Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    His scoring record over the last eight years...

• edited July 2019
    It sounds underwhelming cause of his age and record, but Taylor, Aneke, Bonne and Baldock sounds a lot better than Reza, Makienok, Sanogo and Watt 
  • His scoring record over the last eight years...

Championship numbers: 38 in 157

Or a little short of 1 in 4. Would likely score 10 ish goals in a season if he stays fit.

Championship numbers: 38 in 157

Or a little short of 1 in 4. Would likely score 10 ish goals in a season if he stays fit.
    10 goals in the Championship for a relegated side ( Bristol City ) is a fairly decent return, but his 11 for Brighton was in their promotion season so you'd imagine he'd have got plenty of chances
  • I can’t imagine there’s anything in the Baldock rumours. Only one prolific season in League 1, on big wages and that’s probably not the only reason Reading want to move him on. There must be some younger, hungrier players out there with more potential.
  • Bowyer did hint in his interview that is looking for some experience,  so ticks that box.
  • edited July 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    Apologies if shared already 

We are linked with Baldock 
    As long as Baldock hasn't turned into Baldrick.

He's getting on a bit, he's possibly Baldcock now.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Bowyer did hint in his interview that is looking for some experience,  so ticks that box.
    Was about to say the same.

Remember him as a busy, hardworking player with a goal in him.

Could be a good foil for Lyle and Aneke.

No idea if he's the same player Powell wanted 7 years ago.

• edited July 2019
    So are there two Sam Baldocks? And this Sam Baldock might not be the one Powell was after?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rather have his brother George tbh
  • If we if we go into next season with Taylor, Aneke, Bonne and Baldock as the front four options, I would be happy enough on the low budget we have. All of them know where the goal is, it will be whether we can get sufficient creativity in the midfield to unlock the better Championship defences vs. league 1?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Bowyer did hint in his interview that is looking for some experience,  so ticks that box.
    Was about to say the same.

Remember him as a busy, hardworking player with a goal in him.

Could be a good foil for Lyle and Aneke.

No idea if he's the same player Powell wanted 7 years ago.

Probably not.

He's 7 years older...
    There's no arguing with that logic : - )

Taylor is a better player than he was seven years ago. Baldock may be worse.
  • So are there two Sam Baldocks? And this Sam Baldock might not be the one Powell was after?
    Yes, exactly.
  • not a rumour .. a wish .. experienced and consistent goal scorer, albeit in the bottom 2 divisions ? .. the same name I have been touting for the past five seasons .. Paddy Madden
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddy_Madden

• edited July 2019
    Aren't Reading on one of those one out one in embargoes? 

Therefore releasing Baldock might mean they can bid for Piggott. 

What was Andy Hunts scoring record before he came to us? 
  • Scoham said:
    Haven’t watched this yet but apparently Bowyer has said he wants 2 or 3 permanent signings and four loans. Also talks about Aneke coming in as a 10, so we need 1 ideally 2 strikers.
    So Aneke is probably the reason it’s gone quiet on Otzumer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Was told today by a Reading fan we are looking at Sam Baldock.... 
    Reading are trying to shift a few fringe players to reduce their wage bill, one being Baldock. He'd have to lower his wages and I wonder if we can afford the fee (though as Reading want shot of him that will reduce the fee a bit perhaps)
    So maybe there was some truth in that earlier in the week... 
  • not a rumour .. a wish .. experienced and consistent goal scorer, albeit in the bottom 2 divisions ? .. the same name I have been touting for the past five seasons .. Paddy Madden

I thought someone bigger than Fleetwood would have got him last time he moved. 

• edited July 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    not a rumour .. a wish .. experienced and consistent goal scorer, albeit in the bottom 2 divisions ? .. the same name I have been touting for the past five seasons .. Paddy Madden

I thought someone bigger than Fleetwood would have got him last time he moved. 
    agreed .. he'd been a success at 2 unfashionable clubs, Yeovil and Scunthorpe, possibly it was generally thought he was not suited to a 'bigger stage' .. OR .. I overrate him and he's always played at his optimum level ((:>)
    https://youtu.be/FyoeGaneDEU
  • Paddy Madden and Ash Hunter from Fleetwood are both decent players
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    His scoring record over the last eight years...

Decent stats those!
  • Scoham said:
    Haven’t watched this yet but apparently Bowyer has said he wants 2 or 3 permanent signings and four loans. Also talks about Aneke coming in as a 10, so we need 1 ideally 2 strikers.
    So Aneke is probably the reason it’s gone quiet on Otzumer. 
    Well if we signed Williams that would be two players for that position, can’t see us having three in any position.
  • Paddy Madden and Ash Hunter from Fleetwood are both decent players
    digression ... be interesting to see how Madden gets on with his old Scunny sparring partner Josh Morris, also alongside Hunter .. good attack for L1
  • If Gallen and Bowyer rate Baldock with their track record that will do for me