Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• So is Williams working his notice :wink:
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    How can Williams get a pay cut by joining us when he is currently out of contract? 

Literally no sense it makes?

a reduction on what he was earning before.

Players released usually get an extra month so he could well still be being paid for July at whatever rate he was on before.
     Was he released? Or did his contract expire? Aren't they seen as different?

Release = Released from the terms of your contract, usually mutually agreed and therefore club can choose to pay you a bit after the release. 
    Expire = Contract Ends, club does not owe you a thing? 
    You are correct, it expired.

Players who's contracts have expired will still usually get the extra month. ie Reeves.  Might be different for Williams as it was a short term deal, i don't know.
    Williams was on the "released" list wasn't he?  With a note saying they left the door open?

The only out of contract players that weren't "released" where Aribo, BFG and Fosu.

All the released players would, or should, have received the extra month. 
    He's on gardening leave.
    I saw him mowing one of the pitches at Sparrow's Lane this morning.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    How can Williams get a pay cut by joining us when he is currently out of contract? 

Literally no sense it makes?

a reduction on what he was earning before.

Players released usually get an extra month so he could well still be being paid for July at whatever rate he was on before.
     Was he released? Or did his contract expire? Aren't they seen as different?

Release = Released from the terms of your contract, usually mutually agreed and therefore club can choose to pay you a bit after the release. 
    Expire = Contract Ends, club does not owe you a thing? 
    You are correct, it expired.

Players who's contracts have expired will still usually get the extra month. ie Reeves.  Might be different for Williams as it was a short term deal, i don't know.
    Williams was on the "released" list wasn't he?  With a note saying they left the door open?

The only out of contract players that weren't "released" where Aribo, BFG and Fosu.

All the released players would, or should, have received the extra month. 
    Correct

To be precise

Their contract has expired, they have been released from their registration.

Fosu and Aribo both had expired contracts but we didn't release their registrations hence we were able to get (very little) money for them.
  • Fair enough.
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-bowyer-on-contract-talks-with-lyle-taylor-anfernee-dijksteel-and-jason-pearce/

Lee Bowyer wants Anfernee Dijksteel to sign a new contract – and has vowed there will be no other young players running down their terms at Charlton Athletic.
    I think when the additional 6/7 signings don't all materialise JW will get a decent 11th hour offer.
  • jac52 said:
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-bowyer-on-contract-talks-with-lyle-taylor-anfernee-dijksteel-and-jason-pearce/

Lee Bowyer wants Anfernee Dijksteel to sign a new contract – and has vowed there will be no other young players running down their terms at Charlton Athletic.
    Intresting thing to say publicly, what's he going to do if they don't agree terms? Put him on the list like Peterborough do? 
  • Sponsored links:

• jac52 said:
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-bowyer-on-contract-talks-with-lyle-taylor-anfernee-dijksteel-and-jason-pearce/

Interesting comment about Djiksteel. Also that Baldock would be a loan 
  • If I was Emery i'd be picking Bielik all day over Guendouzi. Painfully average footballer
    He’s not long turned 20 and has plenty of top flight experience. Bielik was a class above last season but 2 divisions lower. 

• cawley just tweeted that bowyer hoping for bielek back on loan and arsenal have confirmed that we would be there choice

on the subject of arsenal nekitah was seen at wireless festival at the weekend and was asked by a young fan to come to charlton he laughed and said " na man "
    F*** him then.
  • jac52 said:

Sign a new Contract or you go back to the reserves as we'll just put Solly back as first choice is what he's saying there to me
  • jac52 said:

It's a bit disingenuous to say that JA was 'running down his contract' when the one he was offered was quickly whipped away from him....... 
    Yeah it was definitely that simple. 

I understood it to be Aribo's agent wasn't happy with the offer so the contract was spitefully withdrawn and a worse one put in its place. It was apparently a decent offer.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    jac52 said:

It's a bit disingenuous to say that JA was 'running down his contract' when the one he was offered was quickly whipped away from him....... 
    Yeah it was definitely that simple. 

I understood it to be Aribo's agent wasn't happy with the offer so the contract was spitefully withdrawn and a worse one put in its place. It was apparently a decent offer.
    If thats true then I quite like that as a two fingers approach to the Agent

Of course its frustrating as we came off worse in the sense that we dont have the player now but still makes me smile to think of the Agent's reaction when he basically got a f**k you from Roland
  • jac52 said:

“I’ve told his agent: ‘Either come in and sign or things will be slightly different’.”

is that a threat?

• Heard that Bow has agreed Beilik loan with Arsenal, but the player wants to stay and get a first team place. 
    It could drag on to end of August. 
  • jac52 said:

“I’ve told his agent: ‘Either come in and sign or things will be slightly different’.”

is that a threat?

Wouldnt be the first time Bowyer has let a player (Fosu) rot in the reserves only for them to end up at a club lower than where we are now
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    From the Reading Chronicle this morning re: Baldock.

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/17757695.transfer-update-reading-striker-sam-baldock-see-move-charlton-scuppered/

Reading striker Sam Baldock will not take a pay cut if he is to leave the club this summer, it is understood.

The 30-year-old ex-Premier League forward was among a group of first-team players told their time at Madejski Stadium was over by manager Jose Gomes.

He is the only member of the group involved in the club’s pre-season and newly-promoted Charlton Athletic showed interest in signing him.

However, the Chronicle understands Baldock told Reading FC he will not leave unless his wages are paid in full, casting serious doubts over a potential move to The Valley.

Baldock, who has two years remaining on his contract, was among a number of players handed significant salary packages while former chief executive Ron Gourlay was at the helm of the club.

Royals eased their financial problems yesterday (Monday) when they sold Liam Kelly to former boss Jaap Stam’s Feyenoord in a cut-price deal.

Gomes wants to sign up to four players this summer and remains keen on bringing Liverpool’s Ovie Ejaria back to Berkshire on loan.

The Portuguese has urged the exiled squad members and their agents to secure moves as soon as possible.

• What a coque.
  • Heard that Bow has agreed Beilik loan with Arsenal, but the player wants to stay and get a first team place. 
    It can only drag on to the 7th August because he'd need to sign on the 8th or be stuck there.
    It can only drag on to the 7th August because he'd need to sign on the 8th or be stuck there.
    Do European transfer windows close at the same time?

Didnt think they did

Didnt think they did
    Doesn’t look like it, assuming wiki is accurate

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window
  • I read the Dijksteel comments from bowyer as “we will look to sell him now so I can get a decent fee to replace him” 

Exactly and it makes perfect sense you can't keep losing our better players for nothing

Didnt think they did
    Sorry i meant if he was signing for us.

Other leagues have different deadlines. Spain is as late as early September i think
    Doesn't the loan window operate differently, based around the Prem teams naming a 25 man squad?
    Doesn't the loan window operate differently, based around the Prem teams naming a 25 man squad?
    There is no loan window. You can only loan players up until the transfer window closes (8th Aug for Premier League and Championship) and 31st Aug for League 1 and 2. So we have to sign players on loan by 8th Aug.