Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Snivelling Smiff .. the new Bradman
  • very quiet on here .. shell shock sets in .. Wade's first ton for about 10 years  .. oh dear
  • LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    Too little too late unfortunately.

This will come down to whether England can bat 3/4 sessions on a turning wicket against a class spinner in Lyons and save the game.

I don't think we can.
    Just to clarify I mean three or four sessions not three quarters of a session.

We might just about manage three quarters of a session...
    Bold..!
  • When will the Aussies declare ?
  • When will the Aussies declare ?
    This time tomorrow hopefully.
  • edited August 2019
    If we can just draw this we will get stronger. Archer in for Anderson and Ali out means playing with 11 rather than 9 in this test.
  • edited August 2019
    not quite six .. cort on the boundary .. Joe Denly for a mere 110
  • Not watching
    Is Woakes injured? 
  • Think they will set us 360 odd. We will be a couple down by close tonight & all out before tea tomorrow. 

Only thing that can save us is the weather. 
  • Hard to justify Moeen over Leach at the moment when his bowling is off form and his batting struggling as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Hard to justify Moeen over Leach at the moment when his bowling is off form and his batting struggling as well
    That did the trick  :)
  • Could we see Burns being the first England player to bat on all five days of a Test, since Boycott in 1977?
  • Buttler !!  You're in at short leg to catch the ball.....not duck...!!
  • Chizz said:
    Could we see Burns being the first England player to bat on all five days of a Test, since Boycott in 1977?

Nah....he'll be out this evening. 
  • WinViz has

Oz 48%
    draw 49%
    England 3% 
  • MrOneLung said:
    WinViz has

Oz 48%
    draw 49%
    England 3% 
    Are we 5000-1 yet?
  • edited August 2019
    Chizz said:
    Could we see Burns being the first England player to bat on all five days of a Test, since Boycott in 1977?
    Do you believe the Aussies will declare tonight or give catching practice to get at the old Whitgiftians ?
  • Chizz said:
    Do you believe the Aussies will declare tonight or give catching practice to get at the old Whitgiftian's ?
    They'll declare.  To give England a sniff.  If they bat on, it's a waste of overs and England will set out tomorrow just to bat time.  But if they declare, at least England will set off with a target. 
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Do you believe the Aussies will declare tonight or give catching practice to get at the old Whitgiftian's ?
    They'll declare.  To give England a sniff.  If they bat on, it's a waste of overs and England will set out tomorrow just to bat time.  But if they declare, at least England will set off with a target. 
    The only target England have from here is to survive and get a draw.
  • edited August 2019
    If this was boxing it would be stopped.
    Surrey boys get ready for action.

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    miracles do happen .. alas I suspect not on a Monday in Brum
  • Send in Ali and Anderson.

As nightwatchmen ?

No Alphabetical order.

• Send in Ali and Anderson.

As nightwatchmen ?

No Alphabetical order.

that'll be 1-2 by close of play
  • Burns and Root are capable of batting for a long period in this sort of situation. 
    The rest are mainly stroke makers.
    Lose Burns and Root tonight and it's all over. 
  • Burns and Root are capable of batting for a long period in this sort of situation. 
    Burns and Root are capable of batting for a long period in this sort of situation. 

well, if Roy really wants a career as a test batsman, now would be a good nay essential time to learn some discipline
  • We miss Leach, a perfect batsman to face the new ball on this slow pitch...
  • 2-0 after one over.  I hope these Surrey boys don't cost us the win with their slow batting...
  • Chizz said:
    2-0 after one over.  I hope these Surrey boys don't cost us the win with their slow batting...
    Knob
  • Chizz said:
    2-0 after one over.  I hope these Surrey boys don't cost us the win with their slow batting...
    Knob
    Bless
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Knob
    Bless
    Love you really