Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Would love to know what Sea Parkes has to say about this. Her argument in supporting Duchatalet has always been 'he pays the bills and staff always get paid' seems that's now no longer the case.

Maybe I'll ask her.

Perhaps Mr Parkes is one of those who is owed money. She may have a different view now.
    Perhaps she has changed her views altogether if her vol au vents were part of the cuts!
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I reckon Roly has clearly asked for financial cuts to be made at any cost even if it does involve the staff themselves and for that you ask a crawly bum licker filthy pond life slime ball to carry out this filthy act, can anyone think of one .

Slightly off topic and not sure if it has been mentioned before but it was alleged to me at the weekend that following the stop go works at the training ground and serious problems with Foots Cray Rugby Club's car park, writs had been served on the club in the absence of remedial works. So sounds like it's far from plain sailing for a certain individual at the moment. :open_mouth:
  • Options

Missed It said:

I work for a company that cut everybody's bonus. It is shit, I can tell you and does wonders for staff morale. Unfortunately, the bonuses were non-contractual and the owner of our company just thinks how clever he is saving all that money and if we don't like it we can find another job. I work for a Roland Duchatalet-alike. He even had a scheme to buy a football club a few years ago. That club don't know how lucky they are that he didn't get his hands on them.

Needless to say, we're all still here but feeling fed up with the whole thing and contemplating alternative employment.

Unless the Charlton staff bonuses were agreed by contract I don't see that they have much recourse other than to moan about it, work to rule and show the old goat up in the press.

According to Jimmy Stone on Twitter, this affects every member of staff at The Valley and some at Sparrows Lane. It was part of a formal appraisal process and the detail is set out in an email to all staff.
    He can say what he likes in an email. Sadly, that doesn't make it contractual.

It does, if it ticks the boxes around offer, acceptance, consideration etc

• Options

Would love to know what Sea Parkes has to say about this. Her argument in supporting Duchatalet has always been 'he pays the bills and staff always get paid' seems that's now no longer the case.

Maybe I'll ask her.

Well said Canters
  • Options
    This really should be where the EFL step in. But they won't. Maybe CARD could apply some pressure there.

Has CAST heard back from the EFL yet?
  • Options

The most disappointing thing is I'm not surprised.

Would the bonuses go on to the debt at 3% interest? Surprised it's taken this long for Roland to do something clearly illegal, hopefully they'll bring back hanging in time for his guilty verdict.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I reckon Roly has clearly asked for financial cuts to be made at any cost even if it does involve the staff themselves and for that you ask a crawly bum licker filthy pond life slime ball to carry out this filthy act, can anyone think of one .

Slightly off topic and not sure if it has been mentioned before but it was alleged to me at the weekend that following the stop go works at the training ground and serious problems with Foots Cray Rugby Club's car park, writs had been served on the club in the absence of remedial works. So sounds like it's far from plain sailing for a certain individual at the moment. :open_mouth:
    Someone mentioned to me that Foots Cray Rugby Club are extremely unhappy with how they have been impacted / treated
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Next topic on talksport

Have i missed it?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

iamdan said:

Next topic on talksport

Have i missed it?
    No, should be next, just spoke about QPR.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On now
  • Options
    Just a thought EFL how does this fit in with Fit and Proper Person ?
  • Options
    Can you confirm you have indeed paid staff bonuses at Charlton. Can you agree that the targets have been met.

No reply.
  • Options
    All agreeing he has to pay. You cant run a club like that.

• Options
    Jim texted RD - "Can you confirm that bonus have been paid and targets have been hit" Heard nothing back yet.
  • Options
    Jim will go out to belgium to speak with him if he has too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Go on Jimmy boy, Shame the tightwad!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Someone mentioned to me that Foots Cray Rugby Club are extremely unhappy with how they have been impacted / treated
    My source is very much ITK on this issue and our COO has not covered himself in glory in his dealings or lack of allegedly hence the need for legal action.
    But his main focus has been on the training ground and development works at Sparrows Lane. He said so himself.

I can't believe it's not all been resolved amicably as the project must be close to completion by now.

I mean, a man of his calibre wouldn't allow some minor issues with the neighbours to create any barriers during the construction phase.
  • Options
    EFL and Sports Minister saying there is nothing they can do???
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Surely they should be able to freeze any outgoing activities he does with the club

i.e. Selling players and pocketting the transfers - Until he runs the club properly, that money isnt available to him!!
  • Options

EFL and Sports Minister saying there is nothing they can do???

Replace nothing they can do with, can't be arsed.