Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Seriously need that woke thread for all the heroes out there.
  • Sage said:
    There are so many reasons as to why a player may move to a specific club in comparison to another who might even pay more for him or his wages or whatever it might be.

The reasons as to why I believe if Cullen fails to make the squad at West Ham, we are firmly in the driving seat are:

- He knows the club, the staff, the environment

- He has a great relationship with Bowyer and the management team, knowing how much he improved last season and how highly they think of him

- He already was part of a very successful group with fantastic togetherness, he will know he won’t get that instant same level anywhere else he could go

- He is very close friends with Lewis Page and Dillon Phillips. It would mean they could continue to car share driving into training etc.

- He won’t have to move house or worry about getting to a new environment on his own, spending a vast amount of time travelling on his own

All of these details get overlooked with many supporters and people often think well if they pay more or pay this or that, then it’s the deciding and only factor. But these players are human, they’re people and they have to take into consideration far more than we probably realise.

Having a strong relationship with not only the manager but the people around and involved, including teammates, and the location too, plays a significant part.

It is for this reason that if he becomes available, we will likely be at the top of the list.
    So he’s not coming then ?

;0)
  • Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:
    Naby “I’m not Santa, I can’t give you a gift everyday, maybe soon”

Naby confirms we’ll make a signing today then 😉
    What a lovely man, how can anyone not like him?
    Yet just 12 months ago people wanted his head on a stick

His little cameos on camera are the sort of thing I love about this club.  The comms team are mucking around with the players and everyone seems to be on the same page.

Contrast this with 2 years ago.  I was fortunate enough to go on the pre season tour to Dublin.  Flew with the team, travelled with the team to and from the hotel, stayed at the same place, ate with them.  It was surprising to see such a divide in the team even then.  At dinner it was british on one table, blacks all gathered on the next table and then foreigners on another.  I understand there would be cliques but they were so....cliched.  Nowadays they all seem to get on, all seem to enjoy each other's company and as we saw at the end of the season with the singing in the changing rooms - they are a much tighter bunch.  That's why the players coming in have to fit in with that and that's the perfect was for a team to be greater than the sum of it's parts.
    British or white British all together?

Please don't...

Back to rumours/ ITK

Please don’t what?  Point out the lazy assumption that by saying “british” (sic) he means white?  It’s the kind of racism that the NF, EDF, etc. use overtly but still needs pointing out when used unintentionally. Otherwise the message is being spread that you’re not British if you’re not white and I’m never letting that pass no matter how politely you ask me to. 
    Oh have a day off
    Fuck you, and fuck anyone else who thinks casual racism’s should just be let pass. And with that, I’m off. 
    Here we go, I'll reach what was racist? 

I get that to describe a group of black people as blacks then you should also describe the white crowd as whites, sorta like how when someone will say 'ah you know the black lad from such and such' but you rarely here 'the white lad with such and such' but it's definitely not racist. 

Everyone knew what he meant by it, no harm done 
  • Although lazily worded,this post was certainly not intended to be racist.Prior to my retirement years ago,I was  a fresh produce packhouse manager employing people from very varied nationalities.They all had their own cultures,the Asians,the black people,the eastern europeans,all spent their leisure time in  their own company.You wont get Nepalese people listening to Rap music,and you wont get too many Black people taking sitar lessons.But as team their were rarely any problems.Sadly we live in a snow flake society,where even the most innocently made remark will be picked up by miss outraged .Does anyone remember The Arsenal game for Les Berrys testimonial, when Jim Davidson announce,"Here come de Arsenal team",Michael Thomas,Paul Davis and his mates were crying with laughter,could not happen now.
  • Macronate said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:

His little cameos on camera are the sort of thing I love about this club.  The comms team are mucking around with the players and everyone seems to be on the same page.

Contrast this with 2 years ago.  I was fortunate enough to go on the pre season tour to Dublin.  Flew with the team, travelled with the team to and from the hotel, stayed at the same place, ate with them.  It was surprising to see such a divide in the team even then.  At dinner it was british on one table, blacks all gathered on the next table and then foreigners on another.  I understand there would be cliques but they were so....cliched.  Nowadays they all seem to get on, all seem to enjoy each other's company and as we saw at the end of the season with the singing in the changing rooms - they are a much tighter bunch.  That's why the players coming in have to fit in with that and that's the perfect was for a team to be greater than the sum of it's parts.
    Christ on a bike it was just clumsy wording - don't be looking for trouble.  I was trying to type whilst at work, between meetings,  so don't have time to get the dictionary out and then double check for sexism, racism, gender assumption etc just in case I offend someone in this fucking world of people looking for offence in everything.

It seems everyone else got where I was coming from. 

Is this the bit where I am supposed to say something like "Anyway I can't be called racist because I once had a black friend?

You’re not helping yourself are you.

You can’t say ‘Christ on a bike’ these days because it implies that Jesus preferred a two wheeled mode of transport rather than one, three, four or more wheels.
    RUMOUR ALERT - I'm told Jesus was a bit tasty on a unicycle
  • Macronate said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:

Christ on a bike it was just clumsy wording - don't be looking for trouble.  I was trying to type whilst at work, between meetings,  so don't have time to get the dictionary out and then double check for sexism, racism, gender assumption etc just in case I offend someone in this fucking world of people looking for offence in everything.

Is this the bit where I am supposed to say something like "Anyway I can't be called racist because I once had a black friend?

You can’t say ‘Christ on a bike’ these days because it implies that Jesus preferred a two wheeled mode of transport rather than one, three, four or more wheels.
    Well done for not assuming his gender.  And f*ck anyone who did!

@Swisdom or Jesus?
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:

Bit unfair on asexuals (or 'ace' as i prefer). I think you need to challenge your own stereotyping.
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:

Nope - poorly chosen words and no apology.
    Sounds like you think "British" is the same as "white".

If the three categories are "Brits", "Blacks" and "Foreigns"; which group was Ajose in, or Clarke?
  • Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:

Please don't...

Back to rumours/ ITK

Please don’t what?  Point out the lazy assumption that by saying “british” (sic) he means white?  It’s the kind of racism that the NF, EDF, etc. use overtly but still needs pointing out when used unintentionally. Otherwise the message is being spread that you’re not British if you’re not white and I’m never letting that pass no matter how politely you ask me to. 
    Oh have a day off
    Fuck you, and fuck anyone else who thinks casual racism’s should just be let pass. And with that, I’m off. 

My original point was exactly this, why did you need to go into it. I get it, but I knew its going to turn this into another derail, not saying its right or wrong but just needless argument pulling someone up when they probably didn't think anything of it. If you were really that bothered you could have easily private messaged and sorted out the misunderstanding rather than just jump on them.

Racism is a big matter, but sometimes people will over-react and cause dramas when its not meant.

• Macronate said:
    Macronate said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:

@Swisdom or Jesus?

Jesus and @Swisdom on/in tandem, 
    Taylor and Grant eat your heart out.
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:

People? I identify as a dishwasher, that is very offensive to me.
  • Anyway. Swisdom, edit button is that way. Not going to vilify you or call you a racist or whatever but please change 'British' to 'white' for the sake of the forum 
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:

Nope - poorly chosen words and no apology.
    Sounds like you think "British" is the same as "white".

If the three categories are "Brits", "Blacks" and "Foreigns"; which group was Ajose in, or Clarke?
    Give it a rest for fcuks sake mate.
    Okay, thanks for the advice.
  • Leuth said:
    To be fair it was a deeply pernicious gaffe. Rightly called out and subsequently dealt with extremely badly by all parties as per

The lord has spoken Amen... oops I meant @leuth

it was always going that way after the initial response

• Any transfer news anyone??
  • @Leuth is the new centre.
  • JdCam said:
    Any transfer news anyone??
    Black fellas signing, not sure if he’s British tho

At last, a proper rumour.
  • Come on guys. @Leuth winds me up a whole lot, but when you reflect on it you have to see that what he is saying here is 100% bang on the money.
    Hate to say it but just what I was thinking.