Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options
    Utter disgrace

100% what @blackpool72 would say at this juncture
  • Options
    Must be a Charlton supporting lawyer or 2 out there???
  • Options
    Anyone got a song we can sing tomorrow in support of tne staff.

Also I was disappointed we want Roland out wasnt sung once v Shrewsbury,

I understand supporting the players and I will be singing Valley Floyd Road and Singing the players names tomorrow night, but 1 chorus of We want Roland out wouldnt stop support for the players, we did it in the friendlies but not in the 1st league game.
  • Options
    Shame it's not reported in a decent paper.
  • Options
    Do we have more detail on this ?
    How many members of staff have been cheated ?
    What is the sum of the bonuses owed to employees ?
  • Options
    Bloody outrageous. How many staff involved do we think? Could fans donate? Most seem to be paid a pittance, and some will be relying on the bonus
  • Options

Do we have more detail on this ?
    How many members of staff have been cheated ?
    What is the sum of the bonuses owed to employees ?

Numerous people from what I heard a couple of weeks back. My guess is that it’s a deal Meire did which the current management didn’t know about and therefore doesn’t want to honour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is where we need to be very careful as a fan base. If this is true then the efl must act. However if I was looking at it from the out side I would look at the accusations in a cold hearted way.

Play farm? No we have always sold our better players, buy cheap, develope youth sell it on, its what we have always done. It's what 89 league clubs in England do.

Roland is tight? No he is £60 million deep in this, its the people he has trusted with the money is the problem.

He is asset stripping us? No he isn't, he is trying to pay the bills, ie the football club pays for its self.

He sold standard after he sold all the players? No he sold standard to someone that couldn't pay the market rate so sold the players and knocked it off the sale price. As agreed by the buyer.

Full of network players? Who was the last "shit" network player? In fact over the last 4 years some of the network players have been our better ones.

What he did do was employ a totally incompetent Ceo, listen to a championship manager player over a real championship manager in the valuation of our squad on purchase. He pays little stock in the manager, as do most European clubs.

And now he is determined not to waste any more money on us, who can blame him. Would you?

As a result of HIS actions turn over and attendances are massively down, on pitch performance is well down.

His flaws as owner are massive and he needs to sell ASAP to save the club but let's not accuse him of things that aren't true when there is plenty to get by on that is!

Just fuck off and sell the club

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

This is where we need to be very careful as a fan base. If this is true then the efl must act. However if I was looking at it from the out side I would look at the accusations in a cold hearted way.

Play farm? No we have always sold our better players, buy cheap, develope youth sell it on, its what we have always done. It's what 89 league clubs in England do.

Roland is tight? No he is £60 million deep in this, its the people he has trusted with the money is the problem.

He is asset stripping us? No he isn't, he is trying to pay the bills, ie the football club pays for its self.

He sold standard after he sold all the players? No he sold standard to someone that couldn't pay the market rate so sold the players and knocked it off the sale price. As agreed by the buyer.

Full of network players? Who was the last "shit" network player? In fact over the last 4 years some of the network players have been our better ones.

What he did do was employ a totally incompetent Ceo, listen to a championship manager player over a real championship manager in the valuation of our squad on purchase. He pays little stock in the manager, as do most European clubs.

And now he is determined not to waste any more money on us, who can blame him. Would you?

As a result of HIS actions turn over and attendances are massively down, on pitch performance is well down.

His flaws as owner are massive and he needs to sell ASAP to save the club but let's not accuse him of things that aren't true when there is plenty to get by on that is!

He’s done a lot more damage than just hiring Katie and Driessen ffs! He’s responsible for the whole mess.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Have to say, I feel sorry for 99% of the staff affected, however, there is a delicious irony if Chris Parkes is also affected after his missus backed Roland & Katrien for months.

Yep. And it would please me immensely if Burger Boy missed out too. But I genuinely feel for all the staff who've been royally screwed on this. It must surely amount to breach of contract. I understand a bonus plan was put in place which linked payout to achievement of specific targets, which were met. That must constitute a contract (yes, @bobmunro?) and thus non-payment could be challenged legally.
    This, as much as there may be people you really really don't want to get this, there are far more who so deserve it.

here's an outcome a couple of weeks ago on an employment dispute around pay and bonus, really good people at a company I used to work for, they won.

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2018/2137.html

If the bonus plan was in place, in writing, and the metrics have been met - it's payable. But of course, life/the law isn't always that straightforward, the high court may not be that easy for those involved.

If any staff need any help we should do all we can to help them. As much as I'd love to say lets all just club together to give them a bonus, that lets RD off the hook......
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

But no-one is referencing those accusations here. It's simply about the Mail story that Charlton have reneged on a bonus deal made with staff. That stands on its own as an issue to take action on.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Cafc43v3r said:

He’s done a lot more damage than just hiring Katie and Driessen ffs! He’s responsible for the whole mess.
    I am not disputing that, as I said his actions are responsible, but please tell me what I said was factually wrong?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Davo55 said:

Have to say, I feel sorry for 99% of the staff affected, however, there is a delicious irony if Chris Parkes is also affected after his missus backed Roland & Katrien for months.

Yep. And it would please me immensely if Burger Boy missed out too. But I genuinely feel for all the staff who've been royally screwed on this. It must surely amount to breach of contract. I understand a bonus plan was put in place which linked payout to achievement of specific targets, which were met. That must constitute a contract (yes, @bobmunro?) and thus non-payment could be challenged legally.
    This, as much as there may be people you really really don't want to get this, there are far more who so deserve it.

here's an outcome a couple of weeks ago on an employment dispute around pay and bonus, really good people at a company I used to work for, they won.

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2018/2137.html

If the bonus plan was in place, in writing, and the metrics have been met - it's payable. But of course, life/the law isn't always that straightforward, the high court may not be that easy for those involved.

If any staff need any help we should do all we can to help them. As much as I'd love to say lets all just club together to give them a bonus, that lets RD off the hook......
    The last employer I had, a house hold name that everyone on this forum has done business with, got out of paying my bonus for 3 out of 5 years through a mythical profit gateway, that no one knew what it was.
  • Options
    I imagine a few shifty companies try to get away with not paying contractual bonuses

The good thing about working for a football club though is that it's high profile, hence a national newspaper getting involved. A story like this will be very embarrassing for Murray and Keohane, I'm sure they'll either have to publish a denial or eventually make up the payments, whether Roland likes it or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Cafc43v3r said:

But no-one is referencing those accusations here. It's simply about the Mail story that Charlton have reneged on a bonus deal made with staff. That stands on its own as an issue to take action on.
    But it shows how much there is "real stuff" to get after, I know you are familiar with all those accusations and how often they are spouted. It makes us look like it's all about results, when we all know it's more than that.
  • Options
    Is Vivant still about (RD’s political party), maybe CAST could send them an open letter, ideally printed in Belgium media asking what their thoughts were about stories their founder is now reneging on a 10% bonus to relatively poorly paid staff of his?
  • Options

Have they gone to their unions with this?

Quotes from disgruntled staff would have given this more credence.

Then they’d be ex-staff pretty quickly.
    Ok. An independent disgruntled staff representative. I.e a union rep.
    The staff aren’t unionised.
    How do they plan to finance their legal action?
    I assume the tribunal system deals with employers who don’t pay what is due. The bigger difficulty is that you have to front up against your current employer to get it or walk and claim constructive dismissal, which may not be worthwhile.
    Would still incur some cost for lawyers and the like. Even more if they fail.

For employees that are working around the clock to try and get close to an acceptable wage I would suggest that this might not be the best path to take.
    Perhaps they might look to shame their employer in the national press first then.
    Water off a ducks back. He has no shame.
    It'll be CARDs fault for forcing the fans to boycott so the club hasn't got any money.
  • Options
    The article says Duchatelet 'promised'.
    I hope the staff got that in writing, or on camera.
  • Options

Count me in for a donation to cover the best legal team arounds' fee's. Despicable excuse of a man. This sort of shit can drive a club into the ground with a dominos effect very quickly. Not that it's not happening anyway.

Rat.

Don't mention dominos, last thing we want is EFL sniffing around, .....................oh wait!!!!