Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burton v Charlton Post Match Views

Comments

• The amount of times that’s happened to us over the last few years I think we deserved that today. So often we’re the side who can’t finish our chances and the other team takes advantage late on. It feels good to be on the winning side for once
  • How we won’t that game I do not know, I would go as far as saying that was one of the worst performances I have seen from a Charlton side in my 26 years of supporting them! We looked so disinterested! Fosu was absolutely shocking!

No disrespect to him but what summed it up for me was that bar one shank into the stand, I thought Naby was brilliant tonight! Solly also didn’t stop, all game had no protection from our diamond formation which we were lucky enough to win with this evening.

Support was excellent!
  • That's how you win promotion, win ugly

Thank you for grear birthday present charlton
  • Good point about the diamond formation. It's entirely probable that Naby got more support from Aribo than Solly got from whoever was supposed to be on the right (Lapslie? Fosu?), making Solly more exposed to the man cutting inside
  • And, I mean, Aribo, lovely that he is, isn't so good at defensive support
  • Winning when playing that badly is surely a sign of character/luck/promotability (delete as appropriate).

It must give Lee Bowyer very mixed emotions. 3 points in the bag; four wins on the spin; play that poorly against a more clinical side and we'll get thrashed.
  • Sounds like we missed Cullen big time tonight as we did Saturday.

But a win is a win.
  • Up there with the Rochdale game as one of the worst away performances - Burton bossed us from the off and was very impressed with Hesketh who caused problems all night for Sarr and Aribo.

Wasnt a fan of the commentators tonight on iFollow yet agreed with the fact the Liam Boyce should have changed it up a bit instead of attacking Solly the whole timw

As for us, as already mentioned its one of those wins that you get when your in a proper promotion battle, it still might be a place in the Play-Offs at best but think we'll be challenging for better prizes for longer and better positions in the Play-Offs come May
  • Sponsored links:

• Darren Pitcher RIP, a type of victory you might of enjoyed. 3 juicy points
  • razil said:

We’re my eyes deceiving me or did Sarr make a ‘world class last ditch tackle’?

He did indeed

• A smash and grab away win on a cold night in November. What’s not to like?
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow, only tracked BBC feed and looked from the stats if we weren't even second best.

But 3 points is 3 points, not going to complain.

Glad to hear about Nabby, despite his ability to make howlers there's something I really like about him.

And how many penalties have we had this season, we normally get one or two a season max.

• Back at the hotel

Well done charlton fans, quality away support.

Burton did a job on us and will be fustrated, we had chances ourselfs, but best time to win it
  • Surely the point of a diamond is that you only line up that way when you have the ball? Loose it and two banks of four with Taylor roaming. We shouldn't be getting overloaded wide.
  • I agree about the diamond exposing Solly.

Certain teams overload our full-backs and I'm not sure why we don't go to 3-5-2 to combat this, dropping Bielik back into RCB, with Solly and the LB out to RWB and LWB. A midfield 3 of Aribo, Lapslie and Fosu/Ward. It never happens, but it would make me less anxious.

Well played to the supporters there, loud and clear throughout.
  • Surely the point of a diamond is that you only line up that way when you have the ball? Loose it and two banks of four with Taylor roaming. We shouldn't be getting overloaded wide.

Exactly. Burton dragged our midfield all over the place which left massive gaps out wide loss count amount of balls we let come into our box because of it
  • If we had 700 there 400 of em were in the seats !

No way 700 be lucky to hit 500 Imo

But they sang all game