Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Lennie Lawrence used to use this ploy to attract northern players.because of the price increase of property in the south 
    And how well that did for many of them too.
  • June 21st Cawley also said “My understanding is that #cafc will not be signing Tom Eaves.”
    Forgot about that, thought it was only Millwall he said weren't interested
  • Maybe this is them ??
  • edited July 2019
    Bielik talks with AC Milan break down. If he wants guaranteed first team football and a manager who will improve him he knows who to sign for...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9466819/arsenal-whizkid-bielik-milan-transfer-talks-break-down-turmoil-concerns-playing-time
  • edited July 2019
    Croydon said:
    Millwall spending 1.2 million on a winger. How much we spent embarrassing even though millwall are a bigger club than us ☹️😬🤮
    Sickening but I’d take Bowyer over Harris all day long in getting us as competitive as them. Forget Taylor, Aneke and whoever. Our ace in the hole is without doubt Lee Bowyer. 
    Millwall will go down this year and sack Harris along the way. A Millwall fan at work doesn't think it's all as rosy as it appears on the outside.

What odds are you giving on us going down? I'll have some of them if they're competitive.

Harris cleared out the trouble-making players from last years squad, got rid of most of the deadwood and is replacing them with proven Championship players.

I'm actually really optimistic about next season, providing we add the further 2 or 3 players that we are chasing.

Who were the trouble makers?
    Twins Ronnie & Reggie,Noye,Frazer, George Davis, The Richardson Brothers and The Arif’s.............................allegedly.
  • Scoham said:
    Bielik talks with AC Milan break down. If he wants guaranteed first team football and a manager who will improve him he knows who to sign for...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9466819/arsenal-whizkid-bielik-milan-transfer-talks-break-down-turmoil-concerns-playing-time
    Shame really, under a decent owner we could probably pick Bielik up for 4-5 million.

Young, would double in price after a decent champ season, and definitely has the quality we need. 
  • Bowyer has talked about a need to add proven Championship experience at this point. Eaves and Oztumer can’t give us that.
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Maybe this is them ??
    Maybe lee camp? Pretty sure he’s out of contract as he only signed a one year at Birmingham last summer?
  • Bowyer has talked about a need to add proven Championship experience at this point. Eaves and Oztumer can’t give us that.
    He did, but I doubt he means all further signings will have Championship experience.

The Oztumer deal seems to have fallen through for whatever reason, while I don’t think he ever wanted Eaves. Pretty sure Bowyer wants pace up front, and we don’t have the budget to convince a slower target man type to sit on the bench in case we need him occasionally.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s not Turiam again is it 
  • Scoham said:
    Bowyer has talked about a need to add proven Championship experience at this point. Eaves and Oztumer can’t give us that.
    He did, but I doubt he means all further signings will have Championship experience.

The Oztumer deal seems to have fallen through for whatever reason, while I don’t think he ever wanted Eaves. Pretty sure Bowyer wants pace up front, and we don’t have the budget to convince a slower target man type to sit on the bench in case we need him occasionally.
    Sure but if he wants Cullen and Bielik back plus two more loans then we’re going to need to bring in those proven players somwhere else.

Just trying add another reason why Eaves/Oztumer might not fit the bill for us.
  • Croydon said:
    Millwall spending 1.2 million on a winger. How much we spent embarrassing even though millwall are a bigger club than us ☹️😬🤮
    Sickening but I’d take Bowyer over Harris all day long in getting us as competitive as them. Forget Taylor, Aneke and whoever. Our ace in the hole is without doubt Lee Bowyer. 
    Millwall will go down this year and sack Harris along the way. A Millwall fan at work doesn't think it's all as rosy as it appears on the outside.

What odds are you giving on us going down? I'll have some of them if they're competitive.

Harris cleared out the trouble-making players from last years squad, got rid of most of the deadwood and is replacing them with proven Championship players.

I'm actually really optimistic about next season, providing we add the further 2 or 3 players that we are chasing.

Who were the trouble makers?
    Twins Ronnie & Reggie,Noye,Frazer, George Davis, The Richardson Brothers and The Arif’s.............................allegedly.
    They all bumped into Pompey at Waterloo apparently.
  • Goalkeeper looks like Nathen Ashmore to me Ebbsfleets keeper who works for CAFC as a coach I believe.
  • that figure in the picture I understand is the goalkeeper ive heard about but it isn't the ebbsfleet keeper
  • Would love him back but can’t see us beating clubs aiming for promotion. Could also be a permanent deal which would completely rule us out.
  • Looks a bit like Boaz Myhill 

He also fits the description. 

If that isn't the keeper I did wonder about Mark Bunn from Villa on the basis Marshall knows him  
  • Only going of what he's told me, but can definitely confirm he was seen at the training ground before the squad left for Spain
    He was at the training ground on the Friday of that I am 100% sure. Was told he was having a medical and agreed terms but that obviously was incorrect. 
  • edited July 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    Scoham said:

Shame really, under a decent owner we could probably pick Bielik up for 4-5 million.

Young, would double in price after a decent champ season, and definitely has the quality we need. 
    A decent owner?  When did we pay fees like that?  That's "what we paid for Darren Bent" money. I don't know what our transfer record is, outside of the top flight, but I would guess its half that.  If that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Important to add that the keeper in question, I have heard isn't up to scratch some of the firsts telling my pal so deal looking unlikely in there eyes at least
  • Redhenry said:
    June 21st Cawley also said “My understanding is that #cafc will not be signing Tom Eaves.”
    Forgot about that, thought it was only Millwall he said weren't interested
    You must have mentioned Eaves at least twenty times on this thread, he will struggle in Champ IMHO
    What's your point? He was mentioned so I shared his tweet. You think he will struggle I don't, oh well
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Scoham said:

A decent owner?  When did we pay fees like that?  That's "what we paid for Darren Bent" money. I don't know what our transfer record is, outside of the top flight, but I would guess its half that.  If that. 
    You are aware how much football has changed even since we dipped to league 1?

An owner who wants promotion from this league needs to be prepared to spend 8-10 million at a minimum. Even Sheffield United threw a bit of money about last year.

• Laddick01 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Scoham said:

An owner who wants promotion from this league needs to be prepared to spend 8-10 million at a minimum. Even Sheffield United threw a bit of money about last year.

I am very much aware how much the championship has changed, I keep tell people who think we will be pushing for the play offs. 

I think an owner who is prepared to finance these sort of signings would be a bit better than "decent" don't you? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Scoham said:

I am very much aware how much the championship has changed, I keep tell people who think we will be pushing for the play offs. 

I think an owner who is prepared to finance these sort of signings would be a bit better than "decent" don't you? 
    The sad reality is, that even in the championship, 4-5 million is becoming a smaller and smaller amount.

Wolves, Villa, Derby etc etc have all spent exorbitant amounts of money. If we want to cement ourselves as a decent mid table side occasionally pushing for playoffs we’d need an owner to spend a bit. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Scoham said:

Nowadays a Darren Bent type player goes to the Prem for more than we sold him to Spurs for.

The Championship has changed a lot in the last few years we’ve been out of it. It’s now normal for average clubs to pay the sort of money we did for a signing in our early Prem years.
  • 23 days left until Blackburn. Six at least need to come in to even give us a fighting chance. Not good preparation is it ?
    Everyone said the same last season..... 
  • Goalkeeper looks like Nathen Ashmore to me Ebbsfleets keeper who works for CAFC as a coach I believe.
    Not Ashmore - he's much....bigger (loves a pie)

Pretty sure he's nothing to do with CAFC too - are you thinking of Deren Ibrahim of Gibraltar?
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Scoham said:

Nowadays a Darren Bent type player goes to the Prem for more than we sold him to Spurs for.

The Championship has changed a lot in the last few years we’ve been out of it. It’s now normal for average clubs to pay the sort of money we did for a signing in our early Prem years.
    Sorry I know its "normal" now, it's also normal for championship clubs to loose boat loads of cash every year. I now know its not what @Laddick01 ment but there seems to be a lot of people implying that the "club" has money and Roland is just not spending it and a "decent" owner would.

The harsh reality, is as you say, you need to spend a lot of money to compete in this league now.  As an aside the season Richard Murray "really went for it" signing Mendonca and Holmes we spent in todays money £3,000,000 (adjusted for inflation).  Not sure what that would get you today.