Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD calling for Charlton Athletic fans to boycott Valley if takeover deal is not done by August 4

Comments

• Options
    To be fair, the club appear to have given up with reminders about season tickets on sale. No e mails, no postcards, no World Cup wallcharts to remind us all that you can purchase said tickets over the last month. Maybe the budget has already been used up and data on their wifi has been restricted.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

CARD can do one as far as im concerned

Morning grumpy
  • Options

clb74 said:

Morning grumpy
    Im getting worse now ive hit 44
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

It’s a moot point anyway as the sale WILL go through before August 4th

I like your confidence.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

What a shock
  • Options

A completely pointless excercise now.

The scroat wants out. But no amount of boycotts, ball throwing or Belgian piss ups will make him sell any quicker.

That is abundantly clear.

Is it really......you seem very certain of that, not saying you’re wrong but really, you can’t be certain either.
    Certain of what?
    That he will sell any quicker.......and by the way, your calling the Belgian protests a ‘piss up’ is insulting to those who went out there......it kind of says where you’re coming from over those protests.
    Look. Fair play to those that went out to Belgium. I've protested. Boycotted too. I suppose you could say I'm joining the boycott because I really have no interest in attending and can't say I'll be rushing back even after he's gone.
    And that is what he's done. He's slowly destroyed this club . So much so that I really don't feel like coming back.

If you want to do something just so you feel like you're making a difference ,and doing something is better than nothing then crack on. But I'm not getting involved no more. Good it's done

As I said. I've done my bit. And look where it's got us.

Hope he Fu**s off soon. We sure as shit ain't gonna force him out.
    Fair enough Carly.....each to their own.
    Let’s not forget that CARD are only ‘suggesting’ these forms of action, no one is digging out those that don’t wish to follow their requests.
    However, I and others will dig out those that choose to do nothing and at the same time criticise those that do.
    Oh and Carly by the way......don’t you dare join the ranks of the apologists......I and others on here would think better of you than that!
    Sorry to say he may not be the only one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

Dont give s fuck about Roland.

I support Charlton and will be there with my season ticket, my mate and my 6 year old son.

Same, but without a kid LOL

You can have mine :wink:
    He is 3
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Morning grumpy
    Im getting worse now ive hit 44
    You’re older than that Colin !
  • Options

Sadly boycotts won’t work . Sure the attendances will be incredibly low but sadly people will always buy season tickets regardless of who owns the club .
    I’m so disillusioned that I haven’t even bothered looking at the fixtures yet and even worse I have the feeling these Australians could be just as bad if they ever get their act together and takeover. Alarm bells are ringing .
    It’s non league football for me mainly this season.

Crickey, we haven’t sunk that low yet have we?

• Options
    I can’t undetstand why people are getting on cards backs?

If they do or say nothing , people moan card haven’t done anything and when they do say something people moan!

I think Card are more on the fans side than that daft appeth in Belgium, cut them some slack!!
  • Options
    At the Q&A didn’t Roland’s mate say that the delay was with the Aussies not having sorted all the paperwork? Hurry up and get it in ffs! A boycott will make no difference, if it’s a problem at the buyers end.
  • Options
    Not quite sure what a boycott achieves.

Anyone who is still attending games after the absolute dross in recent years will likely still do so. A message from CARD isn't going to change their minds now after 4 years.

And in any case weren't we told only last week that the hold up is with the Aussies and paperwork to the EFL? How is boycott going to make RD sell any quicker?
  • Options

The scroat wants out. But no amount of boycotts, ball throwing or Belgian piss ups will make him sell any quicker.

Is it really......you seem very certain of that, not saying you’re wrong but really, you can’t be certain either.
    Certain of what?
    That he will sell any quicker.......and by the way, your calling the Belgian protests a ‘piss up’ is insulting to those who went out there......it kind of says where you’re coming from over those protests.
    Look. Fair play to those that went out to Belgium. I've protested. Boycotted too. I suppose you could say I'm joining the boycott because I really have no interest in attending and can't say I'll be rushing back even after he's gone.
    And that is what he's done. He's slowly destroyed this club . So much so that I really don't feel like coming back.

If you want to do something just so you feel like you're making a difference ,and doing something is better than nothing then crack on. But I'm not getting involved no more. Good it's done

Let’s not forget that CARD are only ‘suggesting’ these forms of action, no one is digging out those that don’t wish to follow their requests.
    However, I and others will dig out those that choose to do nothing and at the same time criticise those that do.
    So are you and others digging out boycotters because they are not doing anything, or are you digging out those that go to matches, or digging out both lots if they dig someone else out, or just one group that dig someone out?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I don't think it matters whose fault the delay is - many of us don't want to put a penny more in Roland's pockets. I think those not boycotting are out of order digging out people who decide they have to. In the same way those boycotting, digging out those that feel they should go. It is about people doing what they feel is right either way and respect for fellow Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Attendances will be down anyway without even calling for a boycott.
    I suppose CARD will be able to say that the reduced crowd sizes is in someway connected with their call for a boycott but I think the truth is people will just not go.
    I used to love this time of year, full of optimism for the coming season but I cant see where the next good Charlton day is coming from. I cant be the only one feeling like this.
    This club will take some rebuilding after the present owner and former director leave our club.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Certain of what?

So are you and others digging out boycotters because they are not doing anything, or are you digging out those that go to matches, or digging out both lots if they dig someone else out, or just one group that dig someone out?
    Just to clarify.......if some folk don’t wish to be pro active then that’s up to them......I can begrudgingly accept that and take it on the chin.
    What I can’t stomach are those that do nothing and yet still find the time to slag off and demean those that do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018

I assume one or more of the more level headed members of CARD have left, or have been outnumbered by the more militant.

In reality this call to boycott has little consequence, as others have already said.
    If you've not decided whether you wish to support the team after 4 years, you never will.
    If you want to support the team you will and if you don't you won't. This will change very little, other than maybe a few hundred who are unable to make a decision for themselves.

If CARD know for certain that it is RD delaying the sale, then please supply the evidence, because that would put a different slant on matters.

As it stands we are led to believe the delay is with the Aussies needing to submit further documentation to the EFL.
    I am not criticising the Aussies.

If this is designed to get RD or Murray to make a further statement, then that's fine with me, but of course whenever a club statement is made it is dismissed as lies / not the whole truth.

I have no strong views on CARD's statement either way, so let's see if it helps to move the sale forward or not.

It will be interesting to see Rick boycotting I have to say.

We are all Charlton, so I just hope this doesn't divide the fan base further, as opposed to bringing it together.

The boycott was the subject of detailed discussion among about a dozen or so different people over many weeks. The only people who dissented from it were CAST, because some of their board members have bought season tickets.

My view is that it is the right policy but it was never going to be something that commanded overwhelming support or be particularly effective so I have argued against making the statement, but it’s the clear view of the vast majority involved.
  • Options

I support Card all the way but with the best part of 5k season tickets already sold I can't see much of a boycott other than those that will boycott regardless.

The same, this will be my third season of boycotting & will as long as the belgian remains but I can't see 1 person who has bought a S/T boycotting because CARD has called it. I'm sure CARD are well aware of this, maybe it's more a PR thing for the media than anything else. Will always make my own mind up but support CARD all the way.
  • Options

Attendances will be down anyway without even calling for a boycott.
    I suppose CARD will be able to say that the reduced crowd sizes is in someway connected with their call for a boycott but I think the truth is people will just not go.
    I used to love this time of year, full of optimism for the coming season but I cant see where the next good Charlton day is coming from. I cant be the only one feeling like this.
    This club will take some rebuilding after the present owner and former director leave our club.

Yes it will, but if the fans truly love Charlton and their personal circumstances allow them to return, then it is within all of our capabilities to make the club strong again.

If the takeover proceeds then it is down to the fans to return and for all of us to rebuild the club.
  • Options
    People will do what they feel is right. I have no problem with CARD calling for a boycott, even though I feel it won't make much of a difference. Those that want to stay away will, and those that can't bring themselves to boycott will continue to go. There's no right or wrong, we each love the club equally and want the best for it and will decide what we think is best on an individual level.

I appreciate some people might be fed up with CARD, or don't care for them or think it's more about individual agendas, but the focus of our discontent is and always should be old dickhead RD. I would hope that we just respect everyone's individual choices and don't turn on one another. it's not worth it
  • Options

I assume one or more of the more level headed members of CARD have left, or have been outnumbered by the more militant.

In reality this call to boycott has little consequence, as others have already said.
    If you've not decided whether you wish to support the team after 4 years, you never will.
    If you want to support the team you will and if you don't you won't. This will change very little, other than maybe a few hundred who are unable to make a decision for themselves.

If CARD know for certain that it is RD delaying the sale, then please supply the evidence, because that would put a different slant on matters.

As it stands we are led to believe the delay is with the Aussies needing to submit further documentation to the EFL.

If this is designed to get RD or Murray to make a further statement, then that's fine with me, but of course whenever a club statement is made it is dismissed as lies / not the whole truth.

I have no strong views on CARD's statement either way, so let's see if it helps to move the sale forward or not.

We are all Charlton, so I just hope this doesn't divide the fan base further, as opposed to bringing it together.

The boycott was the subject of detailed discussion among about a dozen or so different people over many weeks. The only people who dissented from it were CAST, because some of their board members have bought season tickets.

My view is that it is the right policy but it was never going to be something that commanded overwhelming support or be particularly effective so I have argued against making the statement, but it’s the clear view of the vast majority involved.
    Thanks, for a bit of clarification.
  • Options

Does this mean that you will no longer be going to home games?
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

At the Q&A didn’t Roland’s mate say that the delay was with the Aussies not having sorted all the paperwork? Hurry up and get it in ffs! A boycott will make no difference, if it’s a problem at the buyers end.

Roland's mate said. O that's alright then. Roland is doing everything he can to ensure the club is sold is he?
    Didn't he also say there had been several other interested parties? then put off by either the stupid price asked for or by Roland's stupid antics.