Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Rudders22 said:

I am watching it now. Missed the start as waiting for a vacum cleaner to be delivered... Is that a black armband Anderson is wearing and who is that in ttibute to?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2018/12/29/andrew-strauss-wife-dies-46-battle-lung-cancer/
    Oh of course... thanks for posting that mate.
  • Steve Bruce is watching on in the stands.

He was appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager at the start of the month but will not take over until February due to "personal reasons".

I'm sure the difference between the current snow in Sheffield and sun in Barbados had nothing to do with that decision.
  • I really rate Sammy Curran but do not think he is nearly ready to be the 2nd seamer
  • Kraigg Brathwaite really is the throwback's throwback, isn't he?
  • Broad was fuming according to Big Steve Harmison, not surprised.
  • Yeah, an unfortunate one. But Curran has made himself undroppable. Who do you leave out? Either Buttler or Foakes. But you can't do that either. So here we are.
  • I mean, I'd have left out Bloody Jennings and made Bairstow open, but whatever
  • Leuth said:

Yeah, an unfortunate one. But Curran has made himself undroppable. Who do you leave out? Either Buttler or Foakes. But you can't do that either. So here we are.

Rashid or Moeen depending on the pitch?

But then Leach can consider himself unlucky too
  • No I think two spinners is good. Prefer Leach to Rashid as well tbh
  • But we've been through this a million times and it usually ends with Rashid getting some important wickets
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

No I think two spinners is good. Prefer Leach to Rashid as well tbh

Yeah Leach over Rashid all day
  • To me Curran might have had a great start to his England career, but he's not a 2nd/3rd seamer.
  • Steve Bruce is watching on in the stands.

He was appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager at the start of the month but will not take over until February due to "personal reasons".

I'm sure the difference between the current snow in Sheffield and sun in Barbados had nothing to do with that decision.
    Indeed this is the reason why he's not taking over until February! I wonder what the Wednesday fans think :smile:
  • Curran is a 3rd seamer, Stokes a 4th. Our problem is too much batting. One of the batsmen has to go.
  • I suspect Broad was not picked because of his suspect batting against the fast bowlers since getting smashed in the face by Arun.
  • Sweeping every ball was always going to fail in the end. West Indies keep unearthing talented players who play stupid shots :(
  • edited January 2019
    53-1

Campbell lbw Moeen 44
  • Addickted said:

I suspect Broad was not picked because of his suspect batting against the fast bowlers since getting smashed in the face by Arun.

He's a number 9 or 10 though. Runs are great, but wickets are most important
  • Brathwaite chucks his 'throwback' tag in the trash with a rather hefty six
  • Leuth said:

But we've been through this a million times and it usually ends with Rashid getting some important wickets

And being spanked for a lot in getting them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Leuth said:

Curran is a 3rd seamer, Stokes a 4th. Our problem is too much batting. One of the batsmen has to go.

Agree with this. I’d have dropped Buttler for Broad.
  • edited January 2019

Leuth said:

Curran is a 3rd seamer, Stokes a 4th. Our problem is too much batting. One of the batsmen has to go.

Cant drop Buttler after the season he had last season.

It sounds like England have mis-read the pitch - they could be in trouble already with the likes of Gabriel,Roach and Holder to bowl at them.

The only obvious change would have been Broad for Rashid - they obviously thought it would be a spinners wicket which seems to have been negated already by 1) WI batting and now us eventually bowling in 3rd innings not 4th.

But,still early days.
  • I mean you win games with wickets and the only person to take a wicket so far is a spinner. Let’s not get carried away during the first session of a Test series.
  • I mean you win games with wickets and the only person to take a wicket so far is a spinner. Let’s not get carried away during the first session of a Test series.

As i said, its early days.
  • As much as I want England to win this series Test cricket is all the better with a decent west Indian side.
    So I'm hoping we win 3 competitive tests.
  • I'm looking forward to seeing their new kid off the block..Hetmeyer.
  • Just got home to have first look at the strip - looks to have a green tinge.
    They showed Rashids lengths - quite impressed so far.
  • Stokes gets Brathwaite
  • edited January 2019
    Brathwaite c Root b Stokes 40

126-2
  • Leuth said:

Not a chance, Buttler has been in great form and should be third choice batsman behind Root and Bairstow. Think we made a mistake playing Curran if we are only going to play 3 seamers.

Personally would have gone with 6 bowlers especially seeing as Ali, Curran, Stokes and Woakes can bat. Rashid not exactly the worst number 10 either