Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Aribo was clearly going to be a very good player. Should’ve been signed up on a long deal way before any thoughts of him leaving had taken seed. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    £20m+ - I’ve heard it all now.
    Do you think that’s low ?
    I think it’s too high. We are talking about a player that has played no higher than league 1 in England and in a poor  league in Scotland for 1 and a bit seasons. I know the market is well over inflated but I just can’t see teams willing to pay in excess of £20m. 
    I like the player - and really want him to go on a do really well. He was a class act at Charlton no doubt. I just don’t think he has been tested at a high enough level just yet. 
    He's played well in Europe for Rangers and also now has caps for Nigeria.

Arsenal paid 25m for Kieran Tierney who'd played in that same poor league (only for a bit longer) and he's a left back. 

If Aribo does well next season and then at the African Nations Cup, i think he'd easily cost 20m+ if sold in the summer of 2022.
  • Options
    Aaron Henry? Looks a good player and only 17. 
    Gomez already looked like one of the best players on the pitch at Championship level by that age. Not saying Henry can’t make it but it’s nearly impossible to compare anyone coming through to Joe. He was a once in a decade plus talent.
    I didn't. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    wmcf123 said:
    I think it’s too high. We are talking about a player that has played no higher than league 1 in England and in a poor  league in Scotland for 1 and a bit seasons. I know the market is well over inflated but I just can’t see teams willing to pay in excess of £20m. 
    I like the player - and really want him to go on a do really well. He was a class act at Charlton no doubt. I just don’t think he has been tested at a high enough level just yet. 
    He’s played in the knockout stages of a European tournament. To say he hasn’t been tested is a joke. He’s played against your Kai Havertz’ etc and held his own. He came on v Braga and changed the game. He’a made for the big matches. He’s played against Leverkusen, Porto, Feyenoord, Galatasaray, Braga, Benfica and more and the only one he lost was v a very very good Leverkusen side. Him, Glen Kamara and Barisic will leave Rangers for good money. 
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    wmcf123 said:
    He’s played in the knockout stages of a European tournament. To say he hasn’t been tested is a joke. He’s played against your Kai Havertz’ etc and held his own. He came on v Braga and changed the game. He’a made for the big matches. He’s played against Leverkusen, Porto, Feyenoord, Galatasaray, Braga, Benfica and more and the only one he lost was v a very very good Leverkusen side. Him, Glen Kamara and Barisic will leave Rangers for good money. 
    All very valid points.....apart from the one in bold. To my knowledge he isn’t mine. But now you have suggested it I may go down the DNA test route - could be very lucrative for me.

I’m not doubting he is a good player, I watch a fair bit of Rangers (they are my 2nd team), and of course have seen him for Charlton many times - I’d just like to see him tested week in week out. When I have seen him in Europe he has held his own for sure. Let’s hope he goes on and proves me wrong on his valuation and let’s hope he gets a SPL winners medal this season. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    He's played well in Europe for Rangers and also now has caps for Nigeria.

Arsenal paid 25m for Kieran Tierney who'd played in that same poor league (only for a bit longer) and he's a left back. 

If Aribo does well next season and then at the African Nations Cup, i think he'd easily cost 20m+ if sold in the summer of 2022.
    As you say he plays for Nigeria - no way will anybody pay £20+ for a 45 year old :)
    Not knowingly anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be interesting to see how much longer he stays with them. You’d think he’d want to test himself in a better league after a couple of seasons there (and get the pay which comes with that).
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Well done, pleased for Joe and his mates, but really, winning a title in a very limited league, is it really that much, and let's face it every season you play up there you have a 50/50 chance of getting some sort of medal.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    For a team not to have won the league in the previous 9 seasons, but to still have amassed 55 league titles, pretty much sums it up. For every couple of games he (would normally) play in front of a big crowd at Ibrox or Easter Road or Celtic Park, he plays a corresponding fixture in front of a few thousand at a lower division / non league standard ground. 

That said, what an amazing experience - a medal, a cup, European experience. Good luck to him.

He could choose to spend his career there and no doubt do very well, or he may want to test his undoubted talent elsewhere. Given his success so far, it will be a tough decision for him his agent to make. 
  • Options
    For a team not to have won the league in the previous 9 seasons, but to still have amassed 55 league titles, pretty much sums it up. For every couple of games he (would normally) play in front of a big crowd at Ibrox or Easter Road or Celtic Park, he plays a corresponding fixture in front of a few thousand at a lower division / non league standard ground. 

That said, what an amazing experience - a medal, a cup, European experience. Good luck to him.

He could choose to spend his career there and no doubt do very well, or he may want to test his undoubted talent elsewhere. Given his success so far, it will be a tough decision for him his agent to make. 
    I'd be surprised if he stays there much longer than next season. 
  • Options
    Should get a move to the prem this summer IMO. 
  • Options

Can see him ending up at Liverpool
  • Options
    hope we got a fat sell on clause
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    We shouldnt get anything, he moved to Rangers at the end of his contract

Unless we've agreed a settlement with Rangers outside of tribunal that includes a sell on, yet be VERY surprised
  • Options

really ?!?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

really ?!?!
    Liverpool are pretty shit at the moment to be fair 
  • Options
    We shouldnt get anything, he moved to Rangers at the end of his contract

Unless we've agreed a settlement with Rangers outside of tribunal that includes a sell on, yet be VERY surprised
    iirc we agreed a deal with rangers, aribo made sure of it i heard?
  • Options

Not their style I think.
    Does he have the amazing work rate that’s required at Anfield.....I don’t think so Rodney.
  • Options
    Not in the same league as Lookman for me and he's only playing for Fulham.
  • Options
    Strange how people see players differently.
    You know I never rated Lookman that highly......yes, I know he was a good player but not top drawer as far as I’m concerned.
    Never really “rocked my boat” as the saying goes.
  • Options
    Why would he end up in the premier league  or even Liverpool when he has only been tested in a few games in the Scotish league and a few European games 😁.I think he would easily make the grade 
  • Options
    doronron said:
    Why would he end up in the premier league  or even Liverpool when he has only been tested in a few games in the Scotish league and a few European games 😁.I think he would easily make the grade 
    That doesn’t make sense Ron?
    You appear to be saying two different things?
  • Options

Not their style I think.
    Does he have the amazing work rate that’s required at Anfield.....I don’t think so Rodney.

Fair enough- to be honest going by my skill and history at predicting football-related happenings will mean he will no doubt end up at Luton in 6 months!
  • Options

really ?!?!
    Think he’ll be back in England at somewhere like Southampton - not necessarily next season. If does well there, Liverpool have a history of nicking their best players
  • Options
    Strange how people see players differently.
    You know I never rated Lookman that highly......yes, I know he was a good player but not top drawer as far as I’m concerned.
    Never really “rocked my boat” as the saying goes.
    I didn't think Konsa was anywhere near Prem standard! Shows what I know