Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I'll wait until it's on the OS
    We need an acronym or sumin for this.

I'll work on one and get back to you.
    IWOOAGBTY
    Doesn't really scan does it
  • For those saying its just a pboto and could have been left up from last season.

If you have instagram and see the full post you will see he moves a coat from a hook and his photo is underneath, he moves another coat from a hook amd u see Williams picture, looks like the players have pictures up by where their stuff goes and to me with Williams having his up, that tells me he is signing
    No it doesnt. It just means that over the summer the coat hook photos were left as they were, and when Williams rocked up for training he just left his stuff where he had been leaving it last time he was at Sparrows Lane.
    This. He is still training with us so why wouldnt he have a peg in the changing room. Weird how some people piss their pants when  all that happened is a coatpeg was revealed. 
    Not this.

If it was a random picture of the area and u saw the photo in the background fair enough, but they way Lyle has done it, tells me their has been movement, cant see Lyle trying to wind us up on purpose
    The players probably piss themselves about the fans wetting themselves all over the internet about posts like that - every chance it is just a wind up!
  • Talal said:
    Arsenal's squad looks shite. They drift further from Man City every season.
    Agreed. An awful lot of dead wood and averageness in that list of players 

Incidentally Tyreece John-Jules (a young striker) is the nephew of Red Dwarf style Danny John-Jules
    Is he a goalkeeper?
  • kodfish said:
    Talal said:
    Arsenal's squad looks shite. They drift further from Man City every season.
    Agreed. An awful lot of dead wood and averageness in that list of players 

Incidentally Tyreece John-Jules (a young striker) is the nephew of Red Dwarf style Danny John-Jules
    Is he a goalkeeper?
    Is he coming to us. That would bé cool.
  • ESPN says Lookman likely going to RB Leipzig for £22.5M. Doubt we will see any of that sell on value either.
  • ESPN says Lookman likely going to RB Leipzig for £22.5M. Doubt we will see any of that sell on value either.
    Katrien Meire says..."huh!"
  • and that just adds to the misery. 
  • Saw this earlier.

Any of these would be interesting if Forest want to offload and pay an element of the wages . 

Nottingham Forest have told Michael Hefele, Daryl Murphy, Liam Bridcutt and Luke Steele they are free to find other clubs.

• Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:

Saw this earlier.

Any of these would be interesting if Forest want to offload and pay an element of the wages . 

Nottingham Forest have told Michael Hefele, Daryl Murphy, Liam Bridcutt and Luke Steele they are free to find other clubs.

I'd probably take Bridcutt and Steele. Wouldn't want Murphy and don't know a lot about Hefele. 
  • Daryl Murphy would be a class signing at this level

Didnt really score too many at Forest but got a good few whilst at Ipswich and reckon he could replicate that in the right system
  • So lets see about Liam Bridcutt.
    Is age 30, late for most midfielders. He has 1 goal in 178 matches in The Championship over his whole career. He was signed by Sunderland for £4.2M in 2014 and has since been sold for less than that twice by clubs wanting to offload him and now this will be offload number three. He is not good enough for another team in our own division and after looking at the Forest Forum page, no one there will miss him.
    I call that a "pass."

• edited July 2019
    I wonder what is going on with signings. Seems we started brightly and were getting the players we wanted. That seems to have ground to a halt. Is it an impending takeover or just struggling to get deals over the line with the wages on offer? 
  • edited July 2019
    Valley11 said:
    I wonder what is going on with signings. Seems we started brightly and were getting the players we wanted. That seems to have ground to a halt. Is it an impending takeover or just struggling to get deals over the line with the wages on offer? 
    One day, it will because of this - I doubt that is today
  • edited July 2019
  • Valley11 said:
    Most of our remaining signings will be loans though, and they tend to happen later
  • Daryl Murphy would be a class signing at this level

Didnt really score too many at Forest but got a good few whilst at Ipswich and reckon he could replicate that in the right system
    I'm not sure, he's 36 and seems to be declining. 
    Is age 30, late for most midfielders. He has 1 goal in 178 matches in The Championship over his whole career. He was signed by Sunderland for £4.2M in 2014 and has since been sold for less than that twice by clubs wanting to offload him and now this will be offload number three. He is not good enough for another team in our own division and after looking at the Forest Forum page, no one there will miss him.
    I call that a "pass."

Was highly rated by Brighton but wanted to try his luck at a higher division, maybe too early. Right club might do him good. 
  • Sponsored links:

I call that a "pass."

I would say 30 is the prime for that sort of player.

I liked Bridcutt at  Brighton and posted this following Bowyer's comments about Pratley and his invaluable experience.

We need to take informed chances. 
  • Forest want to get rid, not fund 90% of his wages. Bridcutt is probably on £20k - £30k per wk & we are paying max of £4k. 

That's why no-one is signing for us. So far it's been 3 lower league players. We wont be signing anyone who is currently playing for a Championship club & certainly no-one who has been on Premiership type wages.....not until Aug 8th that is. Wages in the Championship have lived up a few notches since we were last playing there - even a journeyman pro will be looking at £8k -£10k. Why do you think Bauer went to Preston or Aribo to Rangers - it wasn't for footballing reasons. 
    I call that a "pass."

Not fair to judge him on goals, the bloke is a defensive midfielder. And there will be numerous players deemed not good enough for our Championship rivals who could do a job for us. 
    Perhaps. But I trust their own fans, who have seen him in person for some time. Not one person on their board want him back. That alone is good enough for me. His value in Transfermarkt has dropped 4 straight years, a bad sign, And paying a transfer fee to get a midfielder who will be 31 this season is very unlikely to be a wise investment, in my opinion.
    I call that a "pass."

Not fair to judge him on goals, the bloke is a defensive midfielder. And there will be numerous players deemed not good enough for our Championship rivals who could do a job for us. 
    Perhaps. But I trust their own fans, who have seen him in person for some time. Not one person on their board want him back. That alone is good enough for me. His value in Transfermarkt has dropped 4 straight years, a bad sign, And paying a transfer fee to get a midfielder who will be 31 this season is very unlikely to be a wise investment, in my opinion.
    I know nowt about him but no one on the Leicester boards had a decent thing to say about Yann when he joined us and he was exceptional and should undoubtedly have played PL football for longer than he did IMO.
  • edited July 2019
    So lets see about Liam Bridcutt.
    I call that a "pass."

I know nowt about him but no one on the Leicester boards had a decent thing to say about Yann when he joined us and he was exceptional and should undoubtedly have played PL football for longer than he did IMO.
    So the old... "there is one exception way over here, way back when, that disproves the multitude of studies that say the contrary" theory? ;)

It's the same thing I was mentioning in another thread... people always find one or two outliers and then project that fallacy out that the basic argument is flawed. Mountains of studies show players peak by age 25-27 and generally start declining afterwards. One study even shows the peak is 23-25. (Defenders peak between 25-29, across studies, as do keepers.) By age 30 you are taking a real big risk, not just with quality but with injuries too. I do not wish to hope we are the outlier-geniuses that find the diamond in the rough that disproves the aggregate of facts and odds.

We are a small club and to fight the very established odds (to me) is a big mistake. We need to go with the odds and make every player count, not hope some 30-31 year old being told he can leave another club in our division because he is not good enough is somehow going to morph from a frog to a swan under Lee's care. For a transfer fee no less. At least that is how I see it. If anyone wants links to data and studies on when football players peak, PM me. I have studies by universities, economists and FIFA, itself, for those interested.
  • Redhenry said:
    What would the debt be if we had got the true value for those players?
    Yeah this bothers me too. Lot of comments about how any sell in clause or increase in value would have gone to Roland’s back pocket.

I reckon he’s an idiot and wants to try and recover close to what he has laid out, even though much of what he has laid out was due to his own poor decisions or those of his supervised staff.

the lower the amount he feels he has lost, the lower the asking price.

now I know this isn’t normally the way acquisitions work. You pay as acquirer what you think the business is worth and, if there is some untapped value there maybe a bit more to meet the seller’s needs and to close the deal.

what you never do is pay well over 
  • Not a rumour but a player I'd like to see is Tom Adeyemi. Mr sick note but signed for big clubs and only 27. Unattached.
  • cafc-west said:
    Watched him play a couple of times last season for Hythe, he was far too good for the Bostick South-East
  • We do have a sell on clause for Lookman, correct? If we do and he pockets it, Rat might actually break-even in 2019-20. Which worries me because it means he can keep holding out like a jerk. In his mind he is playing with house money and without a loss facing him, he might well wait til season's end and see if he can lure new buyers at a higher price. Of course that is dumb but this is Roland we are talking about.

£10M operating loss in 2018-19 (based on estimates)

+£6M in "solidarity payments" in The Championship (Airman)
    +£1M in additional matchday due to higher ST sales
    +£3M in sell on fee for Lookman?
    -----
    £0 Loss in 2019-2020.