Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Here's a rumour, not being funny but if that was true and some cocky footballer who hasn't even made it yet mugged us off like that I would have been tempted to two foot him 

Scratch Nketiah off the list 

Edit: I know he obviously may not have said that but I am speaking hypothetically 
    How is saying 'nah man' mugging anyone off ? 
    Hold the door for me for a sec could ya mate? 'nah man'

Hold my drink for a second while I tie my shoe? ' nah man' 

Whatever way you have said those two words it's disrespectful. Something like 'hopefully I can break into the Arsenal team no disrespect' would be a bit more respectable if the story is true. Each to their own but if someone responded to me that smug I wouldn't have anything to do with them 
    Think you need to chill out a bit. Dudes there to enjoy himself, not have a monologue with a stranger.
    What do you mean by chill out? I'm not sitting here raging, it's just my view if someone was that disrespectful to me I just wouldn't bother. 

I am just saying if the story was true and Nketiah had that smug disregard for my club I wouldn't want him playing for it. My opinion, perfectly chilled out

Probably worth adding as well that he then took a picture so it's not like he was in a rush 
    I think you are jumping to conclusions though. If he has other options and doesn’t want to join us doesn’t mean he is cocky or disrespecting us. 
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Here's a rumour, not being funny but if that was true and some cocky footballer who hasn't even made it yet mugged us off like that I would have been tempted to two foot him 

Edit: I know he obviously may not have said that but I am speaking hypothetically 

Whatever way you have said those two words it's disrespectful. Something like 'hopefully I can break into the Arsenal team no disrespect' would be a bit more respectable if the story is true. Each to their own but if someone responded to me that smug I wouldn't have anything to do with them 
    Think you need to chill out a bit. Dudes there to enjoy himself, not have a monologue with a stranger.
    What do you mean by chill out? I'm not sitting here raging, it's just my view if someone was that disrespectful to me I just wouldn't bother. 

I am just saying if the story was true and Nketiah had that smug disregard for my club I wouldn't want him playing for it. My opinion, perfectly chilled out

Probably worth adding as well that he then took a picture so it's not like he was in a rush 
    I think you are jumping to conclusions though. If he has other options and doesn’t want to join us doesn’t mean he is cocky or disrespecting us. 
    Going by what Rich Cawley has said he's got options in the Prem and Bundesliga, he might have found the notion of coming to a newly promoted Championship team insulting or ridiculous, and if Cawley is right then you can hardly blame him. 
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Hence why I have said hypothetical and if he actually said that...
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Hence why I have said hypothetical and if he actually said that...
    But even if he said that it doesn’t mean he is being disrespectful. We are biased and want every player to join us, we can’t get pissed off if a player doesn’t feel the same. You would spend a long time on the floor if you went round two footing anyone who doesn’t want to play for Charlton. 
  • Had a quick look through the free agents that last played in prem/champ/lge1 - a player that stood out that hasnt been mentioned before and still without a club is Danny Williams, defensive midfielder played for Huddersfield last few seasons but played most of his career for Reading - still only 30. Wages probably a big issue. Not a huge amount of other realistic central midfield options about though.
  • Ok last post on my view because I don't want to clog up the thread with new posts for someone who expects it to be a proper rumour and it's just an extended argument on a view of a hypothetical situation. 

I am aware Nketiah doesn't have to nor will he probably play for us, I also would not actually two foot a person for simply saying 'nah man' it was tongue in cheek. 

If Nketiah simply replied with nah man (IF that conversation actually took place) when asked if he would play for us I find that hugely disrespectful and personally I would stop talking to someone with that attitude about them straight away. As an example and I know it's different, imagine you just so happen to bump into Lyle on a train as we seem to do, and said to him 'hey Lyle, would love to see you sign an extension, reckon you will? 'Nah man' that's it. That blunt, you would obviously be a bit taken back by it, if it wouldn't bother someone then that's just a difference in personality.

Hope this clears everything up based on a pass by comment on a rumour I saw on twitter
  • SLP just said Bowyer doesn’t expect any incomings before Welling game Saturday.  

With that in mind I look forward to a week of bickering on here.
  • Do you want sugar in your coffee? 
    Nah Man
    Have you watched last night's love island?
    Nah Man
    Will you come and play for Charlton on loan?
    Nah Man

I don't see how that's different, what if he's already got a move lined up? What if when he was younger he was a palace fan? What if he's been asking Sanogo about how it was at Charlton instead of asking Bielik?

Like many have said before me, your take on a conversation that probably didn't even happen is a bit much
  • SLP just said Bowyer doesn’t expect any incomings before Welling game Saturday.  

not quite what he said

"“So it could all change quickly.

“I don’t think anyone will be coming in before Welling, but that can change easily.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-provides-transfer-update/
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    A lot of Russians out here but the regular 5.30pm 8/9 a side football match, played in intense 35 degree heat has unearthed some real talent. Playing as a nr.10, i've been supplying the bullets for Yergi, a big russian who literally does not miss. Our backline is marshalled by a Baressi type character who must be 60 and with his 2 east european type defenders, again, around 50, they are a formidable unit.  My youngest is adding a bit of box to box and we have a croatian powerhouse who just plays wherever. Against us are a team of 'amusement arcades', mainly made up from the 'animation team' - super fit, run all day, tricks and flicks left right and centre but they just can't beat us. 4-4 today and they had an extra man. They have a team of williams / otzumers / fosu's  - undeniable skill and ability but football really is about a blend. 8 or 9 bielik, cullens, taylors and purringtons and a couple of tricksters is all you need. It's so much about the manager to get that right - the fact Leicester won the premier league tells us it ain't all about wages / budget - flukes can happen and we could just pull one off next year - a couple of rejuvenated talents, a couple of great prem loans and who knows what could happen. Bowyer clearly believes. COYR!!!!

Someone’s been on the sauce on holiday!
    true but in the cold light of day i have made arrangements for 4 of the animation team to have a trial - along with myself, my son and yergi so that's the 3 permanents and 4 loans wrapped up

not quite what he said

“I don’t think anyone will be coming in before Welling, but that can change easily.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-provides-transfer-update/
    Exactly.

In other words he is saying that at this current moment, we aren't close enough to get in someone before the weekend, but used the Purrington deal as an example as to how it can change quickly, so that would infer he has a little bit of hope that we could do something beforehand but right now, probably not.

As I mentioned previously, it is the first week back for Premier League clubs, things will start to move along now at a quicker rate. If it means we have to wait another 7 days to bring in a few players, but players we actually want, so be it.
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

he could be desperate to join us (highly unlikely) but nah man could be just his way of saying 'no, its likely to be xyz' as opposed to 'you must be f~~king joking'  - anyway, once the turkish holiday boys turn up he'll be a distant memory
  • Sage said:
    SLP just said Bowyer doesn’t expect any incomings before Welling game Saturday.  

not quite what he said

Exactly.

In other words he is saying that at this current moment, we aren't close enough to get in someone before the weekend, but used the Purrington deal as an example as to how it can change quickly, so that would infer he has a little bit of hope that we could do something beforehand but right now, probably not.

As I mentioned previously, it is the first week back for Premier League clubs, things will start to move along now at a quicker rate. If it means we have to wait another 7 days to bring in a few players, but players we actually want, so be it.
    Bickering has already began.

waiting for the incoming trial package
  • edited July 2019

not quite what he said

What's happened to Oztumer then?

Gone from 'on the verge of signing' to hearing absolutely nothing about him. Is he considering other offers, staying at Bolton, or perhaps we're waiting to see if Williams will sign and then we may not need him. Anyone heard anything?
  • The hero of our only victory over Millwall in recent years (but for a blind referee)
  • Leuth said:
    The hero of our only victory over Millwall in recent years (but for a blind referee)
    Patrick Bauer 2nd most famous goal for Charlton 
  • I think Bowyer wants Amos but it’s going to come down to wages. 

If Bowyer wants 7, and 5 are on loan then I guess it’s dependent on what percentage of the loanees wages 
    we have to pay. If we get a good deal like we did with Cullen or Bielik then it might free up a bit more to offer the couple of freebies. 

For that reason I genuinely see a quiet July and a busy first week in August. 
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    Sage said:

not quite what he said

Exactly.

Who’s bickering?
  • Sage said:
    PopIcon said:
    Sage said:

not quite what he said

Exactly.

Who’s bickering?
    No one.  BR7 is a snowflake : - )
  • I can't help but think that last season was just a one off as far as loans were concerned. The planets aligned and most of our better performers have now gone back to their parent clubs. Bowyer and Gallen are really going to have to lay on the charm to get anyone decent on board. I hope the rabbit they pull out of the hat isn't riddled with the dreaded mixxy!!! 
  • Sage said:
    PopIcon said:
    Sage said:

not quite what he said

Exactly.

Who’s bickering?
    Quite the opposite, I love the bickering on here!
  • Sage said:
    PopIcon said:
    Sage said:

not quite what he said

Exactly.

Who’s bickering?
    Quite the opposite, I love the bickering on here!
    its like love island or the jungle / bb - much more interesting when people are 'bickering' 
  • The stumbling block on all perms is gonna be wages
  • Scoham said:
    RedChaser said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    A 10 is a striker - one who comes deep for the ball to his feet / head who will play with another who goes on the shoulder or stretches defenders out wide (taylor). 1 more striker will complete the set - aneke and taylor first choice, bonne the up and coming bit part and a pace merchant hopefully to be added who can come on as our modern day martin pringle for the last 20. That or a fox in the box but personally i'd say the pace is more important given that taylor and aneke bot know where the goal is.   
    Bowyer plays a 4-4-2 diamond or 5-3-2/3-5-2 though, so by 10 he means the player at the tip of the diamond, or the attacking midfielder in the 3.
    nope - one of the front 2
    I'm talking about what Bowyer means, not what a number 10 may or may not be historically or in the wider football world. I agree in a 4-4-2 a number 10 is a striker, but Bowyer's talking about a creative attacking midfield role, which can also be described as a number 10. There's more than one definition, a 10 is either a striker dropping deep or an attacking midfielder just behind the striker(s).

Watch the interview linked to above. Bowyer says:

"Chuks is a number 10, so he's a midfielder. So at the moment we have Lyle and Macauley, so we'll be looking to bring in minimum 1 but hopefully 2 more strikers. We know Chuks can adapt, but that's not why we brought Chuks in, we've brought Chuks in to score goals from the middle of the park and to provide because he's very good at assists as well."
    The problem with playing Taylor and Aneke together is that neither of them are an out and out striker. 

Aneke (as we know from what Bowyer has said) will play deeper and Taylor always wanders out wide. So if that happens who is getting into the middle? 

Wasn't so much of a problem last year in league one as we had Grant for half a season or when we were dominating sides like we did in many games, but in the championship (especially in away games) where we might only get 2-3 chances, we need a striker who's going to get in the middle and take a half chance.
    What a goal hanger type of player you mean? An Ajose mark 2 doesn't appeal to me, I'll stick with Taylor & Chuks or a +1 who puts a shift in for the team. 
    Someone like Grant who has the pace and skill to offer a threat in deep or wide positions but is still a striker who will get in goalscoring positions in and around the box. 
    Another Taylor would be good, someone who is equally good at scoring as they are at assisting. 
  • Richard J said:
    I see Lockyer as the Bielik replacement and Aneke is in for Reeves Bonne for Hacket Fairchild which leaves in squad terms. I think we need nine 
    Maxwell GK
    Bauer RCB
    Cullen MF
    Aribo MF
    Fosu MF
    Williams MF
    Marshall MF 
    Parker ST
    Vetekele ST
    Would say Bonne is more Parker than RHF
    Have just read this and can't decide if this is good or bad?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    RedChaser said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    A 10 is a striker - one who comes deep for the ball to his feet / head who will play with another who goes on the shoulder or stretches defenders out wide (taylor). 1 more striker will complete the set - aneke and taylor first choice, bonne the up and coming bit part and a pace merchant hopefully to be added who can come on as our modern day martin pringle for the last 20. That or a fox in the box but personally i'd say the pace is more important given that taylor and aneke bot know where the goal is.   
    Bowyer plays a 4-4-2 diamond or 5-3-2/3-5-2 though, so by 10 he means the player at the tip of the diamond, or the attacking midfielder in the 3.
    nope - one of the front 2
    I'm talking about what Bowyer means, not what a number 10 may or may not be historically or in the wider football world. I agree in a 4-4-2 a number 10 is a striker, but Bowyer's talking about a creative attacking midfield role, which can also be described as a number 10. There's more than one definition, a 10 is either a striker dropping deep or an attacking midfielder just behind the striker(s).

Watch the interview linked to above. Bowyer says:

"Chuks is a number 10, so he's a midfielder. So at the moment we have Lyle and Macauley, so we'll be looking to bring in minimum 1 but hopefully 2 more strikers. We know Chuks can adapt, but that's not why we brought Chuks in, we've brought Chuks in to score goals from the middle of the park and to provide because he's very good at assists as well."
    The problem with playing Taylor and Aneke together is that neither of them are an out and out striker. 

Aneke (as we know from what Bowyer has said) will play deeper and Taylor always wanders out wide. So if that happens who is getting into the middle? 

Wasn't so much of a problem last year in league one as we had Grant for half a season or when we were dominating sides like we did in many games, but in the championship (especially in away games) where we might only get 2-3 chances, we need a striker who's going to get in the middle and take a half chance.
    What a goal hanger type of player you mean? An Ajose mark 2 doesn't appeal to me, I'll stick with Taylor & Chuks or a +1 who puts a shift in for the team. 
    Someone like Grant who has the pace and skill to offer a threat in deep or wide positions but is still a striker who will get in goalscoring positions in and around the box. 
    Another Taylor would be good, someone who is equally good at scoring as they are at assisting. 
    Agree though at least we have an alternative already in Aneke. Currently Bonne is our only striker in the Grant mould and Bowyer’s said he’s not here to go straight in.