Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Shame on you Murray you nasty piece of work, what exactly are you doing!?

He’s gone back to bed and is hiding under his duvet waiting for everyone to stop shouting at him
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

Jim has texted RD. Give us his number Jim!

He probably hasn’t paid that bill either.....
  • Options
    se9addick said:

We have received a bonus here at TfL every year for the last 15 years providing we hit our Customer Services targets. It was only ever announced in an email but this year, that bonus has quietly been pulled with no announcement whatsoever. Even the unions didn't find out until after the date the bonus value should have been announced.

There's nothing the RMT etc can do as it has never been part of our contracts.

But it would be a different situation presumably had you received the email saying you were getting your bonus and then it was pulled.
    If it's not in my contract of employment, (which it isn't), there's little I can do about it.

Don't get me wrong, I think what RD is doing is a disgrace and the staff at the club do have my utmost sympathies over the situation but as others have mentioned Tribunals etc, I just feel that unless they we hired with the bonus as part of their terms and conditions, I don't think they would win.
  • Options
    Without seeing a paper trail (if any) it's impossible to be sure. But if they were set objectives and promised a bonus if the objectives were met, and the objectives have been met, I'd think they are likely to have a very good case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I reckon Roly has clearly asked for financial cuts to be made at any cost even if it does involve the staff themselves and for that you ask a crawly bum licker filthy pond life slime ball to carry out this filthy act, can anyone think of one .

Slightly off topic and not sure if it has been mentioned before but it was alleged to me at the weekend that following the stop go works at the training ground and serious problems with Foots Cray Rugby Club's car park, writs had been served on the club in the absence of remedial works. So sounds like it's far from plain sailing for a certain individual at the moment. :open_mouth:
    Someone mentioned to me that Foots Cray Rugby Club are extremely unhappy with how they have been impacted / treated
    My source is very much ITK on this issue and our COO has not covered himself in glory in his dealings or lack of allegedly hence the need for legal action.
    I find that very hard easy to believe
    Unverified rumours? You believe them? Mightn't they effect any legal action?
    How irresponsible you are to keep this out in the open.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    iainment said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I reckon Roly has clearly asked for financial cuts to be made at any cost even if it does involve the staff themselves and for that you ask a crawly bum licker filthy pond life slime ball to carry out this filthy act, can anyone think of one .

Slightly off topic and not sure if it has been mentioned before but it was alleged to me at the weekend that following the stop go works at the training ground and serious problems with Foots Cray Rugby Club's car park, writs had been served on the club in the absence of remedial works. So sounds like it's far from plain sailing for a certain individual at the moment. :open_mouth:
    Someone mentioned to me that Foots Cray Rugby Club are extremely unhappy with how they have been impacted / treated
    My source is very much ITK on this issue and our COO has not covered himself in glory in his dealings or lack of allegedly hence the need for legal action.
    I find that very hard easy to believe
    Unverified rumours? You believe them? Mightn't they effect any legal action?
    How irresponsible you are to keep this out in the open.
    1. I didn't start a thread with a title stating it was a fact ie no question mark

2. The matter isn't about individual's personal finances, unlike yours

3. Move on
  • Options
    When does his hotel open?
  • Options
    Nug said:

Last stated that it will open in September, but a better estimate is end October/beginning November
  • Options
    Nug said:

Guests will probably have to bring their own towels and toilet paper!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:

Nug said:

Guests will probably have to bring their own towels and toilet paper!
    Hopefully all the guests will be from a certain part of South East London
  • Options

Nug said:

Last stated that it will open in September, but a better estimate is end October/beginning November
    It might be chilly by then. Will the boiler be connected?
  • Options

Nug said:

It’s the White Hart Lane of hotels...
  • Options

Nug said:

Unless the contractors are on a bonus to complete by.... oh hang on.
  • Options

HMRC tax us on what we are ENTITLED to receive, not how much we actually receive.

If the bonus is contractual the staff are liable for tax on it regardless.

Not true I'm afraid.
    The taxable event is the payment of remuneration, a question of fact, not a question of intention or entitlement.
    Regular staff on PAYE (i.e. not sub-contractors or suppliers) have their tax & NI deductions calculated in each payment period, usually monthly, historically weekly. The NI due is utterly dependent on the funds paid this period, the tax arises on the total paid since the start of the tax year, less the tax deducted in previous periods (this tax year)
    If you receive nothing, no tax or NI can be due.
    Income Tax may be seen as onerous by some but its imputation is rigorously fair. The suggestion that employees could be taxed on funds they never receive is patently ridiculous - if the funds are never transferred from the employer there is no payment from which the deduction can be made.