Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options
    Really sad news
  • Options
    Not sure where to put this really but some may share my enjoyment and interest in this article about a criminally underrated English fast bowler:

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1134499/for-the-love-of-snow
  • Options
    John Snow, was one of the best English fast bowlers I have seen
  • Options
    Loved him as a bowler and character. Growing up it always seemed that we would declare at 6pm and he would always take 2 wickets before the 6.30 close of play.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I really don’t think John Snow was ever underrated, not at all. Always mentioned by his peers. The reason he didn’t play as many Tests as he should have done was that he was bloody difficult bugger to deal with. Had his own opinions on many things and almost seemed to court controversy. His autobiography was called Cricket Rebel and that summed him up. Son of a vicar who was as happy writing poetry as he was scaring Aussies.
    I met him in Trinidad in ‘94 at the Test and had a nice chat, although only about the match which at the time we looked like winning. He was there hosting his group of supporters from his travel company. A very nice man, fine cricketer but never underrated.
  • Options

John Snow, was one of the best English fast bowlers I have seen

I love him in game of thrones
  • Options
    Ashes tickets day 5 at The Oval are on sale. Monday 16th September £25 and full refund if match doesn't get to day 5.
    I just bought 4.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, I've gone from being a little gutted at Worcs losing Joe Clarke to really rather pleased. Albeit for some fairly horrendous reasons
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Meanwhile, I've gone from being a little gutted at Worcs losing Joe Clarke to really rather pleased. Albeit for some fairly horrendous reasons

Really not very "gratifying" circumstances in any sense of the meaning of the word. It also cost Rhodes his job.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmmm, comes over as a nasty piece of work.
  • Options

Ashes tickets day 5 at The Oval are on sale. Monday 16th September £25 and full refund if match doesn't get to day 5.
    I just bought 4.

Good shout @Covered End There a few tickets available for each of the first 4 days too but not many.
    Anyone heard anything from the Lords ballot?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I just bought 4.

Good shout @Covered End There a few tickets available for each of the first 4 days too but not many.
    It only closes tomorrow. Don’t imagine any news until March.
  • Options
    Only single tickets I could see on the first four days. No 2 together.

Chanced 4 for day 5 but probably need rain one or maybe two days before. Still be great if it comes off.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I just bought 4.

We've already got tickets for Day 1 at The Oval & day 5 at Lords and have applied for day 3 in The Lords ballot.
    Plus we have England WC tickets for WI at Southampton and Australia at Lords.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

I just bought 4.

Tempted!

Any suggestions on the better areas for views/bars?
  • Options

I just bought 4.

Tempted!

OCS block 11 (serious).
  • Options

I just bought 4.

Tempted!

OCS block 11 (serious).
    View not blocked by the slips etc?
  • Options
    I’ve got tickets now for the first day of the series and the last! 1st two days at Lords too via MCC member mate and 2nd day at Oval, friends debenture.
  • Options

I just bought 4.

Tempted!

OCS block 11 (serious).
    It's as close as you'll get for a view behind the stumps as blocks 12 & 13 are sold out.
    Mind, you might prefer a side on view, but personally I don't as a rule.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I just bought 4.

Tempted!

OCS block 11 (serious).
    It's as close as you'll get for a view behind the stumps as blocks 12 & 13 are sold out.
    Mind, you might prefer a side on view, but personally I don't as a rule.
    Ok cheers for the advice mate.
  • Options

Riviera said:

I just bought 4.

We've already got tickets for Day 1 at The Oval & day 5 at Lords and have applied for day 3 in The Lords ballot.
    I'm not bothering with the Lord's ballot, it's too expensive! Going to Day 2 at The Oval, Day 3 at Edgbaston and Day 1 at Old Trafford
  • Options

Riviera said:

I just bought 4.

I'm not bothering with the Lord's ballot, it's too expensive! Going to Day 2 at The Oval, Day 3 at Edgbaston and Day 1 at Old Trafford
    Is Edgbaston & Old Trafford much cheaper than Lords, when you add on travel costs ? Genuine question.
  • Options

Only single tickets I could see on the first four days. No 2 together.

Chanced 4 for day 5 but probably need rain one or maybe two days before. Still be great if it comes off.

Late in the year too so more chance of rain at some point in the 5dsys, which could either help reach a 5th day or ruin it!
  • Options

Riviera said:

I just bought 4.

Is Edgbaston & Old Trafford much cheaper than Lords, when you add on travel costs ? Genuine question.
    Edgbaston was £90. Advance Trains are very cheap, as it's a Saturday. Old Trafford was £63 (in the party stand!). I'll have to be alert with the advance tickets for that (as it's a Wednesday)

• Options
    We applied for Edrich Lower middle section at Lords £75.
  • Options

We applied for Edrich Lower middle section at Lords £75.

Just taken a punt on restricted view seats!
  • Options

Riviera said:

I just bought 4.

Decent seat at Lords is £150, very expensive considering a Club Badge at Cheltenham is only £82. The Lower Edrich and Compton are awful. If Lords were £200 they'd still sell out for The Ashes.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I just bought 4.

Decent seat at Lords is £150, very expensive considering a Club Badge at Cheltenham is only £82. The Lower Edrich and Compton are awful. If Lords were £200 they'd still sell out for The Ashes.
    I can't take sitting in the baking sun all day, so Edrich Lower middle would be good for me.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I just bought 4.

£150 for the Grandstand, Mound and Compton Upper on days 1,2,3 is extortionate. It makes the Wimbledon Men's Final (£225) seem like a bargain!