Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options
    ASOS is the new buzzphrase, Action Short Of Strike.
  • Options
    The work to rule idea is a good one, but dare I say it would need a bit of leadership from somewhere, maybe in the form of advice, because individuals are not always aware of their contractual rights and limitations. Some contracts have wording along the lines of:...and do such work/hours necessary for x,y and z..... At other times managers bandy about phrases such as 'it is an expectation....will be deemed as.....professionalism requires....' and so on.

If you lack a bit of confidence, and certainly haven't lived through a period when Trade Unionism, organising and co-ordinating have been strong like in the past, then the skills of work related resistance won't be obvious.

I hope there is a brave soul on the staff that to an extent other staff can rally round, or that as a collective they can get good advice and support from elsewhere. I also think that if as a body they were able to join a big Union such as Unison they would get help that extends retrospectively.
    if CARD want to make good use of funds, then instead of being morally pressured to pay the Roland shortfall out of donations, CARD could pay all the staff's Union membership and subs for a year if the staff were up for it as a group.
  • Options
    Roland is a scumbag and so are those who defend him. Utter utter scumbag. How dare he do this?

I'm extremely pleased the staff are standing together (Well I'm sure apart from a couple who probably are still in Roland's pocket) and fighting this together. Hopefully they'll get the outcome they deserve and the owner soon disappears back down his hole.

The quicker this odious man leaves our club the better.

• Options
    That’s quite good ASOS.

I wonder what that could entail....

The stewards finding that a lack of transport meant they couldn’t turn up in anywhere near enough numbers for the security of the game to be guaranteed, have to be called off by old bill.

Losing all the keys to the exit gates.

Bizarre inability to get the fire alarm system working?

Total failure of the tannoy system which lets face it has been patched together for years.

No one available to open the directors box except friend Tony who’s key strangely is away to be mended.

Discovery of an unfortunate amount of pigeon shit just before the game that just can’t be cleaned up in time to make the stands safe.

An error in the electronic ticketing system that meant that the away end fans could only get in the home end and the home stands into the jimmy seed stand

Do hope none of these happen btw as it would be a shame to miss them due to prior commitments.
  • Options
    Just watched the BBC London piece. Very good coverage. Don't by Chris Slegg who was on the coach to Belgium with us.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The work to rule idea is a good one, but dare I say it would need a bit of leadership from somewhere, maybe in the form of advice, because individuals are not always aware of their contractual rights and limitations. Some contracts have wording along the lines of:...and do such work/hours necessary for x,y and z..... At other times managers bandy about phrases such as 'it is an expectation....will be deemed as.....professionalism requires....' and so on.

If you lack a bit of confidence, and certainly haven't lived through a period when Trade Unionism, organising and co-ordinating have been strong like in the past, then the skills of work related resistance won't be obvious.

I hope there is a brave soul on the staff that to an extent other staff can rally round, or that as a collective they can get good advice and support from elsewhere. I also think that if as a body they were able to join a big Union such as Unison they would get help that extends retrospectively.
    if CARD want to make good use of funds, then instead of being morally pressured to pay the Roland shortfall out of donations, CARD could pay all the staff's Union membership and subs for a year if the staff were up for it as a group.

The staff have already collectively come up with the letter to RD so it certainly looks like they are prepared to stand together, I'm assuming someone on the staff is rallying them already based on that and the fact they clearly had a meeting of some kind this morning which one would assume required someone to step up and organise. Absolutely agree they will need outside advice though, ACAS could be helpful if they aren't in a union - not everyone can afford to get lawyered up!
  • Options
    Not see this letter being emreferred to, anyone got a link/copy? Ta
  • Options
    Health and Safety issues at a public even attended even by our paltry crowds could lead to the game being called off.

As for Greenwich Council don't they have food safety inspectors, and other inspectors for local events to make sure they operate by the letter of the law?

Even then there might be discretionary powers in the hands of those obliged to keep us safe that will lead to an event being cancelled.

At the recent Lewisham East by-Election hustings in Catford the police called the event off when about 50 anti fascist demonstrators assembled outside the building, on grounds of safety. I don't believe there were any arrests either.
  • Options
    Had anyone established the format this bonus was offered to them?

Verbally, byletter, as part of their contract subject to a,b,c happening etc ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe Matthew Pennycook could help by asking the health and safety Inspectors to go round on Saturday for a scheduled visit prior to the game.

Don’t do twitter otherwise I’d ask him
  • Options
    Is there a link to the BBC piece?
  • Options

Not see this letter being emreferred to, anyone got a link/copy? Ta

Page 14 of this very thread
  • Options
    Very good piece on BBC News.
    Surely we are in the end game?
  • Options

We have been saying that for ages now lol, everytime he does something we think its because we are close to the end, but the old fucker is still hanging around
  • Options

We have been saying that for ages now lol, everytime he does something we think its because we are close to the end, but the old fucker is still hanging around
    I know, Paulie, I know. Got to cling to that shred of hope...
  • Options
    edited August 2018

We have been saying that for ages now lol, everytime he does something we think its because we are close to the end, but the old fucker is still hanging around like a bad smell
    Fixed :wink:
  • Options

Staff strike on Saturday? Gets the match postponed, more embarrassment for Roland and helps Lee Bowyer, as a few players will be back from injury for the re-arranged fixture.

Also Seb might then make it 1000 at The Valley...;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Work to rule only really works if your job involves lots of practical work.

Cutting corners stops. For instance checking every nut and bolt on a piece of machinery before starting it up. Filling out every little bit of paperwork to confirm what you’ve done. Lots of it is on the grounds of safety so there’s not a lot the firm can do about it.
  • Options
    who is the fat fella with the mic at half time? Isn’t he a fan? Maybe he should start a song of Roland out with the north stand instead of crossbar challenge next game.

Every time I think Roland has sunk to a new low, he finds a way to sink further. Does Belgium have a sports minister... maybe someone from CARD could pass them this email/letter exchange for their thoughts?
  • Options

who is the fat fella with the mic at half time? Isn’t he a fan? Maybe he should start a song of Roland out with the north stand instead of crossbar challenge next game.

Like BDL said when he resigned... its a job at the end of the day so Brian Cole (despite being advised not to take it) has to display a measure of professionalism even if the Belgians dont

Else its like wondering why the comms team instead of posting news and efl adverts dont just constantly tweet all the crap that Roland has done
  • Options

Like BDL said when he resigned... its a job at the end of the day so Brian Cole (despite being advised not to take it) has to display a measure of professionalism even if the Belgians dont

Else its like wondering why the comms team instead of posting news and efl adverts dont just constantly tweet all the crap that Roland has done
    He showed no professionalism at the Palace game in 94 leading to the club sacking him
  • Options

More media coverage coming tomorrow.

Hopefully Belgian media too. That will hurt Roland the most.