Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    I would try and get another opener but would push Roy down the order... 
  • Options
    Root gone. 
  • Options
    Roy gone for 2. 
    Big decision for the selectors now
      That should be the end of him for this series. Hasn't looked comfortable at all. Maybe bring him back for a series against a lesser side.
  • Options
    Root out 😩
  • Options
    Root gone!
  • Options
    Saturday sport going south fast.

we are losing and England are capitulating 
  • Options
    Can everyone do a rain dance please? 
  • Options
    I would not be suprised if we are something like 60 for 6 by close of play. 
  • Options
    Not yet. Lyle has just scored a penalty in the 90th minute. 
  • Options
    Roy gone for 2. 
    I think it’s an easy one, not a big one. Bye Roy, see you in the next 1 day series
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The questions about whether Root should be captain won't go away. Not because he's a bad captain, but rather whether it is dragging his batting down
  • Options
    Root out duck

Lyle scores

Every cloud.....
  • Options
    Roy gone for 2. 
    I think it’s an easy one, not a big one. Bye Roy, see you in the next 1 day series
    If it's easy, which player has scored so many runs opening in first class cricket this season you'd choose in his place?
  • Options
    Smith has gone to hospital - coz of his arm`.
  • Options
    Hope he has "just a broken arm" to contend with. 
  • Options
    Wood, Stone and now Tom Curran out for the season. Running out of bowling options if we lose anyone
  • Options
    Denly gone for 26. Just as we were getting into a rhythm. Stokes has come out. 
  • Options
    Denly once more gets a start then gets out

I suspect the decision for the selectors will be
    a) Drop Roy and bring in a new opener
    b) Drop Denly, play Roy at 4 and bring in a new opener

I don't think they'll want to have 2 new batsmen in the top 4
  • Options
    Denly gone.
    This could be an interesting game tomorrow if England are out before lunch and Smith cant bat.
  • Options
    Oh dear.

Another one bites the dust.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    They won't need Smith at this rate.  Even when he is batting, he can bat with one broken arm behind his back and still get more runs than our lot. 
  • Options
    This is a joke now. 75 for 4. 
  • Options
    The Aussies are really not very good at reviewing, are they?
  • Options
    England lead by 100. 
  • Options
    Anyone else find Smith boring ?
    Very similar to Alistair Cook when he was at his pomp. Cookie only had a couple of shots in his Locker.
  • Options
    Weird 3 minute rain shower and stumps. 
  • Options
    Weird 3 minute rain shower and stumps. 
    Aleem Dar is a complete wuss, one drop of rain and he's off!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Roy gone for 2. 
    If it's easy, which player has scored so many runs opening in first class cricket this season you'd choose in his place?
    I only follow international cricket but I’m pretty sure that the selectors can find someone who will have a higher average than 9 against Australia come the end of the summer
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Roy gone for 2. 
    I only follow international cricket but I’m pretty sure that the selectors can find someone who will have a higher average than 9 against Australia come the end of the summer
    I suggest it's not "easy" to find a replacement opener, two games into a series. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Leuth said:
    ...maybe.

Perhaps there's room for an outsider, a Brearley figure, who can bat well enough. Lewis Gregory seems like a fine leader 
    Burns? 

As good as any opener we have had in recent years. Experienced captain in the county game and has won the county championship. 

Unless there is an obvious outstanding candidate then I am not a fan of having a bowler do it and certainly wouldn't want an all rounder doing it.