Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    4 pints in on an empty stomach took a pic to remind me what it looked like later 
    As you're in the top tier, don't throw up over the balcony!
  • Options
    Smith is so frustratingly good!! 
  • Options
    Smith should be timed-out.
  • Options
    God that was sickening. As much I like Smith's courageness, he has to go off now. Looks like a broken arm and his co-ordination is all over. You can see he is in trouble. He is just going to hit everything for 4 or 6 now. 
  • Options
    Archer might just have won a battle there ' he wont be the same against him for the rest of series.
  • Options
    Sickening
  • Options
    Stunned silence here for a while. Not nice. Hit under his ear apparently. 
  • Options
    Cant believe Smith doesnt wear one of those post Hughes helmets with the extra protection - its exactly the spot where Hughes got hit.
  • Options
    Much as I hate seeing players felled, being able to deal with the fastest bowling is part of the game. It's really hard to compare averages across the eras as could the likes of Smith (or Kohli, Tendulkar, Lara etc) have dealt with the Windies pace quartets of the 70s and 80s
  • Options
    Smith MUST go off to hospital for observation after that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leach ? ....tidy but ineffective.
  • Options
    Cant believe Smith doesnt wear one of those post Hughes helmets with the extra protection - its exactly the spot where Hughes got hit.
      Thought exactly the same. I'm amazed at the Aussies especially.
  • Options
    This game is heading for a draw, but the impact of this afternoon will surely affect the rest of the series
  • Options
    According to Vaughan on TMS, players aren't insured if they don't wear that type of helmet (or widen the grill)
  • Options
    the new helmet wouldn't have protected Hughes according to Cricket Australia which may explain why they don't feel the need to wear them

https://www.cricketaustralia.com.au/media/media-releases/cricket-australia-releases-independent-report-into-phillip-hughes-death/2016-05-11 

• Options
    Smith back out.
  • Options
    That's why he has come back out. He is just going to whack everything. 
  • Options
    Cant believe Smith has come out to bat again with the same helmet with no added protection for the neck.
  • Options
    Oh but don't worry. He has probably coe off. took some very strong medication and waited for it to settle. 
  • Options
    Big test of Root's captaincy.  Does he bring Archer back on now? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Archer has been warming up again since smith came back out. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Archer has been warming up again since smith came back out. 
    Smith got himself out to avoid facing him again..?
  • Options
    I apologise to my neighbours for that loud "YESSS".  He still added another 10 runs though. This should be a draw now but you know what we are like with our batting collapses. 
  • Options
    Why did he review that. He walked off before the decision.
  • Options
    Why did he review that. He walked off before the decision.
    You don't often see batsmen walk for LBW but he did. And then appealed, strange.
  • Options
    He apparently didn’t even look at Lyon in the long room. (Prob couldn’t see him due to concussion!) so he goes, but then charlton go one down. The lord giveth and then taketh away. 
  • Options
    250 all out. Time for tea. 
  • Options
    Both teams declare, England win by 8 runs
  • Options
    Roy gone for 2. 
  • Options
    Roy gone for 2. 
    Big decision for the selectors now