Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Oh my god......someone wake me up, I think I’m dreaming!!!!!!
  • Prediction time ...

England to be 65-7 half an hour into the afternoon session ...

Broad and Archer put on a century partnership (maiden Test 50 from Archer) ...

Leach gets us a first innings lead ...

Aussies three down at stumps.
  • Well played Denly in reaching double figures.
    Kiss of death .

FFS !!!! 

Match could be over tonight. 
    Back when a lot Tests lasted 5 days, Headingley often got it over with pretty quickly...45-6 now BTW
  • Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Probably end up around 150. Pathetic 

This is two very poor batting sides + Steve Smith.

I'd take 150 right now.
    InWoakesWeTrust
    Soon find out .....
  • Denly doesn't look Test class but the one thing he does do is to battle and to apply himself which is the main reason he has yet to get out in single figures this season. Here's hoping he goes on to get a big one here.
    Until he does something really stupid like that!
  • Laddick01 said:

I'd take 150 right now.
    I’d take 50
  • Its a shame, we have a lot of talented Batsman, but its just not working at all at the top of the order. Root is in poor form which doesn't help, Roy should not be opening. Whats the answer? I don't know, I don't watch any other cricket other than England.  
    Personally it would be better him bat lower down the order.
  • Laddick01 said:

I'd take 150 right now.
    I'd take 50 right now.
  • This is dreadful.
  • Should have started the Test match today. Would have avoided the wet weather yesteday & might have taken it into Sunday....
  • Sponsored links:

• All six dismissals caught by the keeper or first slip today. We really do not know what to play and what not to play.
  • Oh my god......someone wake me up, I think I’m dreaming!!!!!!
    The rest of us are having nightmares!
  • If that's the ironic cheer for the team reaching 50, then if by some miracle we reach 100, I predict a pitch Invasion.
  • This needs to change.  Root has to go as Captain. He has been useless. If it wasn't for being captain he wouldn't even get into the side with his batting averages. Batting is shit and apart from a few bowlers our bowling has been shit. Why the fuck does he persist in bowling Stokes all the time. He costs us runs and rarely gets us wickets (unless it is a full toss aiming for the batsman's balls (and we don't know if he meant that). What makes it more frustrating is that apart from Smith aussies are very poor batting wise but and a reasonable spinner plus 2 or 3 average to good bowlers. On paper, Root, Roy, Bairstow, Stokes and co should get runs between them. 
  • My God this is depressing to watch, it feels like we have given most of our wickets away. I know the Aussies have bowled well, but there have been so many knicks and to slip, some of the balls haven't been moving much. Sorry to sound negative but this is poor, we wont make 100 :(
  • We can go round and round talking about it but, what is in the main, our World Cup batting line up can't handle decent red ball bowling
  • Our Glue is coming unstuck while Smith is out on his own  as the class batsman in this series.
    If this is the only test that Steve Smith misses then it has to go 1-1 or we throw the towel in similar to our trips in Australia after losing the first two tests normally.
    The score at lunch will give a good idea of the outcome not only of this test but the whole series.

Prescient.

• All six dismissals caught by the keeper or first slip today. We really do not know what to play and what not to play.

One day mentality with a bit of test match psychology and some 20/20 smutterings thrown in the pot.

= Not a f***** scooby!
  • edited August 2019
    At least I'm by a pool supping a beer in Kefalonia but by christ that is shocking. Thing is though it is all so predictable. We saw this time and again last summer and joked it would be worse with the Aussies attack.

Whoever thought that Roy opening would solve the conundrum needs their head examining. Only bat I trusted last summer was Sam Curran. Where is he?
  • I just don't understand myself why Sam Curran is not playing? At least he will try and stick around for a bit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    At least I'm by a pool supping a beer in Kefalonia but by christ that is shocking. Thing is though it is all so predictable. We saw this time and again last summer and joked it would be worse with the Aussies attack.

Whoever thought that Roy opening would solve the conundrum needs their head examining. Only bat I trusted last summer was Sam Curran. Where is he?
    Which bit of Kefalonia?

I'll be out there in 3 weeks. You'll have to let us know the best bits. 
  • 2 tickets for day 3 Headingly for sale.....
    I feel your pain!
  • 2 tickets for day 3 Headingly for sale.....
    You'll probably see the Aussies rack up 400 :-)
  • Went to bed hoping we would get about 350 to give us a chance but knew that we would be lucky to get 150. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

Which bit of Kefalonia?

I'll be out there in 3 weeks. You'll have to let us know the best bits. 
    Skala mate. Beautiful island. Really noticed the local girls more here than any other Greek island too.
  • Prediction time ...

England to be 65-7 half an hour into the afternoon session ...

Broad and Archer put on a century partnership (maiden Test 50 from Archer) ...

Leach gets us a first innings lead ...

Aussies three down at stumps.
    NEVER sit out in the midday sun without a hat, BA ! 

Hallucinations guaranteed....
  • This is embarrassing!! First ball after lunch and Woakes tickles one down leg.

7 down - just fuck off
  • Always good to regroup at lunch. Good start.
  • And it gets even worse....