Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Bravo lbw Stokes 2

128-3
  • Poor shot from Bravo - just played down the wrong line, Plumb LBW.
  • Reminder that Leuth doesn't think Stokes gets in a world 11... :-)
  • Ian Bishop just said that he had concerns about Bravo as he has only played ONE first class game in last 2 years.
  • Rain stopped play.
  • Of course they could play Broad too if the captain would agree to bat at 3 for the long term. We could then move Bairstow up to open instead of Jennings - would give us 4 seamers and 2 spinners and a really good RH/LH balance

Bairstow (RH)
    Burns (LH)
    Root (RH)
    Stokes (LH)
    Buttler (RH)
    Ali (LH)
    Foakes (RH)
    Curran (LH)
    Rashid (RH)
    Broad (LH)
    Anderson (LH)
  • edited January 2019
    133-3 play resumed.

2 wickets against the West Indies hardly going to change my mind!

Just don't think he's a good enough batsman or bowler, although as an all-rounder he wouldn't be too far away. He'd be in the squad to play Mars
  • Unless Martians were galaxy-class players of spin, then I guess he'd be considered
  • Stokes is the best all-rounder on any planet - even Mars. No-one even gets close. The only one who does is Ali, and he has the backbone of a Xmas cracker fish.
  • Sponsored links:

I don't think Stokes gets anywhere near the world 11! Averaging 34 with the bat & 33 with the ball is hardly inspiring numbers

I don't think Stokes gets anywhere near the world 11! Averaging 34 with the bat & 33 with the ball is hardly inspiring numbers
    What are the figures of the other leading world all-rounders?

Let me start,
    Moeen Ali is 30 and 37 respectively.

Shakib is 40bat 33ball, Jadeja is 32bat 24ball, Ashwin is 29bat 25ball, Philander is 25bat 22ball all much much better players than Stokes

Shakib is 40bat 33ball, Jadeja is 32bat 24ball, Ashwin is 29bat 25ball, Philander is 25bat 22ball all much much better players than Stokes
    Ok, i'll leave it up to the general vote, who would you rather have in your World XI?...

Shakib
    Jadeja
    Ashwin
    Philander

or...
    Stokes.
  • Just got in from work, stupid not to play Broad. Anderson has just completed his 16th over of the day. Stokes, Foakes and Curran have to score a lot of runs to make it look even half a good idea.
  • If anyone's interested in the cricket it's,

174-4

Hope c Foakes b Anderson 57
  • Buttler drops Hetmyer.
  • I'd have Ashwin over Rashid or Ali that's for sure. Could probably find a place for Philander and all
  • Hetmyer has a huge pedigree - great hopes for him in Windies. Will be a huge superstar they believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Joe Root giving himself a bowl. Never a good sign!
  • Hetmyer reminds me of Garfield Sobers.
    You can see he's pure class.
  • Par score at Barbados for last 5 tests is 255 for first innings.
  • Why is Root continuing to bowl?
  • Jimmy bowled 20 overs for 28 runs.

Apparently they are using Duke balls - is that recent?
  • Jimmy gets Chase for 54
  • edited January 2019
    240-5.
  • Another one for Jimmy, Dowrich out for 0
  • Dowrich c Buttler b Anderson 0

250-6.
  • Another one for Jimmy, Holder goes