Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    Haven’t watched this yet but apparently Bowyer has said he wants 2 or 3 permanent signings and four loans. Also talks about Aneke coming in as a 10, so we need 1 ideally 2 strikers.
    But then Aneke talks about forming a "partnership" with Taylor here.

I'm fully expecting that he will cover two positions and I really don't think we will get another two strikers, as much as I'd love it. IF we do get Baldock, then I'd expect that to be it.
  • I think we will have 3 strikers with Aneke playing as a 10. Then we have a choice between moving Aneke up or playing Bonne as 4th choice if we need it. 
  • edited July 2019
    A 10 is a striker - one who comes deep for the ball to his feet / head who will play with another who goes on the shoulder or stretches defenders out wide (taylor). 1 more striker will complete the set - aneke and taylor first choice, bonne the up and coming bit part and a pace merchant hopefully to be added who can come on as our modern day martin pringle for the last 20. That or a fox in the box but personally i'd say the pace is more important given that taylor and aneke bot know where the goal is.   
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Haven’t watched this yet but apparently Bowyer has said he wants 2 or 3 permanent signings and four loans. Also talks about Aneke coming in as a 10, so we need 1 ideally 2 strikers.
    So Aneke is probably the reason it’s gone quiet on Otzumer. 
    Well if we signed Williams that would be two players for that position, can’t see us having three in any position.
    I'd be disappointed if we don't sign Oztumer after all. I think he carries a goal threat and the ability to do the unexpected, which you need to unlock defences at this higher level. Ideally, I'd have Jonny as well, but if it has to be one, Oztumer would get my nod.
  • Davo55 said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    So Aneke is probably the reason it’s gone quiet on Otzumer. 
    Well if we signed Williams that would be two players for that position, can’t see us having three in any position.
    I'd be disappointed if we don't sign Oztumer after all. I think he carries a goal threat and the ability to do the unexpected, which you need to unlock defences at this higher level. Ideally, I'd have Jonny as well, but if it has to be one, Oztumer would get my nod.
    I agree. I think that away teams tend to sit deep to see what you have to offer and progressively have a go once they realise that you’re not carrying too much of a threat. I think that Oztumer is the sort of player who could help us carve out three critical home points in tight matches at The Valley. The guy also has a point to prove at this level after a difficult year at Bolton. Joe Aribo is going to be a very hard act to follow and we do need a bit of real invention in the side.
  • Scoham said:
    But then Aneke talks about forming a "partnership" with Taylor here.

I'm fully expecting that he will cover two positions and I really don't think we will get another two strikers, as much as I'd love it. IF we do get Baldock, then I'd expect that to be it.
    I think he was prompted to talk about a partnership by the comms team. I think Bowyer has now stated he really sees him as a 10, and backup ST.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    A 10 is a striker - one who comes deep for the ball to his feet / head who will play with another who goes on the shoulder or stretches defenders out wide (taylor). 1 more striker will complete the set - aneke and taylor first choice, bonne the up and coming bit part and a pace merchant hopefully to be added who can come on as our modern day martin pringle for the last 20. That or a fox in the box but personally i'd say the pace is more important given that taylor and aneke bot know where the goal is.   
    Bowyer plays a 4-4-2 diamond or 5-3-2/3-5-2 though, so by 10 he means the player at the tip of the diamond, or the attacking midfielder in the 3.
    nope - one of the front 2
  • DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Bowyer plays a 4-4-2 diamond or 5-3-2/3-5-2 though, so by 10 he means the player at the tip of the diamond, or the attacking midfielder in the 3.
    nope - one of the front 2
    The 10 is the tip of the diamond.
  • Richard Cawley is tweeting that we're interested in signing Bona Fide.
    What colour is he?
  • "Darren Pratley was priceless"

Says Bowyer.

nuff said
    He certainly was, we wouldn’t have made it through the playoffs without him. Stood tall at two moments of deep crisis. 

Darren Pratley: Free

Semi-final saving goal in extra time, and inspirational leadership after a calamitous own goal in the final: Priceless 

For everything else, there’s MasterCard
    Might come is useful for the running costs if the Aussies buy us. 
  • So are there two Sam Baldocks? And this Sam Baldock might not be the one Powell was after?
    George Baldock maybe ! His brother 
  • Sponsored links:

• "Darren Pratley was priceless"

Says Bowyer.

nuff said
    Doesn’t mean we want him as a regular starter now though 
  • Just for clarification of course.

My new Director is a Scottish lady from Edinburgh.

A colleague's description of her before we met her was "She's a young Sweaty".

Now is this racist, sexist or ageist?

There's a prize from our HR team who can get nearest to correct answer.
  • edited July 2019
  • Addickted said:
    Just for clarification of course.

All 3. I claim my prize. 
  • Addickted said:
    Just for clarification of course.

It’s either because she is a “sweaty sock “or more likely that she is a “ Nippy Sweetie “ . That’s apparently a Scottish description of a girl seemingly very pleasant on the basis of outward impression but far from it when you get to know her .
  • So are there two Sam Baldocks? And this Sam Baldock might not be the one Powell was after?
    There were originally two Sam Baldocks, but once they had both started attending school their parents realised that it was causing confusion so they changed the name of one of them to Gillian. Gillian did not like his new name so asked to be called "George".

Bowyer is not fussy which one he signs. He just wants to "get another body in the building".

Hope that clears things up.
  • Not rumour but if we are going to sign a striker from Reading then suggest Mark McNulty - apparently not in Reading plans for next season and had a great last season with Hibs and got a Scotland recall (big deal) also he is nearly 4 years younger than Baldock and can play wide or central ...
  • Not rumour but if we are going to sign a striker from Reading then suggest Mark McNulty - apparently not in Reading plans for next season and had a great last season with Hibs and got a Scotland recall (big deal) also he is nearly 4 years younger than Baldock and can play wide or central ...
    Don't believe he is Championship standard, hardly done it above League Two in his time in England and although he had a decent spell at Hibs last season, we know that the Scottish League bar the two two or three teams are of poor standard.

I know we are looking to sign players who are hungry to prove themselves at this level but we do still need to look at players who have previously had at least a half decent record at this level. 
  • Where's the rumour from about Baldock?  After having gone through 3 championship clubs, he must be on very good champ wages.  Can't see it unless he get's a payoff from Reading, which is unlikely with two fat years left on his contract.  Plus he never plays a full season.  Seems most unlikely to me.