Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    se9addick said:
    I think I have worked it out, maybe Golfie doesn't like to think of the Europa League as "Being in Europe" because then he has to admit to hinself that the lot from Bermondsey have been in Europe recently 
    I think that lot from Bermondsey only got as far as the qualifiers? If so it doesn’t count. 

(if they got past the qualifiers I’ll have to come up with another reason why it doesn’t count). 
    Did they play a competitive game in the continent of Europe, outside of the English & Scottish competitions and friendlies?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    I think I have worked it out, maybe Golfie doesn't like to think of the Europa League as "Being in Europe" because then he has to admit to hinself that the lot from Bermondsey have been in Europe recently 
    I think that lot from Bermondsey only got as far as the qualifiers? If so it doesn’t count. 

(if they got past the qualifiers I’ll have to come up with another reason why it doesn’t count). 
    Did they play a competitive game in the continent of Europe, outside of the English & Scottish competitions and friendlies?
    Yes. Got knocked out in the first round of the UEFA Cup 4-2 on aggregate by the unseeded Hungarian side Ferencvaros.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Redhenry said:
    Yeah or he could still be playing for Charlton. 
    and missing out on 12k a week :)
    Depends on why you play football I suppose. If it's to test yourself against the best players you can, in some of the best stadiums that you can then Premier League or The Championship is the way to go. If its to pick up the money & you dont care if you are playing in front of 5k fans every other week or against players that would just about make League 1 then stay in The Scottish Premiership.
    Or play in Europe and go to the Prem after. 
    What do you class as playing in Europe...?Playing Champions League football against Barcelona and Real Madrid.......or Europa league football against Dudelange and Qarabag FK.
    Lol

What does this even mean.

Both are European competitions so both are playing in Europe.

What point are you trying to make
    It means he's not playing in the main Competition that top players aspire too, ie The Champions League.

FWIW Carl Leaburn scored in Europe.....
    He's already played against the Swiss champions, soon to be Danish champions, Porto, Feyenoord and soon Braga.

Ok it's not Barca and Real, but these are some decent sides. Braga for example beat Porto to win the league cup and won away at both Benfica and Porto in the league.

He wouldn't exactly be facing that level of team if he'd gone to a championship side would he? When he retires do you think he'd look back with pride at his trips to Luton and Wigan, or the European nights at Porto and Feyenoord?
    Exactly. European football is European football. If we ever qualified for the Europa League and had an away day at Ludogorets we'd be (quite rightly) creaming ourselves. I don't think the Scottish Prem is doing much for his development, but a packed Ibrox on European nights or an awayday to Porto is something he'll be able to tell his grandchildren about.
    Although they will probably keep asking him to tell his Wembley play off story first. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

Yes. Got knocked out in the first round of the UEFA Cup 4-2 on aggregate by the unseeded Hungarian side Ferencvaros.
    Ah right, so it was first round proper? That’s a blow. 
  • Options
    Aribo is competing to win the league, did the cup final, playing in europe and maybe champs league next year... learning from steve g and playing alongside other players like defoe... its a good move for him. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    2121 said:
    Aribo is competing to win the league, did the cup final, playing in europe and maybe champs league next year... learning from steve g and playing alongside other players like defoe... its a good move for him. 
    Questionable. 12 points behind Celtic in February.
  • Options
    Oh ok, just assumed. Probably last looked In november 😂
  • Options
    No Joe yet, hopefully he’ll be on soon 
  • Options
    Cracking result for Rangers that. Thought they’d get stuffed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Weird stadium, but lots of fun and a brilliant result for Rangers - shame Charlton had to go and spoil a good night! 
  • Options
    Ahh I miss Joe :(
  • Options
    Awful result for them last night. Aribo the only one to come out of it with any credit apparently.
  • Options
    Bottom of the table Hamilton won at Rangers , that’s the equivalent of the Dog & Duck reserve team 

losing to the local u-6s 
  • Options
    Will be a cricket score when Leverkusen play them
  • Options
    Aribo trending on twitter. Rangers fans saying he’s the only player who comes out of today’s game with any credibility.
  • Options
    Scored tonight as Rangers won 3-0 and go top of the table.

Very rare in the last decade but Celtic now playing catch up.
  • Options
    At the risk of upsetting DickiePlumb and his dislike of threads on old players, I see Aribo came on as a 90th minute substitute in Rangers' win over Celtic at the weekend.

Must admit I don't follow Scottish football that closely so would be interested to know has Aribo fallen down the pecking order or has he generally been playing but was just "rested" from this game for some reason?

Anyone heard any rumours about him possibly coming back to England? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the risk of upsetting DickiePlumb and his dislike of threads on old players, I see Aribo came on as a 90th minute substitute in Rangers' win over Celtic at the weekend.

Must admit I don't follow Scottish football that closely so would be interested to know has Aribo fallen down the pecking order or has he generally been playing but was just "rested" from this game for some reason?

I thought he got injured and was out for 6 weeks, so I’m guessing he’s coming back from injury?
  • Options

He is only just coming back from injury
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Joe seems to be over his injury and put in a solid performance yesterday picking up a goal. Gerrard clearly rates him.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    £20m+ - I’ve heard it all now.
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:

Sorry to bump this, back for my quarterly visit to your forum and saw this, he’s had a bad run of luck with injuries but he’s one of our better players. Gerrard is big on squad rotation so he hopefully he can get back up to match fitness asap. The general consensus is Aribo could fetch £20m+ He’s was performing at such a high standard in Europe and the league. Incredible feet. No rumours of him leaving yet and hopefully none for a few seasons. 
    £20M will be even more painful when he runs down his contract with you to take the next step up in his career by joining a team like Burnley for free in a season or two.
    I would just love it....love it.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    £20m+ - I’ve heard it all now.
    What do you mean? Young, bags of potential and internationalist... In a world where your Oli McBurnie’s are worth 20m then Aribo will fetch at least that. Go watch his goal V Braga at Ibrox. He’s already bossed every midfield he’s come up against. I’m willing to make a wee charity bet with you that we’ll receive upwards of £15m+ for Aribo when that time comes.