Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I've got no issues with Bowyers comments, either you play for us and be grateful for the chance or you stay on the reserves and someone else can play.

What's the point in playing a player who is clearly on the move when there is always someone out there who can play instead. Sign or sell, no problems
  • I've got no issues with Bowyers comments, either you play for us and be grateful for the chance or you stay on the reserves and someone else can play.

What's the point in playing a player who is clearly on the move when there is always someone out there who can play instead. Sign or sell, no problems
    So by your logic Bowyer should have dropped Aribo last season.

But then Dijksteel doesnt hold the cards that Aribo held

Managers / Clubs need to stand up to Agents, sadly this is the only way that it tends to work

By that logic Bowyer should have sold Aribo last season
  • I reckon Beliek wont sign  for anyone before August 9th & then by the end of that month, after he realises (or Emery tells him) that he is surplus to requirements he will sign  for a foreign team.

But then Dijksteel doesnt hold the cards that Aribo held

Managers / Clubs need to stand up to Agents, sadly this is the only way that it tends to work
    If you had a proper structure running the club you could have a proper policy. 

Something a long the lines that any 1st choice player, under 30, must have 2 years on their contract at the start of the season.  You don't sign, your on the list and you don't play.  If they did that last summer BFG would have been sold, Grant and Aribo probably would have signed contracts.  So would have the Sunderland player who's name escapes me.

It's not the solution and would need some proper thinking about but more the start of an idea. 
  • matt88 said:
    From the Reading Chronicle this morning re: Baldock.

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/17757695.transfer-update-reading-striker-sam-baldock-see-move-charlton-scuppered/

Reading striker Sam Baldock will not take a pay cut if he is to leave the club this summer, it is understood.
    The 30-year-old ex-Premier League forward was among a group of first-team players told their time at Madejski Stadium was over by manager Jose Gomes.
    He is the only member of the group involved in the club’s pre-season and newly-promoted Charlton Athletic showed interest in signing him.
    However, the Chronicle understands Baldock told Reading FC he will not leave unless his wages are paid in full, casting serious doubts over a potential move to The Valley.
    Baldock, who has two years remaining on his contract, was among a number of players handed significant salary packages while former chief executive Ron Gourlay was at the helm of the club.  Royals eased their financial problems yesterday (Monday) when they sold Liam Kelly to former boss Jaap Stam’s Feyenoord in a cut-price deal.
    Gomes wants to sign up to four players this summer and remains keen on bringing Liverpool’s Ovie Ejaria back to Berkshire on loan.
    The Portuguese has urged the exiled squad members and their agents to secure moves as soon as possible.

Suspect that if he won't entertain a pay cut (you can't blame him) then maybe we get him on loan and agree to pay a % of his wages.  Sounds like Reading might be happy with that, financially.  And, subject to a successful loan spell and a potential takeover, we make him a permanent offer at a later date.
  • jac52 said:
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-bowyer-on-contract-talks-with-lyle-taylor-anfernee-dijksteel-and-jason-pearce/

Lee Bowyer wants Anfernee Dijksteel to sign a new contract – and has vowed there will be no other young players running down their terms at Charlton Athletic.

“I’ve told his agent: ‘Either come in and sign or things will be slightly different’.”

is that a threat?

Bow's obviously frustrated with the shambles created by the owner after all.
  • edited July 2019
    Ferryman said:
    jac52 said:
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-bowyer-on-contract-talks-with-lyle-taylor-anfernee-dijksteel-and-jason-pearce/

Lee Bowyer wants Anfernee Dijksteel to sign a new contract – and has vowed there will be no other young players running down their terms at Charlton Athletic.

“I’ve told his agent: ‘Either come in and sign or things will be slightly different’.”

is that a threat?

Bow's obviously frustrated with the shambles created by the owner after all.
    Almost equivalent to the shambles the FA have created by closing the English window on 8th August while the European (World?) window remains open until 31st.  It almost certainly means that Bielik will go abroad, and ditto any decent loans.  We will only get to choose from "those requiring experience" ie untried.
  • Sponsored links:

In all honesty yes. It's my view but I seriously hate player power. Players should feel privileged to play for big clubs and lead a luxury line of work. Players not working with the clubs that gave them a platform does my head in. Just look at the Neymar situation at PSG and Pogba at Man U. Players who act up like that should be sold. If I owned a club I would transfer list any player who was running down their contract, bring in a player who wants to play for the shirt and the fans. 

The Aribo situation was different though, we are desperate and have a shite owner. If we were a stable club and players agents were trying to stiff us I would be getting rid.

But yes, hot shots with their dodgy agents would be getting moved on as quick as possible
  • May I just remind everyone we are all on the same side. 

Roland is the enemy 
  • Summer 2019 Bickering Thread, where only the pettiest of arguments are settled...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    jac52 said:

It's a bit disingenuous to say that JA was 'running down his contract' when the one he was offered was quickly whipped away from him....... 
    Yeah it was definitely that simple. 

I understood it to be Aribo's agent wasn't happy with the offer so the contract was spitefully withdrawn and a worse one put in its place. It was apparently a decent offer.
    If thats true then I quite like that as a two fingers approach to the Agent

Of course its frustrating as we came off worse in the sense that we dont have the player now but still makes me smile to think of the Agent's reaction when he basically got a f**k you from Roland
    Not sure what it achieved taking it off the table and replacing it with a poorer one! If you want the player to sign, surely you don't mess around with silly gestures.
  • So is Williams working his notice :wink:
    Probably on gardening leave.
  • Vincenzo said:
    cawley just tweeted that bowyer hoping for bielek back on loan and arsenal have confirmed that we would be there choice

on the subject of arsenal nekitah was seen at wireless festival at the weekend and was asked by a young fan to come to charlton he laughed and said " na man "
    F*** him then.
    Nah man, I can't do that.
  • jac52 said:

is that a threat?

When his manager days are done, Bowyer will make an awesome technical director.
  • Summer 2019 Bickering Thread, where only the pettiest of arguments are settled...
    An argument got settled? Source pls
  • Sponsored links:

• Woolwich rejects
    Alo  alo
  • May I just remind everyone we are all on the same side. 

Roland is the enemy 
    But doesn’t that mean the enemy of your enemy is your friend ???
  • Baldock is a loan deal apparently, so he won’t need a pay cut. That’s according to Cawley 
    Not sure why he didn’t play much last year, but if you base his goals by his starts it’s 1 in 3
    id have him as an option.
  • edited July 2019
    Bowyer may WANT 6 players... but that is not the same as GETTING 6 players. Was it just last year (with Bowyer/Gallen) in the season we did not even have enough players to hold practice? Lee may want 6, but in the end Rat, not Bowyer nor Steve, decides whether we actually GET them. And, of course, I don't trust Rat to ever do the right thing. I'll believe it when I see it and not one second before.
  • It's not just whether we get another 6-7 but the quality of those we do get.

Spanners out spending us on proven championship  players.
  • Redhenry said:
    Anfernee wants to play for Charlton in the Champ next season, just hope he gets a decent pay rise, he's earning peanuts atm.
    Thanks @Henry Irving. @Braziliance, I pass on what I hear, for example we made a contract offer to Josh Morris, it was 1500 a week less than Fleetwood offered. I said Bowyer liked and wanted to sign him, I didn't say he was signing for us.
    @Redhenry do you think Fleetwood outbid us on wages for Morris because they wanted him in the first team? Would Bowyer have seen Morris as a first team player or a squad player? Just wondering if you feel the 1500 a week less would be because he wouldn't be a guaranteed first team player with us maybe? Or maybe he wanted to stay up north? I'd be surprised if we can't compete with Fleetwood for wages so interested if you have any further insight.
  • Redhenry said:
    Anfernee wants to play for Charlton in the Champ next season, just hope he gets a decent pay rise, he's earning peanuts atm.
    Thanks @Henry Irving. @Braziliance, I pass on what I hear, for example we made a contract offer to Josh Morris, it was 1500 a week less than Fleetwood offered. I said Bowyer liked and wanted to sign him, I didn't say he was signing for us.
    @Redhenry do you think Fleetwood outbid us on wages for Morris because they wanted him in the first team? Would Bowyer have seen Morris as a first team player or a squad player? Just wondering if you feel the 1500 a week less would be because he wouldn't be a guaranteed first team player with us maybe? Or maybe he wanted to stay up north? I'd be surprised if we can't compete with Fleetwood for wages so interested if you have any further insight.
    I’m not surprised we can’t compete with Fleetwood on wages. We have already been told by Bowyer that we have the lowest budget in the Championship. 
  • Our wages this coming year are best estimated at £10-12M. Reading is a mid-wage club last year in the Championship and look at what they pay. Peanuts does not even begin to describe our situation.