Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

who is the fat fella with the mic at half time? Isn’t he a fan? Maybe he should start a song of Roland out with the north stand instead of crossbar challenge next game.

Like BDL said when he resigned... its a job at the end of the day so Brian Cole (despite being advised not to take it) has to display a measure of professionalism even if the Belgians dont

Else its like wondering why the comms team instead of posting news and efl adverts dont just constantly tweet all the crap that Roland has done
    He showed no professionalism at the Palace game in 94 leading to the club sacking him
    Exactly... He'll have learnt his lesson and will be less eager to do it again as he'll know what'll happen
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

who is the fat fella with the mic at half time? Isn’t he a fan? Maybe he should start a song of Roland out with the north stand instead of crossbar challenge next game.

Like BDL said when he resigned... its a job at the end of the day so Brian Cole (despite being advised not to take it) has to display a measure of professionalism even if the Belgians dont

Else its like wondering why the comms team instead of posting news and efl adverts dont just constantly tweet all the crap that Roland has done
    He showed no professionalism at the Palace game in 94 leading to the club sacking him
    94??
  • Options
    @bc_addick

Gone beyond a joke.

Do the honourable thing.
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

94??
    27th October 2004
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

94??
    27th October 2004
    Was gonna say no way was it 94 haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

_MrDick said:

If I were an employee of Charlton Athletic, right now, I wouldn’t be working anything other than my contracted hours. If I’m paid for 37.5 hours per week, then that’s what I’d be working. Wouldn’t do another minute unless I was paid overtime. What are they going to do, sack all of the staff for working contracted hours ...

Yep absolutely. Work to rule I think it's called - don't do anything over and above what you are contracted to do.
    What sort of idiot does more than they are contracted to? You are selling your labour and if your boss expects more than what's agreed then there's something wrong. And if you do so voluntarily then you're just undervaluing yourself.
    I never have and never will work for free. No one should.
    No one should work for free agreed but it happens if you've got bullies in management who overload you with work and try and argue you're not performing if it's not done no matter how much effort put in which I've seen in a previous job and it's usually because those bullies in management don't have a clue about anything technical.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    N01R4M said:

@iainment I sincerely hope that if you have kids their teachers do not share your attitude! Because, believe me, schools would be unable to function without many hours of unpaid overtime done by the staff.

I am sure education is far from being unique (and I don't mean weird) in this respect, but it is a profession of which I have long experience, and can therefore speak with personal knowledge.

It's unsustainable then. What happens when the goodwill is exhausted?
    Fair pay for what is worked is not too much to ask for.
    The vocation myth is just that and it relies on people accepting being lied to about their contracts and being exploited.
    There are very few bosses who go above and beyond for their staff unless it helps their career. However there are loads of bosses who expect more than what is contracted for from their staff. Usually with scant recognition.
  • Options
    It's time for Part IV of "Getting To Know The Network."
  • Options
    If only I’d realised I could have called upon the support of CARD in those years when my employer made a loss and I didn’t get paid a bonus...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If only I’d realised I could have called upon the support of CARD in those years when my employer made a loss and I didn’t get paid a bonus...

If only Roland could rely on more people like you to support his imaginative and innovative leadership of the club all the way to the Conference...
    I think in this case he doesn’t need my support to do that, he’s got CARD. The Sunday editorials could have a field day with this and they might just support the employer in this instance because, I suspect, most of the employees in this country don’t get a bonus, especially if the firm they work didn’t make a profit, unless of course they are contractually entitled to it, in which case i would have thought it would be less awkward for the employees if CARD didn’t make a big fuss.
  • Options
    Carter said:

He's part of it, ran to Mick Everett after hearing timings of protests like class grass

Who?
  • Options
    Carter said:

He's part of it, ran to Mick Everett after hearing timings of protests like class grass

Who did?
  • Options
    I don’t think anyone is defending the non payment if staff genuinely felt they were going to get it but we only have the headlines to interpret.

I fear the staff don’t have a legal basis to claim if it was always positioned as a discretionary bonus. Reading beteeen the lines the club chose not to reveal they wouldn’t pay it until the 11th hour ie exploited the goodwill.

Don’t know if this is the first time such a bonus was offered or not or if any precedent under RD to judge this years non payment on. If it were a flat 10% for all that is actually quite generous and likely why staff feel aggrieved now. But we haven’t seen any details on how it was positioned.

Very very poor management but not unique by any means.

Maybe just maybe the reason he did it was because he (RD) won’t have to deal with the fallout in staff relations because he fully expects to be gone. That’s the only glimmer of hope I see.

• Options
    Off_it said:

Rob7Lee said:

@iainment - come and work in my industry, attending the fans forum tonight was the first time I haven't exceeded my 7 hours for as long as I can remember!

He's probably quite set in his ways now after 40 years opening the post and doubling up in the filing room from time to time. But he still probably puzzles occasionally why such a clever bloke as he never ever got promoted.

We've all worked with the Iain's of this world. They leave at 5pm on the dot everyday and leave you to clear up the urgent shit he never bothered to do before he left.

(And that's just a light hearted sweeping generalisation, not a personal dig as I have no idea which post room he works in)
    ;-)
    I do my work. I don't leave stuff for others to do if it's mine. I am flexible and will stay late if necessary but I get that time back later.
    Sorry I don't fit your description.
    If you donate your time to your boss for free that's up to you but you shouldn't expect everyone to be like that.
    Oh and I am in a job where I have been promoted and manage staff and resources.
  • Options

I think you're missing the point here, if I may say so. CAFC have been making losses for quite sometime, even before RD turned up, its just that poor off-field management has made it worse yet again, only RD/RM can be blamed for that, and KM was here for half of last season, so she was also culpable. However, the aforementioned people agreed to pay bonuses to staff if they hit their targets. From the open letter it says they worked hard and were expecting to get their bonuses on 31st July. Nothing was forthcoming and no communication sent, even as late a June when accounts were published, I believe, that due to poor financial year they wouldn't be getting paid their dues. This is no way to treat your staff, in fact it is 'shabby' at best!! Please don't try and defend the indefensible, RD/RM knew the financial situation, at least you would have hoped they did (if not, as previously mentioned, we are up shit creek), so why promise bonuses, if they knew they wouldn't pay them. Sorry @letthegoodtimesroll this is just RD/RM being held to account for making and then breaking promises they knew they wouldn't keep!!