Also, if it did whats the problem?
    everyones allowed to argue its healthy. 
    Im sure arguments happen all the time in pro football changing rooms
  • tony1234 said:
    100% didn't happen. 

It fucking did! Somebody said a friend of a friends friend posted it on twitter so it must be true.