Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options

Hmmm

Eh? Roland’s pretty much confirmed it himself in that staff email!
  • Options
    I wonder if Roland will do the decent thing and pay these bonuses once he gets the expected sell on fee (i believe there is one?) if/when Lookman goes to Leipzig.............
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Staff strike on Saturday? Gets the match postponed, more embarrassment for Roland and helps Lee Bowyer, as a few players will be back from injury for the re-arranged fixture.

I have a horrid feeling that a strike would cause us to forfeit the game. Hope I am wrong.
    I could live with that.
    Me too
    And me.
    As we will probably finish mid table it will make no difference
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    On BBC London news, at 6:30 this evening.
  • Options

I wonder if Roland will do the decent thing and pay these bonuses once he gets the expected sell on fee (i believe there is one?) if/when Lookman goes to Leipzig.............

Don’t be silly - Airman confirmed we’re talking circa £50K here in total, Roland probably makes that in interest every few days. If he was going to pay the bonuses he would have paid the bonuses.
  • Options

There is nothing decent about Roland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would think that the staff have a good case for breach of contact .. BUT of course, all depends on the wording of the contract(S) or agreement(S) .. ( posted on another topic)
  • Options
    Don't forget he trousered the £11million for Lookman already. He is a grad A tosser. I had the regime. I bought a season ticket as I thought the club would be sold and was misled. I moaned about my season ticket not coming (I boycotted for 3yrs) and then this. I have no gripe with the staff at the Valley or their contractors Delaware. Whenever I have spoken to them over the phone or in person they have been FANTASTIC, FRIENDLY and EFFICIENT. They have always provided EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE despite that twat running the club. I hate him.
  • Options
    A piece on BBC London News has been trailed – coming up before 7pm.
  • Options

Putting aside the Charlton angle, it’s a multi millionaire businessman not paying his hardworking staff their bonuses, as the company lost money due to his mismanagement/piss poor decisions.

Fucking wanker.

Or billionaire, according to some.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    In light of his article, knowing that any revenue to the club goes straight to Roland and that people working day and night for the club are not being paid... I am starting to feel that anyone who gives ANY money to this club for anything might be committing a kind of club "sleeping with the enemy?" In my opinion the only reasonable response is total and complete resistance, non-support and non-cooperation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

seeing a lot of tweets mentioning a strike. I for one would support it as it would be more effective and hard hitting than fans boycotting and more likely to create a bigger impact. Would have to be announced asap to save the Fleetwood fans travelling down. Not sure what people's thoughts are but if there are enough brave individuals in that group that have been dicked over, and would walk out, they would have my total respect and admiration.

Mindful though that this whole thing is more about them as employees than us as fans and our thing with Roland.

I would never want other fans, who travel that far, to suffer. Maybe put an event on at a local pub, free food and a band for them, build some good will.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options

Fair point
  • Options
    has Anyone sent the staff statement to pearks?

That women just can’t help herself. I understand she can’t say anything negative I get that but the fact she would know this to be true but still try and use it to smear others is disgusting.

I bet if it was her husband she would see things differently.

• Options

has Anyone sent the staff statement to pearks?

That women just can’t help herself. I understand she can’t say anything negative I get that but the fact she would know this to be true but still try and use it to smear others is disgusting.

I bet if it was her husband she would see things differently.

And if it was the removal of free food and booze, shit herself.
  • Options
    The feature on this evenings London News,begins at 05.30.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bg4z6g/london-news-evening-news-22082018
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

If I were an employee of Charlton Athletic, right now, I wouldn’t be working anything other than my contracted hours. If I’m paid for 37.5 hours per week, then that’s what I’d be working. Wouldn’t do another minute unless I was paid overtime. What are they going to do, sack all of the staff for working contracted hours ...

Yep absolutely. Work to rule I think it's called - don't do anything over and above what you are contracted to do.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

_MrDick said:

If I were an employee of Charlton Athletic, right now, I wouldn’t be working anything other than my contracted hours. If I’m paid for 37.5 hours per week, then that’s what I’d be working. Wouldn’t do another minute unless I was paid overtime. What are they going to do, sack all of the staff for working contracted hours ...

Yep absolutely. Work to rule I think it's called - don't do anything over and above what you are contracted to do.
    Take a full hour for lunch and you never used to be allowed to work for more than four hours without break under the offices, shops & premises act? So again take them.

Edit; Now six hours https://www.gov.uk/rest-breaks-work