Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Villa closing in on Konsa for £12m. Would be nice if Bower and Gallen get the sell-on fee to use in the market, but we all know it’s going straight in Roland’s back pocket..
    How much has Roland put in his "back pocket"?   
    Couldn’t give an exact figure - but pretty much every penny we have got from selling players hasn’t been reinvested back into the club at all. I’m not going to pedantically argue over the term “back pocket” - call it what you will, but the money certainly hasn’t gone back into the team
    But selling players to cover costs has been "normal" for Charlton for longer than I can remember.  I get the fact that no extra money has been invested in the team, if we had the semblance of a functional smt it might have been but how much of the Shelvey money, the Bowyer money or the Robert Lee money was?

I can't count, on 2 fingers, the time a Charlton player was sold for significant money and the money reinvested in the playing squad.  Funny enough we got promoted both seasons as well. 
    I understand that - but that says nothing apart from we’ve had bad owners before Roland as well? There’s a huge difference between selling players to keep the club afloat and selling players to increase a billionaires cash flow. Even Powell got the money from Jenkinson to Arsenal. Imagine what we could have done with some of the Lookman/Konsa/Pope/Gomez/JBG money 
    It hasn't though, it has just reduced the losses made by the club

There are masses of things to criticise Roland for, but I share his concern at the finances of football, especially in the Championship. Just because some foreign owners are prepared to lose £20m to £40m a season, it doesn't follow that this should be considered normal
  • I was one deal too early. If Villa sell him, their sell on is full fee.
    That sounds ridiculous. Can't believe any club would spend £12m on a player that they'd get nothing for if they sold him.
  • edited July 2019
  • jac52 said:
    I was one deal too early. If Villa sell him, their sell on is full fee.
    That sounds ridiculous. Can't believe any club would spend £12m on a player that they'd get nothing for if they sold him.
    He means Brentford’s sell on is a % of whatever Villa sell him for, not just a % of any profit Villa make.
  • Seems to have all gone really quiet. Personally I wouldn’t rule out another departure still. 
  • Seems to have all gone really quiet. Personally I wouldn’t rule out another departure still. 
    More to Taylor/Pearce talking about new deals than meets the eye? 
  • edited July 2019
    Seems to have all gone really quiet. Personally I wouldn’t rule out another departure still. 
    If either were to go - particularly Taylor, obviously - that would be up there with selling Yann. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Seems to have all gone really quiet. Personally I wouldn’t rule out another departure still. 
    If either were to go - particularly Taylor, obviously - that would be up there with selling Yann. 
    It would be worse IMO..... bearing in mind the current state of the rest of the squad 
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Bowyer doing a presser today? 

• Valley11 said:
    It would be worse IMO..... bearing in mind the current state of the rest of the squad 
    At least with Yann we got a replacement (Polish Pete).
    me neither...
  • Creepy tweeting that he doesn’t think Konsa has a sell on clause, but he’s trying to get confirmation.
  • Thommo said:
    Creepy tweeting that he doesn’t think Konsa has a sell on clause, but he’s trying to get confirmation.
    Why add a sell on clause to a club who are pretty much an established Championship club at threat of neither promotion or relegation and is known to sell on its players for increased profit
    Exactly, it makes far too much sense doesn't it, so you can almost be sure that Roland didn't. 
  • Lee did its unlikely anymore bussiness would be dome before Welling. It seems to me they know there main targets and for whatever reason they are having to be patient.
  • Sponsored links:

• Konza gone. I hate Roland. The guy is a twerp. Aribo, Gonez, and Konza. All good players. If that man had any football sense or logic he would have been a lot of money on those deals. We would have a healthy transfer kitty by now. 
  • This Konsa transfer to Villa has really pissed me off for some reason. But am I surprised.... hah, not really. Bet Roland is going to be furious when he finds out what he’s missed out on bearing in mind he doesn’t do failure 😂😂
  • _MrDick said:
    This Konsa transfer to Villa has really pissed me off for some reason. But am I surprised.... hah, not really. Bet Roland is going to be furious when he finds out what he’s missed out on bearing in mind he doesn’t do failure 😂😂
    Hope he gets fuck all out of it. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Konza gone. I hate Roland. The guy is a twerp. Aribo, Gonez, and Konza. All good players. If that man had any football sense or logic he would have been a lot of money on those deals. We would have a healthy transfer kitty by now. 
    £6.23mil I believe on those three players. Beyond a joke to be honest.

Konsa go for double that amount today alone. Gomez would be worth 8x that amount in today's market. Aribo probably would have been sold for that amount, again in today's market, if it was another club that was run properly.
  • Sage said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Konza gone. I hate Roland. The guy is a twerp. Aribo, Gonez, and Konza. All good players. If that man had any football sense or logic he would have been a lot of money on those deals. We would have a healthy transfer kitty by now. 
    £6.23mil I believe on those three players. Beyond a joke to be honest.

Konsa go for double that amount today alone. Gomez would be worth 8x that amount in today's market. Aribo probably would have been sold for that amount, again in today's market, if it was another club that was run properly.
    Add Karlan Grant to that figure if you want to make yourself even more ill
  • Why are people even bothered about how much we get for players? It doesn't get reinvested in the team anyway it just means more money in Rolys pocket, if he's too stupid to negotiate decent deals then he's the one losing money, isn't that what people want ?
  • So that means that there is only  one player with a sell on clause?? Lookman? He has nothing else left than Gomes England appearances??  Hope that means the he gets out of our club. 
  • edited July 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    I really miss Gonez and Konza... Not forgetting Gomes.

I'd have them over Gomez and Konsa every damn day!
  • jondon76 said:
    Why are people even bothered about how much we get for players? It doesn't get reinvested in the team anyway it just means more money in Rolys pocket, if he's too stupid to negotiate decent deals then he's the one losing money, isn't that what people want ?
    Because it further highlights how bloody inept Roland is

It is frustrating that we dont get any money back into the team from these sales

But just reiterates how clueless the bloke is