Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• edited August 2019
    In comparison sky commentary and in particular Shane Warne was quite complimentary about denly’s bowling and said he was looking dangerous but naturally bowled a few loose ones since he’s a part time spinner 
  • Btw @Addickted2TheReds will I have the pleasure of your opposition again in ten or so minutes?
  • In comparison sky commentary and in particular Shane Warner was quite complimentary about denly’s bowling and said he was looking dangerous but naturally bowled a few loose ones since he’s a part time spinner 
    And there is no greater compliment for a leg spinner than that!

He's was only bowling because Ali was bowling puff. 

Yet the BBC were saying it was ridiculous that Denly was bowling instead of Ali to Wade. 
  • Question to the crickets fans on CL.

From what you have seen over this test and knowing India's inability to chase about 180 odd last year at Edgbaston in 4th innings.

Can England score 180 to 280 to win or draw depending on time and weather.

I await the predictions from the various experts on here !
    Yes, England could chase anything up to 280, or beyond.  Although it would be a huge surprise - and massive achievement - if they were to win with a target at the high end of that range.  

The reasons are that the pitch is looking pretty flat for the seamers, the last three sessions have only seen two wickets per session and that we have have some effective players of spin who would be able to bat in an aggressive, clear-headed way if set a target.  

My prediction: if we start day five no wickets down, we win. 

(But I am not claiming to be an expert - I will leave that to others). 
  • Leuth said:
    Btw @Addickted2TheReds will I have the pleasure of your opposition again in ten or so minutes?
    I swerved that and will be going to the Kent game down the road!

Will likely head back to Foxgrove after that.

@PaddyP17 you playing?
  • Paddy plays for the Waggoners on a Sunday! I don't even know what their whole deal is tbh
  • I'd tell you but his old man might read it... :-)
  • 250 should be chaseable, depends how Lyon bowls, anything more than that will be a hard ask. 
  • It's probably some sordid drinking thing. Far too irresponsible for me to even think about tbh 
  • That bloody Smith is one ugly cricketer, in looks & style but he certainly knows how to score runs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Woakes well underused .. held back as a result of the Anderson injury perhaps ?
  • That bloody Smith is one ugly cricketer, in looks & style but he certainly knows how to score runs.
    the Aussie Barrington .. who he?
  • I have to say watching Anderson bat, I'm not expecting him to bowl. 

Where ever you read or heard Jimmy was bowling flat out was fake news because I heard on the radio someone say gingerly before he came into bat. This could yet be one of the worst calls when Anderson and the fitness coaches gave the green light.
    I'm convinced they score 150 in their 1st innings if a fit Anderson or 4th seamer was available when they were 8 down for 120 odd.
    NB it wasn't fake news because Sky showed him charging in full pace, which I saw.
    He broke down again subsequently.
    If you saw it with your own eyes then I accept that 100%.
    Unfortunately the analyst on the radio must've seen the following ball when Jimmy was half paced.
  • We'll need to start praying for some rain soon
  • What's the betting when we bat this wicket will  start looking like a minefield. 
  • And to think we had them 122/8 on day 1....
  • And to think we had them 122/8 on day 1....
    And 75 for 3 in this innings. 
    Credit where it's due Smith kept them in the match and now baring rain he is winning them the match.
  • Ali is bowling dog shite. On a wicket that is turning, he really should have put their batsmen under much more pressure than he has. Would like him dropped for the next test.
  • Aussies building quite a lead now. Think a draw or England loss is most likely result now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilson now 5 -3 up on wrong decisions.

• Another really poor umpiring decision. Obvious that wasn't out.
  • edited August 2019
    philcafc said:
    Another really poor umpiring decision. Obvious that wasn't out.
    Batsman benefit of the doubt is the rule, massive doubts when a new ball hits above the pad
  • Smith out!
  • Smith obviously has a problem in the 140s 
  • edited August 2019
    And to think we had them 122/8 on day 1....
    And a fit Anderson to get them out for 150.
    If it had been a new injury then that's fair enough but how the fucx did the experience of Anderson not feel a twinge in warm up ? 

Anyone know why Woakes didn't bowl this morning ?

Smith has only got out in this match when it's benefits the Aussies. They feel they have enough already.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Smith obviously has a problem in the 140s 
    Found his weakness... wait until he makes 140 and then... oh
  • Too little too late unfortunately.

This will come down to whether England can bat 3/4 sessions on a turning wicket against a class spinner in Lyons and save the game.

I don't think we can.
  • Do we actually want to bowl them out now or hope they bat on for too long and we get the draw? 
  • LenGlover said:
    Too little too late unfortunately.

This will come down to whether England can bat 3/4 sessions on a turning wicket against a class spinner in Lyons and save the game.

I don't think we can.
    Just to clarify I mean three or four sessions not three quarters of a session.

We might just about manage three quarters of a session...