Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options
    johnny73 said:

Would be ironic if one of those being knocked was the PR guy hired to spin truth into lies. 'But but Mr Duche I gave you 10% extra lies. I hit my lie target with ease!'.

RD - "Huh"
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    We are an embarrassment of a club, alienate its own fans, and now alienates its staff, I hope they all leave and leave him right in the crap.
  • Options

Have they gone to their unions with this?

Quotes from disgruntled staff would have given this more credence.

Then they’d be ex-staff pretty quickly.
    Ok. An independent disgruntled staff representative. I.e a union rep.
    The staff aren’t unionised.
    How do they plan to finance their legal action?
    I'm by no means an expert on this stuff but as long as the system permits such claims, I'd consider giving any employment tribunal a swerve and going straight for a money claim online on the Govt. web site. Cheap as chips, no need for a lawyer, could easily be funded by the protest fund, and if duchatelet buggered it all up (again) the delight of seeing court appointed bailiffs rampaging around The Valley, seizing all Mrs Perks vols-au-vent.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Have they gone to their unions with this?

Quotes from disgruntled staff would have given this more credence.

Then they’d be ex-staff pretty quickly.
    Ok. An independent disgruntled staff representative. I.e a union rep.
    The staff aren’t unionised.
    How do they plan to finance their legal action?
    I'm by no means an expert on this stuff but as long as the system permits such claims, I'd consider giving any employment tribunal a swerve and going straight for a money claim online on the Govt. web site. Cheap as chips, no need for a lawyer, could easily be funded by the protest fund, and if duchatelet buggered it all up (again) the delight of seeing court appointed bailiffs rampaging around The Valley, seizing all Mrs Perks vols-au-vent.
    Bringing a claim at ET needn't cost a penny.
  • Options
    All depends on the wording in "contract". I've worked in HR for several different companies - large and small - and they generally term performance related bonuses as discretionary. It's mainly so they have a get out if the performance targets aren't met, but it's not normally across the board and only used for exceptions. If the bonus terms are clearly related to performance targets that can be proven to have been met and the discretionary word isn't there then they probably have a good case.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

All depends on the wording in "contract". I've worked in HR for several different companies - large and small - and they generally term performance related bonuses as discretionary. It's mainly so they have a get out if the performance targets aren't met, but it's not normally across the board and only used for exceptions. If the bonus terms are clearly related to performance targets that can be proven to have been met and the discretionary word isn't there then they probably have a good case.

Going by RD's track record or reading contracts then, I reckon the employees are in with a good shout
  • Options

We are an embarrassment of a club, alienate its own fans, and now alienates your staff, I hope they all leave and leave him right in the crap.

If they walked on or just before a match day would it leave us unable to play the game. All this talk of fans getting a home game called off and the owners evil penny pinching might do it for us, although I expect the staff need the money too much to risk such an action.
  • Options

Is there any money left in the CARD fund to.pay some of the bonuses to the staff?

I think it would be more likely CARD could help fund any litigation or representation at an employment tribunal. Wonder if there are any employment lawyers on here that might be able to offer their services at a discount / pro bono?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be nice to have a bit more info without giving away individual names. How many staff are not receiving bonuses? What were the targets?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

cafcbrown said:

According to Google translate

Duchâtelet once again under fire: "Staff members threaten Charlton with legal action after they did not receive a ten percent bonus"
    Charlton Athletic FC owner Roland Duchâtelet is under fire only once. Daily Mail, for example, knows that the flamboyant businessman had promised the members of the technical staff a bonus of ten percent, but that they could now whistle to it. It is therefore being considered to take legal action against our compatriot.

The British tabloid writes that Duchâtelet promised the staff members that bonus had been achieved if certain objectives were met. They also worked around the clock to get everything done and in the end they succeeded. Whether they then received their premium? No, because our compatriot did not like the promise, so there is a threat of mutiny at the English tradition club. Even legal steps are being considered, as the newspaper writes.

Duchâtelet took over Charlton Athletic four years ago and since then it has always been something. For example, the 'Addicks' would lose some ten million pounds a year and the measures that Duchâtelet took to keep a finger on the flick were not unfortunate. For example, Daily Mail states that those who leave the club are not replaced and that youth players were not even given free water

Our compatriot did well a month ago with a deal with an Australian investment group about the takeover of the club, but that agreement drags on. The Limburg entrepreneur had put the British thirdclass in the shop window last year. With the sale, Duchâtelet would further reduce its portfolio of football clubs. Earlier, he already got rid of Standard Liège and STVV. He would only remain the owner of the Spanish second division team Alcorcon and the German third division Carl Zeiss Jena.
    “Duchâtelet took over Charlton Athletic four years ago and since then it has always been something.”

Ain’t that the truth
    You beat me to it. Wonderfully apt translation.
  • Options
    What a miserable old Scrooge Roly is. How long will it it take before we get back to being a well run club again?
  • Options
    I reckon Roly has clearly asked for financial cuts to be made at any cost even if it does involve the staff themselves and for that you ask a crawly bum licker filthy pond life slime ball to carry out this filthy act, can anyone think of one .
  • Options
    The EFL rules are available here:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/

A quick scan does not reveal any case for the League to intervene in employment disputes with junior staff (though there is reference to failure to pay players etc.)

More generally unfortunately I can’t see any other breaches of the rules which one could claim the club/Duchatelet have made justifying intervention by the League. Unfortunately ongoing incompetence is not a rule breach.
  • Options

I reckon Roly has clearly asked for financial cuts to be made at any cost even if it does involve the staff themselves and for that you ask a crawly bum licker filthy pond life slime ball to carry out this filthy act, can anyone think of one .

I was hoping he'd be one of the ones not getting a bonus
  • Options
    Carter said:

He is a fucking rat of the highest order, classless, clueless

People don't work for football clubs for big money.

Most rats would be pretty upset to be compared to RD...

Expects others to suffer due to his incompetence and failed experiment. I wonder how far he can go with cost cutting?

He surely hasn't much left to cut?
  • Options
    Is there any way Addicks in Spain or Germany could draw this story to the attention of the press in those countries? Sure the employees at Roland's clubs in those countries would be interested! Maybe also get something on those clubs' fans forums?
  • Options

The EFL rules are available here:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/

A quick scan does not reveal any case for the League to intervene in employment disputes with junior staff (though there is reference to failure to pay players etc.)

More generally unfortunately I can’t see any other breaches of the rules which one could claim the club/Duchatelet have made justifying intervention by the League. Unfortunately ongoing incompetence is not a rule breach.

This may be the nub of it. I’ve been venting off some tweets to the EFL since last night, but if shambolic running of a football club isn’t actually breaching any rules, then their powers are limited

So fucked off with them as a body in general though. It’s not just us. Blackpool, Coventry and Orient when they were in the football league all got shafted

Would love for them to answer some questions about their incompetence
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

JamesSeed said:

Is there any money left in the CARD fund to.pay some of the bonuses to the staff?

Perhaps there could be specific appeal?

Does anyone know the extent? For example if it's 100 people owed £2,000 each then not sure CARD could make much of a dent in that.

If there is a case to answer then an employment tribunal claim, in open court with all the resultant publicity, is the way to go.

The Belgium article suggests that it is respect of technical staff. I have no idea how many we have, but I suspect it will only be a handful - but on reasonable pay, so 10% could be several thousand. (£15-£20k?).

The comment that they were working around the clock suggests a one off task to me. Our new ticketing system?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Appalling. It's as if we're in administration, except that our "administrator" is the richest owner in our history.

Utter tosser, hope you get mowed down by a runaway combine harvester.

Oh now that is far too kind. I can think of many other ways that would suit this bastard that owns our club.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Though it’s in a national (wider awareness / bigger negative publicity), I’m not see anything here that could not have been assumed a couple of weeks ago.

Would be interested to know if this is an across the board scheme, or individually tailored?, and if the latter how many have been impacted?.

Were similar incentives applied in the previous Duchatelet years or is this something different for this year, which now seems to have been reneged on? And if so, is it LDT carrying this decision making / message giving, or someone else?

While the club employees will not have union representation (not so bad these unions after all?), they do have a HR Manager, one that is clearly highly rated as they have recently been elected to the Board as a Director of a high profile footballing body, who on flagging her appointment to the Board stated “she is efficient in planning, organising and working collaboratively to influence, design and deliver initiatives, essential to the accomplishment of the business.”

Does this not fall under their remit?
  • Options

cafcbrown said:

According to Google translate

Duchâtelet once again under fire: "Staff members threaten Charlton with legal action after they did not receive a ten percent bonus"
    Charlton Athletic FC owner Roland Duchâtelet is under fire only once. Daily Mail, for example, knows that the flamboyant businessman had promised the members of the technical staff a bonus of ten percent, but that they could now whistle to it. It is therefore being considered to take legal action against our compatriot.

The British tabloid writes that Duchâtelet promised the staff members that bonus had been achieved if certain objectives were met. They also worked around the clock to get everything done and in the end they succeeded. Whether they then received their premium? No, because our compatriot did not like the promise, so there is a threat of mutiny at the English tradition club. Even legal steps are being considered, as the newspaper writes.

Duchâtelet took over Charlton Athletic four years ago and since then it has always been something. For example, the 'Addicks' would lose some ten million pounds a year and the measures that Duchâtelet took to keep a finger on the flick were not unfortunate. For example, Daily Mail states that those who leave the club are not replaced and that youth players were not even given free water

Our compatriot did well a month ago with a deal with an Australian investment group about the takeover of the club, but that agreement drags on. The Limburg entrepreneur had put the British thirdclass in the shop window last year. With the sale, Duchâtelet would further reduce its portfolio of football clubs. Earlier, he already got rid of Standard Liège and STVV. He would only remain the owner of the Spanish second division team Alcorcon and the German third division Carl Zeiss Jena.
    Sorry to go off topic but it has long been my view that Belgium is the most boring country in the world. This description of RD I think rubber stamps it.
    I thought flamboyant was Flemish for wanker.
  • Options
    Considering legal action means doing nothing.
  • Options
    It’s not just Duchatelet though is it?

These company decisions are taken at Board level and Duchatelet is not the only director on the Board.

• Options
    johnny73 said:

Would be nice to have a bit more info without giving away individual names. How many staff are not receiving bonuses? What were the targets?

Believe it’s up to 20, based on what I heard. Very rough estimate of cost would be £50k-£60k.
  • Options

It’s not just Duchatelet though is it?

These company decisions are taken at Board level and Duchatelet is not the only director on the Board.

It's only Murray and RD now Meire has left...