Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Saved by review - didnt expect that!
  • Review for lbw.....
  • Denly given out lbw Hazlewood, but reviews and the ball was going over.
  • If we score 350 or more, then it will be in the bag.
    Easier said than achieved unfortunately.
    At least two of our batsmen should be capable of big scores if they can see off the new ball.
    Oh hell that was close with our Joe.
  • Reprieved....
  • The umpiring in this series has been ordinary.
  • Need need a Stokes innings again.
  • And a Burns innings again.
  • A big innings from Super Joe would be nice too.
  • As LBW decisions go that was as bad as it gets. A good job that Denly/Burns didn't hesitate to review it because it was exactly the sort of decision that reviews were meant for.

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Our Glue is coming unstuck while Smith is out on his own  as the class batsman in this series.
    If this is the only test that Steve Smith misses then it has to go 1-1 or we throw the towel in similar to our trips in Australia after losing the first two tests normally.
    The score at lunch will give a good idea of the outcome not only of this test but the whole series.

• Its a shame, we have a lot of talented Batsman, but its just not working at all at the top of the order. Root is in poor form which doesn't help, Roy should not be opening. Whats the answer? I don't know, I don't watch any other cricket other than England.  
  • I would bring in ollie Pope to open and drop roy to 4, replacing denly 
  • As LBW decisions go that was as bad as it gets. A good job that Denly/Burns didn't hesitate to review it because it was exactly the sort of decision that reviews were meant for.

The ICC needs to review two things:

- how does it promote umpires to its international panel? In his two Tests in this series Wilson has been worse than village level. (Apologies to any village league umpires who may be watching)

- do we really need neutral umpires? Just choose the best umpires, regardless of where they're from. Do you think these sides would have a problem if it was two Aussies or two Englishmen standing?
  • What is Popes record opening in First Class Cricket ?
  • Blimey Joe you're a judge with those "leaves"!!!
  • What's Nathan Lyon doing bowling now? Inside the first 10 overs?!

Doesn't Paine know it should be seam all the way?
  • I would bring in ollie Pope to open and drop roy to 4, replacing denly 
    That's an interesting call.  You'd drop one player in order to accommodate a player who has scored fewer runs than him; and you would bring in someone who doesn't open to open, having dropped someone who does open?
  • This is not looking good, at this rate we will do well to make tea. A few near misses and both Batsman struggling, are we expecting Stokes/ Buttler to get us out of this mess time and time again?

• Sponsored links:

• Burns c Paine b Cummins 9
  • What sort of shot was that?!

Jeez ...
  • Right.  Stokes is in.  We can start our innings now.
  • Shittteeee
  • This is a bloody shambles, chickens really coming home etc etc

Smith got a lot of credit for his "left field" selections last summer and Sri Lanka but the last 7 tests now have been a shambles.

Can someone explain to me what Roy, Buttler and Denly actually did to get picked?

The "powers that be" obviously rate Burns either, he only got picked after they tried everyone else.

If Baylis truly thinks he has got the "7 best batters in the country" he is either clueless or they really don't rate the others.

Root has to go, he couldn't captain a school team.  
  • Never thought we would be losing on 1st innings......we'll be lucky to get 150 at this rate.. 
  • Fancy a Denny redemption tonne.
  • I've got two video feeds on my laptop, the cricket on Sky Go side-by-side with the Aussie Rules, with the audio being the footy coverage from Melbourne radio station MMM.

The Aussies are loving this England batting performance, enjoying another shambolic effort from the Poms.

This is not good.
  • 20/3 is the new 30/3
  • The new glue man is out.
    20-3. 
    After my trauma on Tuesday and seeing Kent bowled out for 40 I might have to go walk about.
    No wonder Starc can't get in this side.