Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options
    No surprise there then...
  • Options

Hmmm

Everything negative about the club is always spin, fake etc according to Sue.
  • Options

Hmmm

Be careful when walking sue that nose is starting to get very big and very brown
  • Options

Hmmm

Didn't think it'd be long before that dopey piece of knats piss to put her oar in.
  • Options

Hmmm

Does that woman ever stop behaving as an apologist for everything Duchatalet does?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    strike time surely? It would cost roland a fortune to hire temporary staff for a match day or pay a fine for unfulfilled fixture. Anything that hits this in his pocket is worth it.
  • Options

Is there any money left in the CARD fund to.pay some of the bonuses to the staff?

Think of the way the press would react to this !

Great coverage for sure with the fans that have long fought to escape from the owner's shackles, now being seen to effectively pay the football club's staff !

How would our billionaire Belgian slither his way out of that embarrassment ?
    This would delight Duchatelet no end.

First the water, then the bonuses, he'd be delighted somebody else paying the bills.
  • Options
    can tell that statement has been played around a fair bit. Lots of mixes of 'I's and 'we's in there. the thanking staff bit clearly being an add on
  • Options

can tell that statement has been played around a fair bit. Lots of mixes of 'I's and 'we's in there. the thanking staff bit clearly being an add on

lots of {...} more like!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yet more proof of the utter cluelessness of the fetid old fistula.
    'Incentivised bonus' - there's the smoking gun.
    That can absolutely be relied on by the employees. It doesn't have to be written down in a contract to be contractually obligatory.
    Any historic incentivised bonus can't be unilaterally withdrawn. All things are negotiable of course.
    If a target was achieved then the corresponding bonus is set in stone unless and until the employees agree otherwise, which would require due, informed consultation. If the nightMeire committerd roly to something without his knowledge or consent he's still bound by it, however expensive.
    The employer would not be obliged to repeat the offer of a future bonus for future performance. If this is the source of the grievance, the situation is entirely different.
    For the record - making the staff pay for his own ludicrous mismanagement is despicable.
  • Options

Hmmm

I fucking hate this woman
  • Options
    edited August 2018

cafcbrown said:

According to Google translate

Duchâtelet once again under fire: "Staff members threaten Charlton with legal action after they did not receive a ten percent bonus"
    Charlton Athletic FC owner Roland Duchâtelet is under fire only once. Daily Mail, for example, knows that the flamboyant businessman had promised the members of the technical staff a bonus of ten percent, but that they could now whistle to it. It is therefore being considered to take legal action against our compatriot.

The British tabloid writes that Duchâtelet promised the staff members that bonus had been achieved if certain objectives were met. They also worked around the clock to get everything done and in the end they succeeded. Whether they then received their premium? No, because our compatriot did not like the promise, so there is a threat of mutiny at the English tradition club. Even legal steps are being considered, as the newspaper writes.

Duchâtelet took over Charlton Athletic four years ago and since then it has always been something. For example, the 'Addicks' would lose some ten million pounds a year and the measures that Duchâtelet took to keep a finger on the flick were not unfortunate. For example, Daily Mail states that those who leave the club are not replaced and that youth players were not even given free water

Our compatriot did well a month ago with a deal with an Australian investment group about the takeover of the club, but that agreement drags on. The Limburg entrepreneur had put the British thirdclass in the shop window last year. With the sale, Duchâtelet would further reduce its portfolio of football clubs. Earlier, he already got rid of Standard Liège and STVV. He would only remain the owner of the Spanish second division team Alcorcon and the German third division Carl Zeiss Jena.
    Sorry to go off topic but it has long been my view that Belgium is the most boring country in the world. This description of RD I think rubber stamps it.
    Huh
  • Options

cafcbrown said:

According to Google translate

Duchâtelet once again under fire: "Staff members threaten Charlton with legal action after they did not receive a ten percent bonus"
    Charlton Athletic FC owner Roland Duchâtelet is under fire only once. Daily Mail, for example, knows that the flamboyant businessman had promised the members of the technical staff a bonus of ten percent, but that they could now whistle to it. It is therefore being considered to take legal action against our compatriot.

The British tabloid writes that Duchâtelet promised the staff members that bonus had been achieved if certain objectives were met. They also worked around the clock to get everything done and in the end they succeeded. Whether they then received their premium? No, because our compatriot did not like the promise, so there is a threat of mutiny at the English tradition club. Even legal steps are being considered, as the newspaper writes.

Duchâtelet took over Charlton Athletic four years ago and since then it has always been something. For example, the 'Addicks' would lose some ten million pounds a year and the measures that Duchâtelet took to keep a finger on the flick were not unfortunate. For example, Daily Mail states that those who leave the club are not replaced and that youth players were not even given free water

Our compatriot did well a month ago with a deal with an Australian investment group about the takeover of the club, but that agreement drags on. The Limburg entrepreneur had put the British thirdclass in the shop window last year. With the sale, Duchâtelet would further reduce its portfolio of football clubs. Earlier, he already got rid of Standard Liège and STVV. He would only remain the owner of the Spanish second division team Alcorcon and the German third division Carl Zeiss Jena.
    Sorry to go off topic but it has long been my view that Belgium is the most boring country in the world. This description of RD I think rubber stamps it.
    Huh
    Is that you Roland?! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    There is a valid point made here that if this does go to a strike, i hope they give enough notice so tat the Fleetwood fans don't have to make a wasted trip south (that doesn't take into account the advance train tickets paid).
    Still I expect the fans will all do theri utmost to help the club by volunteering to keep things running on saturday?
  • Options

There is a valid point made here that if this does go to a strike, i hope they give enough notice so tat the Fleetwood fans don't have to make a wasted trip south (that doesn't take into account the advance train tickets paid).
    Still I expect the fans will all do theri utmost to help the club by volunteering to keep things running on saturday?

I don't know the legitimacy of calling for a strike now without a vote.
    But I would be certainly ringing in sick as late as possible.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

If they do decide to strike its got to be one out all out, no ifs no buts no maybes.

Call Vic Spanner
  • Options
    I have heard that there is a nasty 24 hour flu bug going round SE London that arrives late on Saturday, so you can only call in sick at around 1pm causing maximum disruption. Just saying.
  • Options
    The Bolton players were on strike early on in pre-season and refused to play a few friendly games because of unpaid bonuses to them. Maybe the team could threaten this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of all the managers in League One to be playing against on any day of action, you would think that Joey Barton may be among the more sympathetic to the cause - and his words of potential more interest to the media?
  • Options

Hmmm

Pray do tell what the real story is then, dear lady.

Otherwise we have to continue to draw our own conclusions.....
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Hmmm

sure you’re not the only one!
    Her claiming that there has been no talk amongst staff regarding this matter is quite clearly BS - not only was it in a way leaked onto here (details not quite correct) a few weeks ago , but why does she have the belief that she hears and has knowledge of every conversation that goes on inside and out of the valley!

I wonder if the line about ‘RD not sanctioning it’ is reference to her pal Katrien possible being the one who send the initial email regarding bonuses?

As soon as a takeover , by anyone, goes through SHE has to go and be told she is not welcome anywhere near charlton
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Hmmm

Absolute rubbish from Sue there. The idea that the staff haven't talked about it amongst themselves is laughable. And where does she think these stories are coming from? The statement will no-doubt highlight how wrong she is on this soon enough.
  • Options

But it might be worth it if it brings things to a head. Roland has failed in his experiment and is lashing out at all and sundry. The gloves should be truly off now between the staff/fans and Duchetalet.

Definitely worth it
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

J BLOCK said:

Hmmm

sure you’re not the only one!
    Her claiming that there has been no talk amongst staff regarding this matter is quite clearly BS - not only was it in a way leaked onto here (details not quite correct) a few weeks ago , but why does she have the belief that she hears and has knowledge of every conversation that goes on inside and out of the valley!

I wonder if the line about ‘RD not sanctioning it’ is reference to her pal Katrien possible being the one who send the initial email regarding bonuses?

As soon as a takeover , by anyone, goes through SHE has to go and be told she is not welcome anywhere near charlton
    She is just a supporter though, OK with a rather jaundiced view of things and a far as I know Mr Parkes is good at his job, although she does make things awkward for him.
    Just ignore her she is irrelevant.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Hmmm

Absolute rubbish from Sue there. The idea that the staff haven't talked about it amongst themselves is laughable. And where does she think these stories are coming from? The statement will no-doubt highlight how wrong she is on this soon enough.
    Maybe - just maybe - her husband knows her well enough not to tell her absolutely everything Charlton-related?