Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    Still dreaming of a midfield of 

Aribo
    Gallagher Cullen 
    Bielik 
    Jesus! I would have loved to have seen that!
  • Options
    AllysArmy said:
    Should get a move to the prem this summer IMO. 
    hope we got a fat sell on clause
    We shouldnt get anything, he moved to Rangers at the end of his contract

Unless we've agreed a settlement with Rangers outside of tribunal that includes a sell on, yet be VERY surprised
    iirc we agreed a deal with rangers, aribo made sure of it i heard?
    No deal. He moved out of contract and Bowyer flung his toys out the pram. I’ll never forget Bowyer saying it was a bad choice. Looks very silly now. 

Also those saying he won’t stay, he’ll be staying for the Champions league. 

July 2021...

Crvena Zvezda 3-1 Rangers (4-2 on agg.)

and the Serbian side advance to the third qualifying round...

Can I start by saying how effing bad is the quoting system on your forum. 

And secondly, that would be funny if we didn’t go directly into the 3rd rnd. Joe may even hang around for the automatic group stages the following year ;)
  • Options
    @AllysArmy being straight for a moment and "asking for friends" over here in Prague, how do you see the second leg? And do you think Gerrard will start Joe for it?

My own view FWIW is that Slavia have slightly blown it. They are more than capable of scoring two away goals against your lot, for sure, but Czech teams really enjoy doing that on the counter-attack, especially against British teams, whose defenders (below the elite level) can be a bit ponderous with the ball at feet/on the deck. That's exactly how your lot looked early on last Thursday as I remarked at the time. However with the away goal, Slavia will have to force the issue, so I'm wondering if Gerrard will try to make it more of a midfield dogfight, which Slavia wouldn't fancy so much.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @AllysArmy being straight for a moment and "asking for friends" over here in Prague, how do you see the second leg? And do you think Gerrard will start Joe for it?

My own view FWIW is that Slavia have slightly blown it. They are more than capable of scoring two away goals against your lot, for sure, but Czech teams really enjoy doing that on the counter-attack, especially against British teams, whose defenders (below the elite level) can be a bit ponderous with the ball at feet/on the deck. That's exactly how your lot looked early on last Thursday as I remarked at the time. However with the away goal, Slavia will have to force the issue, so I'm wondering if Gerrard will try to make it more of a midfield dogfight, which Slavia wouldn't fancy so much.
    Slavia are a good team. Will be difficult but i think we can do it. I don’t think he will start Aribo but could be wrong 

McGregor
    Patterson Goldson Helander Barisic
    Arfield Davis Kamara
    Hagi Morelos Kent

will be what I think he goes for. He does tend to play Aribo in CM, I think he’s better in Hagi’s role. Kent and Hagi both tuck in almost like a pair of 10’s... Aribo sometimes shifts forward in place of Hagi. 

We are pretty solid at Ibrox. We don’t concede a lot and we score pretty freely. I’m going 2-0. When our front 3 click, it’s a joy to watch. Kent, Morelos and Hagi will go to the top. 
  • Options

Aribo starts over Hagi :)
  • Options
    Good. I hope the Doncaster away Joe turns up, rather than the Doncaster home...
    Slavia going 4-1-4-1 with the young kid Sima up front, at least accordjng to Czech TV. That looks designed to spring offsides and seize on hesitancy at the back. 
    The country is agog for this. Czechs tend to get behind any clubs that do well in Europe. With the exception of Sparta fans that is, like my neighbour, who are rooting for Rangers. Just as my Celtic mates are all over Slavia. Me, I’m just going to enjoy. It’s really finely balanced, no idea how it will go..
  • Options
    Congratulations to Slavia, a great and seemingly well deserved win. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Congratulations to Slavia, a great and seemingly well deserved win. 
    Ugly old game. Not overtly dirty but thought the ref got everything right. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Slavia easily the better side. But if Kamara was the victim of blatant racist abuse, which seemed to be the case, Slavia should be ejected from the competition. All the good work football has done this season promoting anti racism will be undermined if they are not. And I have the same view of Rangers as a lot of people here have for Celtic.
  • Options
    Slavia easily the better side. But if Kamara was the victim of blatant racist abuse, which seemed to be the case, Slavia should be ejected from the competition. All the good work football has done this season promoting anti racism will be undermined if they are not. And I have the same view of Rangers as a lot of people here have for Celtic.
    See my remarks on the Europa League thread, mate...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played 77 minutes today as Rangers drew at Celtic.

Just 5 games left to go to complete the season unbeaten. Also conceded a crazy 10 goals all season, the record is Celtic with 17.
  • Options
    Was fairly anonymous today, came into it a little bit before he was subbed.

Probably the least remarkable Old Firm game I’ve ever watched! Rangers remain unbeaten which is the main thing. 
  • Options
    Joe and his mates taking on the mighty Livingstone on Sky TV.

75% possession so far - highlights here: 
  • Options
    No Andrew Shinnie in the team for Livingston
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    AllysArmy said:
    Should get a move to the prem this summer IMO. 
    hope we got a fat sell on clause
    We shouldnt get anything, he moved to Rangers at the end of his contract

Unless we've agreed a settlement with Rangers outside of tribunal that includes a sell on, yet be VERY surprised
    iirc we agreed a deal with rangers, aribo made sure of it i heard?
    No deal. He moved out of contract and Bowyer flung his toys out the pram. I’ll never forget Bowyer saying it was a bad choice. Looks very silly now. 

Also those saying he won’t stay, he’ll be staying for the Champions league. 

July 2021...

Crvena Zvezda 3-1 Rangers (4-2 on agg.)

and the Serbian side advance to the third qualifying round...
    Malmo and advancing to the fourth qualifying round… not too far off though. Even got the 4-2 agg right.
  • Options
    so we won't get any sell on cash-thanks KM
  • Options
    so we won't get any sell on cash-thanks KM
    This one'll be more on Roland for pissing around.

Think KM would have left long before Aribo would have signed a deal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    We sooo need cat1
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    We sooo need cat1
    Does Cat 1 status help when the player moves overseas (or, in this case, to Scotland)?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Aribo and Gallagher together in midfield for Palarse, next thing you know they'll want to sign Cullen too and will have a complete "what might have been" Charlton midfield
    Don’t worry, we’ve got Watson, Morgan and Arter…..
    Cheers, that's put everyone's mind at rest.. B)
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    We sooo need cat1
    He was signed on a pro deal from non-league, don’t believe EPPP had any impact on the money we did (or didn’t) get for him.
  • Options
    I could see Newcastle going for him in January 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I could see Newcastle going for him in January 
    Apparently Newcastle are allowed to spend up to £200m in January. 

Because Ashley was running them on such a tight spending budget, they have a big backlog of bandwidth that they can use up without breaching FFP rules

I’m not so sure Aribo would be what they’re looking for if they are really serious about making landmark signings in their first window.