Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ECB’s “The Hundred”

Comments

• Options
    It will be interesting how the 100 copes once the India series starts, removing most of the main commentators and much of the cricket media attention. 
  • Options
    I enjoyed last night's game in spite of not having a feeling over which team to cheer for.

According to Wikipedia, the Oval invincibles are supposed to represent the historic counties of Surrey and Kent, so I ought to be cheering for them. But they only had one solitary Kent player on duty....
  • Options
    I enjoyed last night's game in spite of not having a feeling over which team to cheer for.

According to Wikipedia, the Oval invincibles are supposed to represent the historic counties of Surrey and Kent, so I ought to be cheering for them. But they only had one solitary Kent player on duty....
    who played a blinder and won man of the match, a lesson in that surely...
  • Options
    My cricket mad nephew asked me which side I was going to support in the 100 competition last night. Had me a bit stumped* tbh as I've never really had to make a conscious decision about who to get behind in any sport before. 

He's gone for the Brave (silly not to call them Southern Braves tbh) and they are the nearest team to both of us so will probably plump for them over my usual leaning towards Surrey, which was the closest county ground to me growing up.

Or I might chose someone else, just for the "bantz" with him. Either way it feels strange to be making a decision as to who to follow.

*see what I did there! 
  • Options

The Surrey players need a Kent player to lead them to victory. And to be fair, Billings did a great job as Captain, it seems quite a busy job Captaining a 100 side, with all the new gimmicks twists, like whether to have a bowler bowl a 10 run "over"
  • Options
    My cricket mad nephew asked me which side I was going to support in the 100 competition last night. Had me a bit stumped* tbh as I've never really had to make a conscious decision about who to get behind in any sport before. 

He's gone for the Brave (silly not to call them Southern Braves tbh) and they are the nearest team to both of us so will probably plump for them over my usual leaning towards Surrey, which was the closest county ground to me growing up.

Or I might chose someone else, just for the "bantz" with him. Either way it feels strange to be making a decision as to who to follow.

*see what I did there! 
    I find the same when watching overseas T20 matches on TV. It's pleasant enough background entertainment, but I really don't care about the outcome.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

The Surrey players need a Kent player to lead them to victory. And to be fair, Billings did a great job as Captain, it seems quite a busy job Captaining a 100 side, with all the new gimmicks twists, like whether to have a bowler bowl a 10 run "over"
    to be honest its one of my criticisms of last night - both captains were the wicketkeepers, there were delays with the keeper running down to the bowlers mark, chatting to the bowler and then running back, then making fielding changes. Always thought best place for the captain was mid off...

If they want to make cricket a speedier operation in this competition (as evidenced by the countdowns between changing ends etc) they need to look at this tbh.
  • Options
    Hard to do a stumping from mid off though 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Hard to do a stumping from mid off though 
    Get with the times Grandad, this is the new era of cricket  :D
  • Options
    Cricket for millennials, once I saw the DJ and band, I switched over 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The world cup that we won in 2019 had a terrible guitarist and dj's and explosions during the game (tv viewers may have been spared). should we hand back the world cup because it's just not cricket? 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    DA9 said:
    Again, not sure 40 year olds are the target audience!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Because this is now very clearly cricket related…

Millennials (Gen Y) = ages 40 to 24

“Zoomers” (Gen Z) = ages 24 to … 11 or 6 (depends on when the generation ended in 2010 or 2015)

Gen Alpha = ages 10 or 5 downwards
  • Options

Yes he sure did! Klaassen was impressive for Manchester too 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    It is entertaining but as somebody said, is it that different to T20? For me, you can fit T20 into a decent amount of time for evening games so you don't really need a shorter format. I'll stick my colours to the Oval Invincibles mask and see how it goes.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Thanks for saying I’m only 40 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    DA9 said:
    no, I'm saying there are millenials that are 40. So i don't think it's "cricket for millenials".
  • Options
    I really don’t like KP.
    I find him incredibly patronising 🙄
  • Options
    I really don’t like KP.
    Ditto ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:
    DA9 said:
    no, I'm saying there are millenials that are 40. So i don't think it's "cricket for millenials".
    The lord giveth, the lord taketh away 
  • Options
    I do find KP incredibly annoying. At least Warnie is coaching in this so I'm spared his rubbish too. 
  • Options
    What do people think of the kits? I can't decide if I absolutely hate them. Kent's T20 kit is a thing of beauty in contrast
  • Options
    What do people think of the kits? I can't decide if I absolutely hate them. Kent's T20 kit is a thing of beauty in contrast

The kits, flashing bails, white ball and the other general razzmatazz are all fine and been done many a time before
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Birmingham's kit is a nightmare , I'm red green Colourblind and it's iffy to see
  • Options
    I really don’t like KP.
    I really don’t like KP.
    Ditto ! 
    Well done ladies, that's a jolly big word. You've both done very well there. 

😉
  • Options
    50 up for Zak
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I really don’t like KP.
    I really don’t like KP.
    Ditto ! 
    Well done ladies, that's a jolly big word. You've both done very well there. 

😉
    Ooooh you are awful.

But I like you 😘
  • Options
    Crawley is a lurch ain’t he? Or is Bopara a midget?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I do find KP incredibly annoying. 
    Because they're sponsoring the Invincibles?  :D