Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options
    N01R4M said:

I'm sure if Delaware North find they are running at a loss, they will soon give Roland earache!

It also would not surprise me if the contract gave RD a % of the profits.

You're probably right, not like RD to miss a money making scheme!
  • Options
    Not sure I agree with this. I'm all for setting up a fund to help out (although might that not possibly dissuade these guys from taking the action mentioned?) And I will contribute, but I'm not sure I donated to the protest fund for anything other than protest support. Happy to discuss.
  • Options
    Of course! And the publicity could be good. I guess I was reading this as perhaps helping compensate the affected club employees, but having re-read, I see the grand is to help with any possible legal case. I'm more comfortable with that.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    by staff do you include Burger Boy ?? why help that turd
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Would probably be a class action, so unavoidable, I'm sad to say.

Edit: although if your description fits, @Goonerhater , whose to say the toady isn't one who is an exception to the rule & has been rewarded? We'll probably never know!
  • Options
    @JamesSeed I presume GM is being kept informed of this, I mean taking over a club with additionally dented goodwill amoungst the staff must taint the value of the club as much as losing a player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In my opinion by the time the FF meet tomorrow night this will all be sorted.
  • Options

I hope so Large. But in less than 48 hours this latest Duchatelet debacle will have generated press, radio and television coverage in the U.K. and press coverage in Belgium. And the bond between staff and fans will have been reinforced, against the ownership, through our strong support for them.

No doubt it’s a Duchatelet own goal but it’s a great feeling to help slam the ball into the net :wink:
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I hope so Large. But in less than 48 hours this latest Duchatelet debacle will have generated press, radio and television coverage in the U.K. and press coverage in Belgium. And the bond between staff and fans will have been reinforced, against the ownership, through our strong support for them.

No doubt it’s a Duchatelet own goal but it’s a great feeling to help slam the ball into the net :wink:
    I agree and if it doesn’t get sorted I’m happy for the protest fund to help out with legal aid if necessary
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:

@JamesSeed I presume GM is being kept informed of this, I mean taking over a club with additionally dented goodwill amoungst the staff must taint the value of the club as much as losing a player

Yes.

Were they to take the club over there are several quick fixes that spring to mind.
  • Options
    No doubt that tosser Rubbershoes is on the PR case. Odious little c**t.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

I'm sure if Delaware North find they are running at a loss, they will soon give Roland earache!

It also would not surprise me if the contract gave RD a % of the profits.

DNC are losing money on the CAFC contract, I believe this is their final contracted year at the club, I doubt very much they will renew under the present contracted terms.
    Re the bonus scheme, if the figures quoted are correct at approximately £2,500 per employee @ 10% of their wages, then the actions of the club are utterly disgraceful, has anyone had an answer as to why this is happening from the senior member of the management team, whom I assume is the COO?
  • Options
    It is an issue for any prospective purchaser, as it won’t go away with Roland. They would be on the hook for any unpaid bonus.
  • Options

To be fair, Rubbershoes is an okay guy, he was in the Valley Cafe same time as me this afternoon and he was very polite and courteous to an old Peterboro fan who was giving him shit about not getting a bonus(without knowing who he was (he was wearing tie and blazer badge combo) or that he was probably typing up Roland’s bullshit reply on his phone whilst eating his greasy lunch)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I heard Eddie Stobart Van and Truck For Hire has called a staff meeting for tomorrow
    I wonder why.
  • Options
    Now we know why bonuses were not paid.

To piss us off Roland paid the ref to fuck us up and used the bonus money
  • Options

addick05 said:

Nug said:

When does his hotel open?

Guests will probably have to bring their own towels and toilet paper!
    You can book Hotel Stayen without a deposit and cancel later.
    It would be legally contractual to do so I believe.
    Rot do you think of that ?
    A bonus ?
    I think it would be a terrible shame to repeat book the hotel and then cancel only to leave a review of the hotel on tripadvisor which, incidentally, seems to be back to accepting reviews on the hotel... own up who put the one about a view of a decrepit old man dancing up!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Fumbluff said:

To be fair, Rubbershoes is an okay guy, he was in the Valley Cafe same time as me this afternoon and he was very polite and courteous to an old Peterboro fan who was giving him shit about not getting a bonus(without knowing who he was (he was wearing tie and blazer badge combo) or that he was probably typing up Roland’s bullshit reply on his phone whilst eating his greasy lunch)
    His standards are slipping, he's usually in Sainsburys cafe. I've spent a couple of hours in his company. While not a bad person he is a company man and that means Rolands man.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

If he's an "okay guy" he should fuck right off and work for someone reputable, not a prick like twoshits.
    Easy tiger, I’m sure he has bills to pay like the rest of us
    Hence like all of them, keep your CV updated and look for employment elsewhere
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

His standards are slipping, he's usually in Sainsburys cafe. I've spent a couple of hours in his company. While not a bad person he is a company man and that means Rolands man.
    It's the loss of that promised bonus thats kicking in all over the place. Wont be long before he's eating his lunch, homemade cheese sandwiches on a bench in Maryon Wilson Park in the rain. I cant wait for Cajones turning up for work on a push bike.
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:

I've thought about the "goodwill" element throughout this whole saga and think that in this specific industry, it is one of the most important aspects of buying a club but, personally have not heard it talked about much
  • Options
    The Aussies? Are they still a thing?
  • Options

Jon_CAFC_ said:

I've thought about the "goodwill" element throughout this whole saga and think that in this specific industry, it is one of the most important aspects of buying a club but, personally have not heard it talked about much
    Probably not heard about because Roland doesn’t do intangibles without a price tag and is exactly why he failed - saw the offer of support from fans as an attack and as if we were telling him what to do and fatially for any business alienated the hard working staff who out of loyalty for the club and wanting to do their job to the best of their ability have been taken advantage of and screwed over

There’s no coming back from that