Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• I suspect the reality is that Anderson is still not properly fit. But why confirm that to the Australians before we have to? Keep them wondering. Leaving him out of the Derby game maintains the uncertainty and leaves open the possibility of him coming back in his own back yard.

• As i keep saying, like a lot of people, i cant get Twitter at work.

• As i keep saying, like a lot of people, i cant get Twitter at work.

But looked it up.

Oh well, thats answered that then.

• Ah, gutted for him.
  • imminent retirement ?
  • He can't be far off it Mr President. It's a shame for him as this could have been his last series. Can't see him being fit enough or young enough for the Aussies series. Maybe he will try one more home series next year and call it a day. His best mate in cricket Chef having retied last year. 
  • imminent retirement ?
    Hope not, it’s not like he’s always injured he’s just suffering with one. 

Would be one less problem for the selectors though leaving Archer and Broad to open the bowling. 
  • Smith c Hamidullah Qadri b Critchley 23 

Critchley, for those who don't know (which is probably everyone outside the Critchley family) is an all-rounder who bowls leg-spin and has a career bowling average just over 51. 
  • Feel sorry for our record wicket taker but pleased they know now because the flack Jimmy and the medical team would have received if we had a repeat of the first test.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Smith c Hamidullah Qadri b Critchley 23 

Critchley, for those who don't know (which is probably everyone outside the Critchley family) is an all-rounder who bowls leg-spin and has a career bowling average just over 51. 
    Whats the bets he's bowled him a leg-spinning bouncer , and he's top-edged it then via his helmet.?
  • Chizz said:
    Smith c Hamidullah Qadri b Critchley 23 

Rashid in for the fourth test then...
  • Overton called into the squad for Old Trafford, Jason Roy keeps his place, looks like England will be unchanged
  • Bit of a shame, but not surprising.
  • Anderson out ? .. his injury has resolved a desperate issue .. moot now, but IF he'd been fit and available, that would have put the selectors in a bind .. as I have stated here before, he should not have been picked even if 'fully' (but not of course match) fit. I suspect that this is the end of a wonderful career, the last over from a great pace bowler. A nice chair in the media awaits Jimmy A ((:>)
  • Overton called into the squad for Old Trafford, Jason Roy keeps his place, looks like England will be unchanged
    The gap might have helped but Woakes has look tired and hasn’t had a great series. Really hope they give Curran a chance. 
  • Wrong Overton. And Roy...give me strength 
  • edited August 2019
    Leuth said:
    Wrong Overton. And Roy...give me strength 

I know its hard but 😀

• imminent retirement ?
    Must be a possibility.
    When you take into consideration his trade, his age and his service.
  • edited August 2019
    imminent retirement ?
    Must be a possibility.
    I know Jimmy is quite driven by stats and i wonder if that 25 more wickets he needs to get to 600 might see him go to SA and then to next year at home and then call it a day.
    If selected of course
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Wrong Overton. And Roy...give me strength 
    Looking at their stats on line, very much the correct Overton. Agree on Roy, lucky boy to still be included
  • imminent retirement ?
    Must be a possibility.
    I know Jimmy is quite driven by stats and i wonder if that 25 more wickets he needs to get to 600 might see him go to SA and then to next year at home and then call it a day.
    If selected of course
    I hope so. Deserves 600 and a send off rather than disappear through injury 
  • It's not about averages. J Overton's xW is 3.38473 per innings on fast bouncy tracks (data imaginary)
  • Leuth said:
    It's not about averages. J Overton's xW is 3.38473 per innings on fast bouncy tracks (data imaginary)
    Of course averages don’t matter, hence your love for hildreth 😉
  • Actually, Hildreth is a perfect example of someone who's got a really good average, but is seen as scoring soft runs and not having 'it' by the selectors...
  • Leuth said:
    Actually, Hildreth is a perfect example of someone who's got a really good average, but is seen as scoring soft runs and not having 'it' by the selectors...
    Or just lacking the technique or mental strength to play test cricket. 

Look at ramprakash, sometimes averaged 100 in a season, but an average of 27 at test level. 

Hildreth is well over the hill, as has been posted, he’s averaging in the 20’s this season, why are you so keen on him?
  • I'm not that keen, just find it sad he never got a chance. 

Anyway let's focus on the main issue right now, which is that the big lad Rahkeem Cornwall is taking Test wickets
  • Leuth said:
    I'm not that keen, just find it sad he never got a chance. 

Anyway let's focus on the main issue right now, which is that the big lad Rahkeem Cornwall is taking Test wickets
    He's the size of Cornwall as well!

Everything about him shouts "village" (size, run-up, action) but he's getting a lot of turn out of this pitch.
  • Not really bothered which Overton carries the drinks, tbh
  • Leuth said:
    I'm not that keen, just find it sad he never got a chance. 

He's the size of Cornwall as well!

Everything about him shouts "village" (size, run-up, action) but he's getting a lot of turn out of this pitch.

Wow, i see what you mean ! He is huge.
    Reminds me of that bloke who played for Bermuda many years ago.Dwayne Leverock.