Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colombia v England - Tues 3rd July 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

No way do one of the top 6 not buy Maguire, he’s everything you need from the modern day CB (even if he doesn’t look like it)

I was surprised that none of the big 6 went for him when Hull went down
  • Options

didn't Ibrahimovic score an absolute screamer when we should have beaten them last time out?

Yeah thats the only time they've beaten us of late, yet Joe Cole did similar the last time we played them at the World Cup (2006)
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

No way do one of the top 6 not buy Maguire, he’s everything you need from the modern day CB (even if he doesn’t look like it)

I was surprised that none of the big 6 went for him when Hull went down
    Well he did go to the then Prem Champions
  • Options
    Prices of flights to Moscow on July 15th have just jumped hugely. Something going on that day?
  • Options
    Agree with Valley Gary above, Macguire simply awesome. Thought the England fans were outstanding as they have been in each game; even though outnumbered by Columbians they came through loud and proud. Have to laugh at the Russian TV crews though, as they don't like putting the cameras on the England fans. Quarterfinals was the best I expected and so I'm sort of treating this as a cup final. Reckon it will finish 0-0 and go to pens again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agree with Valley Gary above, Macguire simply awesome. Thought the England fans were outstanding as they have been in each game; even though outnumbered by Columbians they came through loud and proud. Have to laugh at the Russian TV crews though, as they don't like putting the cameras on the England fans. Quarterfinals was the best I expected and so I'm sort of treating this as a cup final. Reckon it will finish 0-0 and go to pens again

a) there weren't many of them
    b) none were dressed in exotic fancy dress or doing wild drumming/dancing
    c) none were "fit birds", and instead were mainly middle aged men :smile:
  • Options

a) there weren't many of them
    b) none were dressed in exotic fancy dress or doing wild drumming/dancing
    c) none were "fit birds", and instead were mainly middle aged men :smile:
    and none were James Rodriguez!!
  • Options
    I thought I saw Baddiel in the Colombia crowd wearing a Valderama wig.
  • Options

It’s happening.

The dodgy refereeing decision? Check

England start brightly then start to run out of ideas? Check

Player carrying an injury? Check

It will need a very un-England like performance to turn this around. And we have been waiting 22 years for that

You got your un-England like performance. And in a shootout too! Brilliant!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Incredible tension throughout extra time and penalties . Hold your head high Eric Dier .
  • Options

Just wow!

Never thought I’d see the day.

Big respect for that bunch of relatively young and inexperienced players at that level.

To deal with a dirty, niggly, cheating team like that, an away game atmosphere, plus deal with that sucker punch at the end of 90mins and have the mental strength to win a penalty shootout. Fair play. Really really like Southgate and everything about his approach and philosophy.

Now in a very awkward position on what to do as I have a semi and final ticket. Flight prices are only going on way and will go through the roof after Sat if we win. Big expensive gamble may be needed now! Got to beg work for possibly a week or more off. Decisions fucking decisions!!

Do it. It's only money!
  • Options

Can’t go to bed..

Legs gone? :wink:
  • Options
    Only just seen a proper replay and i know it didn't count for much as they scored immediately after but what a save from Pickford in the 92nd minute.