Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Denly gets off the mark with his 24th ball.
    This is painful viewing.
  • edited August 2019
    The new glue man is out.
    20-3. 
    After my trauma on Tuesday and seeing Kent bowled out for 40 I might have to go walk about.
    No wonder Starc can't get in this side.
    Resist the temptation, don't go over to the dark side.
  • I would bring in ollie Pope to open and drop roy to 4, replacing denly 
    You cant be serious? Pope has never opened in any form of cricket.

He hadn't batted above 6 when he received his test call up and batted at 4 for England last summer. 

Better 4 day player than Roy and denly? 100% but should never ever be in the top 3
  • The bowling is top notch, but two of the wickets were just thrown away.
  • Stokes c Warner b Pattinson 8
  • Poor shot Stokes 
    This is embarrassing.
  • The bowling is top notch, but two of the wickets were just thrown away.
    Make that three
  • To borrow a line from Sir Geoffrey:

There's more brains in a pork pie.

Shocking shot.
  • Covering the ground of a cricket pitch with a roof would transform conditions in a really negative way. plus there’s the financial side, some counties have almost gone under trying to fix up their stadiums to test standard, which are then mostly empty for most county games.

definitely think pink ball is a good idea, but how many 16-80 over old pink balls do you think are hanging around for the umpires to choose? 
    There is a new Dukes ball being used in this Ashes series - the seam is bigger on the new ball compared to the normal ball.

It might have been during the Lord's Test that the commentators were discussing the ball and it was mentioned that there have been about 600 balls made (all by hand) for use in this series, a number of which would have been "knocked in" to act as replacements if the one in use goes out of shape.

If a Test was to be played with pink balls or, in the event of bad light, a switch from red to pink was made, I'm sure there would be a suitable supply of pink balls made and "prepared" to simulate variously aged balls.

In Australia I suppose they use 40-grit sandpaper to simulate a 60-over ball, 360-grit for a 10-over ball ...

Re your point re new Dukes ball, it was interesting to hear Michael Vaughans comments re 2005 Ashes, in that they explicitly selected a batch of Duke balls from 2/3 seasons earlier for that Ashes series because the ball swung more that season and they thought it might give England an advantage.

Marginal gains etc.

Easier to think like that when you have a top 4 of Strauss, Trescothick, Vaughan and KP!
    Those 4 now would probably do a better job than our current top 4
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably end up around 150. Pathetic 

This is two very poor batting sides + Steve Smith.

• Only one player out to a really good ball.
    Hazelwood to Root.
  • edited August 2019
    That shot from Stokes sums up this series so far. That’s the Ashes done for me. Get a proper fricking test team ffs.
  • Can we get above 100? doesn't look too tricky today, they have bowled well but partly our own fault
  • Can we get above 100? doesn't look too tricky today, they have bowled well but partly entirely our own fault

• Well played Denly in reaching double figures.
  • Denly doesn't look Test class but the one thing he does do is to battle and to apply himself which is the main reason he has yet to get out in single figures this season. Here's hoping he goes on to get a big one here.
  • Well played Denly in reaching double figures.
    Kiss of death .

FFS !!!! 

Match could be over tonight. 
  • Denly c Paine b Pattinson 12  (top scorer so far and he was shite)
  • Sponsored links:

• Dear, oh dear, oh dear.
  • This is embarrassing 
  • Oh dear. 

What's the follow on figure when a team gets less than 180....??
  • Haseeb Hameed to be released by Lancashire 

Shame, looked like such a prospect 3 years ago, weird how it's gone so wrong, so quickly.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Probably end up around 150. Pathetic 

I'd take 150 right now.
  • Anyone would think it was hooping round corners......or spinning & spitting.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Probably end up around 150. Pathetic 

I'd take 150 right now.
    InWoakesWeTrust
  • Bairstow c Warner b Hazlewood 4
  • Rudders22 said:
    That will do. I can watch Eastenders now ! And we don't have to have a nervy bat 
    Erm............ hope Eastenders was good at least!
    Probably better than our shit batting.