Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• And another one, him and Broad bowling together would have been good.........
  • Holder c&b Anderson 5

261-7

Magnificent bowling.
  • Would really like this Test to go 5 days - well, 4 at least, be nice to watch Pboro game on IFollow then change to watch the last 2 sessions of the 4th day.
  • Stokes picks up roach, 264-8
  • Close of play.
  • Anderson and Stokes both superb today. Leaving out Broad looks like a serious mistake

• Class from Anderson. Keep it tight until you can get he breakthrough then go all out for the new men in.
  • Honestly think we have misread the conditions..broad should be playing and Rashid should be carrying the drinks ...
  • Sponsored links:

• My other 3 younger sons got the hump but fuck them we had a good day.

hahahahaha
  • Glad you enjoyed though mate - would love to follow England away one day.
  • The short sharp shower took place about 15 ish mins before tea was due ... nothing was said over tannoy so around where I was sitting no one actually knew the tea break had happened ...
  • Glad you enjoyed though mate - would love to follow England away one day.

I’m sure you will one day .
    The atmosphere is great and no agg whatsover , a good laugh
  • Hetmeyer taking a single off the first ball of the last over is amateur hour , he was well set and then he exposes no.9
    I’m out here for the Test due to mrs letting me take my 13 year old out of school for a birthday treat , I booked it before she could change her mind .
    Obviously the school aren’t happy and it’s unauthorised time off against him .
    My other 3 younger sons got the hump but fuck them we had a good day.
    Toilets broken down in our stand and no signs of out of order on them and actual khazis in next section out of service as well , just pissers available , I’ve told my son all poooos at the hotel .
    Run out of beer at 10.45am in one of the gaffs (game started at 10.00am)
    All very random as you’d expect .
    They were taking cigarettes ,lighters and water off punters coming in but they could have been smuggled in easily , all very random and Caribbean carnage as you’d expect .
    Sat next to a retired old fella who was an Everton season ticket holder and regular away traveller who follows England abroad at cricket .
    So I asked him what happens for clubs with proper away support and getting tickets (serious I did ) mentioning we sell a game or two out a season and our lot have a meltdown ....
    He said they have a point system and he wasn’t allowed to get a Bournemouth one early on (1,100 on sale ) so he was immediately down the pecking order even though he wanted one .
    Their system would include the previous seasons points, i was a few beers in and he lost me .
    He loved Lookman and hates Liverpool so we had that in common .

You do alright fella! Ashe last year and now this. Top work.
    As for away support, I hear we've taken 10,000 out there? When was the last time CAFC took 10k away? FA Cup 1/4 1994 at Old Trafford I'd say.
  • Riviera said:

Hetmeyer taking a single off the first ball of the last over is amateur hour , he was well set and then he exposes no.9
    I’m out here for the Test due to mrs letting me take my 13 year old out of school for a birthday treat , I booked it before she could change her mind .
    Toilets broken down in our stand and no signs of out of order on them and actual khazis in next section out of service as well , just pissers available , I’ve told my son all poooos at the hotel .
    They were taking cigarettes ,lighters and water off punters coming in but they could have been smuggled in easily , all very random and Caribbean carnage as you’d expect .
    Sat next to a retired old fella who was an Everton season ticket holder and regular away traveller who follows England abroad at cricket .
    So I asked him what happens for clubs with proper away support and getting tickets (serious I did ) mentioning we sell a game or two out a season and our lot have a meltdown ....
    He said they have a point system and he wasn’t allowed to get a Bournemouth one early on (1,100 on sale ) so he was immediately down the pecking order even though he wanted one .
    Their system would include the previous seasons points, i was a few beers in and he lost me .

As for away support, I hear we've taken 10,000 out there? When was the last time CAFC took 10k away? FA Cup 1/4 1994 at Old Trafford I'd say.
    What a stupid think to say, and I think we might have taken more than 10,000 to the play off final
  • edited January 2019

Hetmeyer taking a single off the first ball of the last over is amateur hour , he was well set and then he exposes no.9

I suppose to a certain extent it was a bit like a night watchman situation, where the NW is expected to take as much of the strike as poss to increase the chance of the established batter being there next morning.

Hetmyer certainly looks the biz though, one observation of him is how he easily 'picked' Rashid from ball 1- i wonder how he will be on the seaming English wickets? might struggle at first, but i'm sure he'll work it out very quickly.

Roots leggies were a bit comical - even i picked them.
  • Riviera said:

What a stupid think to say, and I think we might have taken more than 10,000 to the play off final
    Hmmmmm I don't think you are in on the joke. No need for the abuse.
    Wembley is not an away fixture, it's a neutral ground.
  • edited January 2019
    Wow, 10 thousand Charlton fans in Barbados - who are we playing?
    I remember being in Barbados when we had an impromptu game of footy against the local Bridgetown team, who, i believe (could be wrong), were called Everton?

EDIT: I was right, they were called Everton and they won the BArbados Championship in 1987..

Barbados - List of Champions

1987 Everton (Bridgetown)
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Hmmmmm I don't think you are in on the joke. No need for the abuse.
    Wembley is not an away fixture, it's a neutral ground.
    Are you a Charlton supporter? you say when did CAFC take 10.000 away not when did we take 10.000 away, and Wembley is sure away from Charlton
  • Wow, 10 thousand Charlton fans in Barbados - who are we playing?
    I remember being in Barbados when we had an impromptu game of footy against the local Bridgetown team, who, i believe (could be wrong), were called Everton?

EDIT: I was right, they were called Everton and they won the BArbados Championship in 1987..

The great Everton Weekes is also from Barbados, his dad was an Everton fan
  • Just read that Hetmyer landed an IPL deal worth $590,000 .
  • Wow, 10 thousand Charlton fans in Barbados - who are we playing?

The great Everton Weekes is also from Barbados, his dad was an Everton fan
    Lucky he didn't support Scunthorpe.
  • 289-9

Joseph c Buttler b Anderson 0
  • 289 All Out

Hetmeyer c Foakes b Stokes 81
  • 5 for Anderson
    4 for Stokes.
  • edited January 2019

5 for Anderson
    4 for Stokes.

Massively more economical than the other 3 bowlers too
  • 5 for Anderson
    4 for Stokes.

Massively more economical than the other 3 bowlers too
    Bit harsh on Root - 5-0-10-0
  • Anderson's figures of 30-13-46-5 are remarkable. To have that control not to concede and skill to take 5 wickets, at the age of 36, is an example of why he is our greatest ever fast bowler of all time by a country mile.