Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options

A discretionary bonus doesn't mean it's discretionary whether to pay it or not, that would be an ex gratia award. The discretion can only be around the amount. If the amount is fixed in advance as 10% of salary, it is not a discretionary bonus, it is a contractual performance related bonus.

This bit is irrefutable and thus has roly and his collaborators banged to rights.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

Hotel Stayen is on Booking.com. If you book a room it seems you can cancel 48 hours before and pay nothing. If enough of us do that, it'll hit him in the pocket and cost us nothing.

A 'good' breakfast is £11.

Good idea. I wish I'd thought of that.
    So you did. Have a like.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I reckon Roly has clearly asked for financial cuts to be made at any cost even if it does involve the staff themselves and for that you ask a crawly bum licker filthy pond life slime ball to carry out this filthy act, can anyone think of one .

Slightly off topic and not sure if it has been mentioned before but it was alleged to me at the weekend that following the stop go works at the training ground and serious problems with Foots Cray Rugby Club's car park, writs had been served on the club in the absence of remedial works. So sounds like it's far from plain sailing for a certain individual at the moment. :open_mouth:
    Someone mentioned to me that Foots Cray Rugby Club are extremely unhappy with how they have been impacted / treated
    My source is very much ITK on this issue and our COO has not covered himself in glory

IdleHans said:

Hotel Stayen is on Booking.com. If you book a room it seems you can cancel 48 hours before and pay nothing. If enough of us do that, it'll hit him in the pocket and cost us nothing.

Seems you can book a room for 30-days on there so if you keep repeating you should be able to stop anyone else ever booking
    Ive had to cancel 3 times after something came up. ;)
  • Options
    Not wanting an argument but I'm correct. Ask the footballers who were taxed on bonuses they didn't receive that we're sacrificed to avoid tax. They were taxed on the basis of contractual entitlement, nothing to do with what went through PAYE, otherwise tax would be avoided all the time. PAYE is a system of collecting tax that goes through PAYE, not a system for identifying tax liability.

HMRC page:

For PAYE purposes
    If the employee isn’t a director, operate PAYE on the earlier of when:

you actually make the payment
    the employee is entitled to be paid, even if the pay isn’t drawn until later

The last few words are reflecting the legal basis of tax lability being tax is paid when you are entitled to receive what you are due.

Not saying HMRC would enforce it in this case but it's an exposure over which they are entitled to have concerns.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Bring you own knife and fork!

• Options
    how did it end on the Jim White show?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely we can get Piers Morgan to hack his phone and get the number for us!
  • Options

The whole thing was about 3 minutes no more and it finished with Jim saying not to worry Charlton fans, I will keep trying to contact him until I get an answer
  • Options

The whole thing was about 3 minutes no more and it finished with Jim saying not to worry Charlton fans, I will keep trying to contact him until I get an answer
    Tw@tter him up and ask him if he’s still chasing him?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Tw@tter him up and ask him if he’s still chasing him?
    Done that no reply from Jim
  • Options
    Hmm, will they be told you can have your bonuses, at the expense of redundancies?
  • Options

Hmm, will they be told you can have your bonuses, at the expense of redundancies?

At the expense of that extra midfielder that Bowyer wants...
  • Options
    Ross said:

At the expense of that extra midfielder that Bowyer wants...
    not to mention setting up a convenient excuse for vetoing any discussion of the issue at the Fans' Forum meeting?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iainment said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I reckon Roly has clearly asked for financial cuts to be made at any cost even if it does involve the staff themselves and for that you ask a crawly bum licker filthy pond life slime ball to carry out this filthy act, can anyone think of one .

Slightly off topic and not sure if it has been mentioned before but it was alleged to me at the weekend that following the stop go works at the training ground and serious problems with Foots Cray Rugby Club's car park, writs had been served on the club in the absence of remedial works. So sounds like it's far from plain sailing for a certain individual at the moment. :open_mouth:
    Someone mentioned to me that Foots Cray Rugby Club are extremely unhappy with how they have been impacted / treated
    My source is very much ITK on this issue and our COO has not covered himself in glory in his dealings or lack of allegedly hence the need for legal action.
    I find that very hard easy to believe
    Unverified rumours? You believe them? Mightn't they effect any legal action?
    How irresponsible you are to keep this out in the open.
    1. I didn't start a thread with a title stating it was a fact ie no question mark

2. The matter isn't about individual's personal finances, unlike yours

3. Move on
    It absolutely beggars belief that people still go to the home games and thus put money into RDs pocket. What will it take for them to wake up and smell the coffee.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

iainment said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

My source is very much ITK on this issue and our COO has not covered himself in glory in his dealings or lack of allegedly hence the need for legal action.
    I find that very hard easy to believe
    Unverified rumours? You believe them? Mightn't they effect any legal action?
    How irresponsible you are to keep this out in the open.
    1. I didn't start a thread with a title stating it was a fact ie no question mark

2. The matter isn't about individual's personal finances, unlike yours

3. Move on
    It absolutely beggars belief that people still go to the home games and thus put money into RDs pocket. What will it take for them to wake up and smell the coffee.
    Totally agree with your reasoning.
    But breaking a lifetime habit that in some cases has been in excess of 50 or 60 years is very hard to do.
    Personally I have been supporting this club home and away since 1967.

But this will be my last season if Roland is still here next season.
  • Options
    I believe Delaware North hold the catering contract so I doubt that this would affect RD.
  • Options
    I'm sure if Delaware North find they are running at a loss, they will soon give Roland earache!

It also would not surprise me if the contract gave RD a % of the profits.