Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options

Ashes tickets day 5 at The Oval are on sale. Monday 16th September £25 and full refund if match doesn't get to day 5.
    I just bought 4.

3 of us booked tickets today CE, cheers for the heads up. Went near the front of OCS Block 10.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Not sure where to put this really but some may share my enjoyment and interest in this article about a criminally underrated English fast bowler:

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1134499/for-the-love-of-snow

Cricket does Inspire some lovely writing ...the above is a beautiful example ...

Incidentally I can remember John snows run up and action as if it were yesterday...also remember me and my dad listening to the famous higgs and snow last wicket partnership on the transistor radio whilst watching a game at the valley

Thankyou @LenGlover enjoyed that
  • Options
    lolwray said:

LenGlover said:

Not sure where to put this really but some may share my enjoyment and interest in this article about a criminally underrated English fast bowler:

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1134499/for-the-love-of-snow

Cricket does Inspire some lovely writing ...the above is a beautiful example ...

Incidentally I can remember John snows run up and action as if it were yesterday...also remember me and my dad listening to the famous higgs and snow last wicket partnership on the transistor radio whilst watching a game at the valley

Thankyou @LenGlover enjoyed that
    Ha! My Dad was on a late shift that day and couldn't leave the TV and was late for work!

• Options
    Are any Lifers in Bridgetown ? I’m thinking of popping along to the warm up match tomorrow
  • Options
    West Indies recall Darren Bravo to Test side after 2 year absence.
  • Options

Are any Lifers in Bridgetown ? I’m thinking of popping along to the warm up match tomorrow

If you can hang on for a month I 'll be there for the 1 dayers
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Unfortunately, I fly back on Saturday (I’m not here for the cricket, didn’t even realise that next week’s first test was here until today !)
  • Options
    edited January 2019

lolwray said:

Unfortunately, I fly back on Saturday (I’m not here for the cricket, didn’t even realise that next week’s first test was here until today !)
    Shame on you.
    What else do you go to Bridgetown for other than watch the cricket.?
  • Options

lolwray said:

Shame on you.
    Hangs head in shame
  • Options

lolwray said:

Shame on you.
    The glass bottomed submarine. Been there done that.......and walked past the cricket ground afterwards (sadlly no cricket on that day).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uninspiring 284 all out from England today, a young off spinner (Bryan Charles) picking up 5 wickets
  • Options
    Olly Stone ruled out of the tour with a back injury
  • Options

Bloody hell - tour hasnt even started !
    I get the feeling that Stone is going to be like that (easily injury prone)
  • Options

Bloody hell - tour hasnt even started !
    I get the feeling that Stone is going to be like that (easily injury prone)
    Lucky he's not a footballer or we'd be signing him.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/46899561

The President's XI finish on 203-19! That says something about the quality of the opposition, and the farcical nature of modern warm up matches
  • Options

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/46899561

The President's XI finish on 203-19! That says something about the quality of the opposition, and the farcical nature of modern warm up matches

And we still drew the match eve though we scored 100 more runs than the opposition as well as taking 2 innings worth of wickets. Bizarre.
  • Options
    What is the point in a 2 day warm up game, waste of time.
  • Options

Broad doesn't think so. 4 in 5 balls including a hat trick.
  • Options

The point is that it gave the team a day batting, and a day bowling. If it had rained you'd have moaned that they were undercooked! They only have the second 2-day game prior to the 1st test...
  • Options

Mark Wood to replace. Michael Vaughn will be pleased...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jofra Archer has been bowling all over the place this morning in the BB. Went for 19 off 10 balls with wides and more to the point too many waist high no balls that have meant that he is now banned from bowling again in the match.
  • Options
    Over in India the Lions lost their first warm up game.

Eng 255-6
    Davies 100
    Billings 31
    Pope 21

Board XI 256-6 49.2
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Eng 255-6
    Davies 100
    Billings 31
    Pope 21

Board XI 256-6 49.2

Just what England need, another keeper (Alex Davies) who's good with the bat! Indeed we could have a whole batting lineup of middle order batsman/keepers...

Bairstow
    Buttler
    Foakes
    Billings
    Pope
    Alex Davies

plus the likes of Steven Davies
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Eng 255-6
    Davies 100
    Billings 31
    Pope 21

Board XI 256-6 49.2

Just what England need, another keeper (Alex Davies) who's good with the bat! Indeed we could have a whole batting lineup of middle order batsman/keepers...

Bairstow
    Buttler
    Foakes
    Billings
    Pope
    Alex Davies

plus the likes of Steven Davies
    Burns used to keep. Infact he did it as recently as last season for Surrey
  • Options
    Surrey?
  • Options

Surrey?

Championies
  • Options
    Lions 104 all out in a one day tour match against the Board X1 and lost by 5 wickets - Billings 52 of them with 9 of the batsmen failing to make double figures!
  • Options
    Porter 5-36 in their innings.
  • Options
    Rubbish batting performance, only lasting 22 overs. According to the scorecard Pope kept wicket as Davies was presumably rested. Bit weird to have a part time keeper keeping instead of Billings, who's perfectly capably of captaining and keeping wicket.
  • Options

Rubbish batting performance, only lasting 22 overs. According to the scorecard Pope kept wicket as Davies was presumably rested. Bit weird to have a part time keeper keeping instead of Billings, who's perfectly capably of captaining and keeping wicket.

Or it's a lions tour and is about giving young players a chance to show what they can do.

They already know what Billings can do behind the stumps. Let's see what Pope is about.